Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk3HC-mUfRg

For the last five hundred years, the Lukavian Imperium has been kept in check by its neighbours. The Four Allied Nations, powered and blessed by the Crystals and led by the Warriors of Light, have defeated the expansionist power in the Catastrophe War and kept peace in the world of Zaltea.

Or so they thought. As the Allied Nations let peace and prosperity weaken them, the Imperium harbored a long grudge and a desire for revenge that drove them into a new age of technological and magical progress, as well as the research of the creation of a Crystal of their own.

And then, a few days ago, the dark-clad figure known Voice of the Empress appeared at the balcony of the Vector Imperial Palace.

“People of the Empire! For centuries the enemies around us have tried to cast our people into the darkness as they bask on the light of the Crystals and the wealth that it has given them. But the time of hiding and waiting is over! Rejoice, O Lukavia, for the Gods have finally granted us the means for our revenge! Our Dark Crystal has blessed five of the young students at our Magitech Academy with its magnificent power! They are the ones who will lead a crusade to take revenge on those who have stolen our lands on the Catastrophe War and bring them to heel! They are the Warriors of Darkness!”

The second Catastrophe War approaches...

----

So this is somewhat of an unusual FFD6 game since we are following the story of the ‘villains’! This game is inspired by Type-0 in which you play as promising students of the Lukavian Magitech Academy, a military academy that gathers the most talented youth of the Empire and trains them in the way of Sword, Gun and Magic.

Step 1: Download FFD6!
Step 2: Build your character mechanics! All races and classes are allowed.
Step 3: Write your background. You are also required to answer the following questions to help build the Zaltea and the Lukavian Empire!

Why were you recruited for the Academy?
What do you think of the Empire and its cause?
What do you know about the Allied Nations beyond Imperial Propaganda?
What is your hometown or place like?

The Recruiting Period will last until April 17 Morning. Four people will be taken, with maybe a Fifth if the person that I have been in contact with declines on playing the campaign. Get on The Discord for chargen help and play once we start the Campaign!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

World Map

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 22, 2017

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Jory Joryson

"I'd just as soon not fight ya, but if y'all insist, I guess I kin' show ya what I'm made of."

Jory's a peasant from out in the midlands of the Empire. Too far from the capital to pick up a lot of culture, and too far from the border to experience the growing international tensions, Jory was content to work on his mother's farm alongside his dad and eight younger siblings. Still, Jory was a patriotic lad, and when the recruiters called on him, he answered. Despite being a naturally talented warrior, Jory's a friendly and modest sort, and makes fast friends. He comes across as 'naive', a word people use because they don't want to call someone that talented with a spear 'stupid'. He doesn't have any particular quarrel with the Four Allied Nations, but he loves his country and wants to protect his friends and family.

"When them Imperial recruiters came to my village, I told 'em they should let my Pappy go to the Academy, 'cause he's a real strong warrior. When we practice fightin', he beats me nearly two times outta ten, and no one else in the village done that. Me and Pappy showed 'em a spar, and even though he almost beat me that time, they done took me instead. I don't know why, but if the Empress wants my help, I'm gonna help!"

"Empire's always done right by us, that's what Momma always says. We're just farmin' folk, and the Empire keeps the roads safe and protects the villages. And the year Timmy was born, we had that big drought, and there wasn't nearly enough food to pay the taxes and feed ourselves, and that nice general in the capital said that we could feed ourselves and make it up when we could. That was real nice. I don't know much about these other countries or wars or anything like that, but I know the Empress knows what she's doin', and I'm stickin' by that."

"One time a foreign merchant passed through our village on his way to the capital. I think whoever gave him directions done swindled him, 'cause we ain't exactly between the two. He sold Momma a whetstone, which still comes in handy round the farm. Seemed like an okay guy, I guess."

"Middle Pigstick's the best hometown a boy can ask for. We're not all high and mighty like Upper Pigstick, and we got a tavern, which is better than Lower Pigstick. We're mostly all farmers, except for Mr. Baker the blacksmith. The people all work hard, but they're all real friendly. I do miss it sometimes; it's weird to see a buncha people and not know their names. Still, gotta do my part for the Empire!"

quote:

Job
Dragoon

Attributes
Power: 4
Resolve: 9
Dexterity: 10
Mind: 2

Force: 3
Finesse: 3

HP: 25
MP: 0

AVD: 7
ACC: 2

ARM: 6
M ARM: 2

Skills
Athletics 4
Nature 4
Awareness 4
Swimming 2

Abilities
Jump (Innate)
Rising Strength
Dragon's Fang

Equipment
Practice Spear (Reaching)
Metal Armor (Heavy)
Potions (5)
150 gil

Goals
1. Make a good impression on a high-ranking Imperial.
2. Visit a foreign capital.
3. Protect a friend from harm, even at the cost of my own health.
4. Become worthy of the responsibilities that have been laid upon me.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 11, 2017

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Doctor Evelina “Hypergolic” Vircavnieks

Theme Song: Garbage - Not Your Kind of People

Quote: “Oh well, who cares? Explosions are the heartbeat of science.” - Evelina’s reaction to a lab experiment that killed three technicians.

Hypergolic (Or just “Hyper”, only loved ones are allowed to call her “Eve” or “Evie”) is the only daughter of two mining engineers from Skazrick, the Imperium’s industrial heart. Her parents were loving, but only had so much time for her thanks to their careers. Instead, she was left to tinker in family’s private workshop. At seven, she was making firecrackers. At twelve, she was helping them repair mining equipment. And when she was sixteen she used her father’s dilapidated Magitech armor and spare parts to build a mining suit better than anything else in use – at least until it exploded a few weeks later.

Her work caught the attention of Academy recruiters, and she left her family with smiles, hugs and a few tears to push her craft even farther. At the Academy she found even greater resources, and it’s here her personality issues became apparent. She’s cheerful, friendly, and generally well liked among students who don’t know her too well. But, behind that smile lurks a profound lack of empathy, and a taste for cruelty. The violent explosions and death that follow her lab accidents might be considered a downside by most, but she revels in them. The injuries, the deaths, the pain fascinates her. She’s responsible for a full half of the Academy’s lab technician turnover at this point, mostly due to the technicians being turned inside-out.

It’s rare to see her without her singed and stained leather bag slung over her shoulder, full of all manner of knick-knacks in addition to a few things she values: A circular slide rule, built like a pocket watch, a gift from her mother when she left for the Academy, journals full of math equations she pulls out at almost any spare moment to work on, her favorite mechanical pencil, a pipe she made herself out of purpleheart (nothing else would do in dangerous lab conditions) for smoking tobacco and a pouch full of it, and her bolt-action rifle. When she works, no matter the lab or in her room, she’s likely smoking up a storm. And when she isn’t working she’s likely arguing about any conceivable subject down in the cafeteria, or attempting to woo other young ladies with her charms.

“My parents are mining engineers, and they worked long hours. So I was left to my own devices often. I’d sneak into my mom’s workshop and tinker, it was about the only fun I could have without having to put on my respirator to go outside. When my mom was around, she’d encourage me. We're much alike. The way she tells it I was making firecrackers by seven, repairing pieces of mining equipment by twelve, and at sixteen well...I made a new mining suit out of spare parts and dad’s busted suit of Magitek gear from his soldiering days. My mom showed it to a recruiter and well, that’s why I’m here.”

“I love the Empire! The way it fosters science is so wonderful. Though I admittedly don’t care much for causes, give me a nice lab and half a dozen technicians who don’t ask questions and I’ll do what I need to do to keep it.”

“Who worships a bloody crystal?! Do you know what kind of amazing things you could make out of a crystal of that size and purity? Pearls before swine, I tell you. If I ever get my hands on one of them I'll show them a proper light show.”

What’s your hometown like?

“Skazrick is one of the Empire’s largest mining cities and has some truly amazing foundries, there’s a good chance at least a few things in your home are made of Skazrick steel. It’s set into the side of Mount Vecal, an extinct volcano. The sky is streaked with soot clouds, and the rain is black and tarry. It dries into a paste that burns wonderfully, though. Just don’t go outside without your respirator unit.”

quote:

Attributes

Power: 3
Resistance: 5
Dexterity: 8
Mind: 9

Force: 2
Finesse: 4

HP: 21
MP: 9

AVD: 6

Armor: 2
Magic Armor: 6

Abilities

Invention

Bottomless Pockets

Chemical Spill

Skills

Athletics: 1

Awareness: 2

Escape: 1

Inquiry: 2

Mercantile: 1

Negotiation: 1

Scavenge: 2

Stealth: 1

Synthesis: 5 (Tinkering) 3 (Weaponry)

Systems: 5

Vehicles: 2

Equipment

Rusty Bolt-Action Rifle (Tier 1 Ranged Weapon) 150 gil

Academy Uniform (Tier 1 Light Armor) 100 gil

Potion x5 (Tier 1 Consumable) 100 gil

150 gil

Goals

1. Design and produce a respectable custom rifle for myself.
2. See my mother again. It's been a few years, and I rather miss her.
3. Branch into a new engineering field
4. Design the most powerful airship the world has ever seen.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 16, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Mackenzie "Big Mack" Milton

Quote:"Balance in all things. Balance in... Balance. SWEAR TO ME YOUR POWER. YOU ARE MINE!"

Seventeen years ago a rather large baby was abandoned on the doors of a monastery, with a simple note saying the child's name was Mackenzie Milton. The monks took the child in, raising the boy and training him in their ways. They marveled at the speed with which he grew. Every year he seemed to gain nearly a foot in height. By the time he was five he was already as tall as the tallest of monks, and strong too. Still they trained him, but as the years passed they found that it was harder and harder to house him, let alone feed him. And so after instilling their training in him, and when he was old enough, they contacted the Lukavian Magitech Academy. Representatives from the Academy arrived, and watched the child. Marveled at his size and strength, and nodded in approval at his physical capability. Of course they largely ignored his mental abilities, focusing too much on his obvious size and strength. Still he proved a good catch, and so they paid the monks for Mack

Mack spent the next few years at the Academy, following their rules and regulations. Training among the other students. For the first time Mack was properly armored, trained in how to wear the armor, how to fight in it, and strange dark impulses were found within him, and pulled forth. His initial training was, temporarily abandoned, as he found the path of the Dark Knight. He learned a small amount of magic, not much, just enough to go with his dark impulses. Still for the most part he excelled at the physical portions of the training, though he still prefered to eschew weapons for the power of his bare hands. Life at the Academy was something of an eye opener. While it may have been a major change for a lot of people, simply because it would have been harder and stricter than what they came from. But for Mack the change was rather that the living conditions were far less harsh than what he was used to. Food was more abundant, and the strictness of the training was far less restrictive than what he had previously experienced. Intellectually he had known that there were many kinds of people, but it was not until he joined the Academy that he actually got to meet such a wide and diverse group.

"I was raised by the monks, they taught me all that I know. And I knew that my ever growing size was becoming harder and harder for them to deal with. And so when I was recruited by the Academy for my size and strength I understood this would be the best for the monks. And I have grown stronger for it."

"The Empire is where I was born, I assume. It is where the Monastery and monks are. It is where the Academy is. It is all I know. If the Empire's cause will help the people, will help the monks, then of course it is for the best and I will support it wholeheartedly. And I will crush our enemies."

"They were at war with us long long ago. They don't like us and will certainly take the creation of the Warriors of Darkness poorly. Ultimately war is likely. And for some reason I am beginning to relish the idea."

"A simple monastery hidden among the mountains. A strict world full of severe training and harsh conditions. A frugal life. But for a long time it was all I knew. And my life since has been a breeze in comparison. I will do anything to protect my monastery. Anything."

code:
--------------------------------
Attributes
-----+--------------------------
PWR  |  11 |  FOR  | (P+R)/4 = 5
RES  |  10
DEX  |  4  |  FIN  | (D+M)/4 = 2
MND  |  4
HP   | (10 + 18) * 1 = 28 per lvl
MP   | (4 + 2) * 1 = 6 per lvl
AVD  |  1 + 4 - 1 = 3
ACC  |  0 + 2 = 2

Job Abilities

Innate           Darkside (Instant action, next attack or spell deals Shadow damage, increase 
                 damage 3 steps, hit or miss I lose 25% max hp, or 50% on a crit)
Ability 1        Unusual Species - Huge (12ft tall, +2 bonus to PWR and RES, -1 AVD.)
Ability 2        Forceful Intentions (Use Force for Max skill ranks instead of Finesse)

Skills
(20, Max Ranks 6)
--------------------+-----------
Athletics           | 6
Awareness           | 3
Languages           | 4
Lore (General)      | 3
Swimming            | 1
Synthesis (Cooking) | 3

Equipment

Training Wrist Wraps (Tier I Brawl Weapon, Counterattack)
Old Spear (Tier I Reach Weapon, Critical Attack 11-12)
Chain Vest (6 ARM 2 M.ARM)
100 gp

Spells

Poison (6 MP, Single Target, Reflectable/Resistible, PWRx1 Shadow damage and inflicts
        Poison if they fail their resistance roll)

Goals
1. Defeat a mighty warrior with his own hands.
2. Return to his roots (multiclass into Monk)
3. Suplex a Train
4. Become the strongest (Possibly PWR 99, or at least PWR higher than any other character/monster)

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 13, 2017

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Olivia Anselm
Or Liv, if you really must.

Theme: Memory of the Last War

Quote: “First, I’ll allow you to recover from your injuries. Now, draw your weapons, and show me what you're fighting for!”

The Anselms have served the Imperial line for over five centuries as retainers, commanders, scholars, tacticians, bodyguards, middling nobles and, above all, loyalists - all dating well back to Orran Anselm, the Emperor’s Right Hand, the general who faced the Warriors of Light on the Big Bridge at the gates to the old capital during the climax of the War - a famous battle, but also a famous defeat.

Even before the advent of the Dark Crystal, Olivia was well on her way to a promising career - a star cadet in her class at the Academy, the cool temperament, the right talent and the right name. A bit more stiff than her peers, maybe too conscious of the legacy she’s expected to inherit and the roles she has been groomed for, Olivia is a severe girl who believes in the Empire. She takes her martial training extremely seriously - her father’s post as commander of the border guard is a reminder that peacetime is only peaceful at home, and vigilance is a soldier’s duty.

“Where else would I go? A spot in the academy is practically mine by birth. By twelve, my uncle had trained me to be a better fighter than most first year cadets. The academy was forgone, but ask anyone - I have earned my place. I dare anyone to speak otherwise. I'd be no good as... what, a farmer? Seamstress?”

“I like what my grandfather said - ‘we’re a nation built out of spite. The other nations have lived soft lives in the light of the crystals, and we’ve never been allowed to forget it. Our crops grow in stony soil, out of spite. Our fishermen brave an angry coast for their bounty, out of spite We built our new Imperial City on a wind-blasted heath, out of spite. We held together, and grew strong, after the greatest defeat in the history of the world - out of pride, for some, but mostly, out of spite.’ I suppose now we’ve gone and made our own crystal - out of spite, of course. What other nations were given, we’ve made for ourselves.”

“My father is currently commander of the garrison at the border city Bethla, the largest crossing between the Imperium and the Nations. He tells me that some of it is true - they are softer folk, less severe than your typical Lukavian. He says the border matters little to the people passing through it - but that their fighting men and women are every bit the soldiers as ours, that their commanders eye him warily from their own garrison across the city. And that I ought to remember that it may have been five centuries, but it was the Warriors of Light who triumphed over Orran at Luka, and not the other way around. They should be respected, he says. My uncle, on the other hand, says they’re vain and envious, grown fat off the crystals’ teats, says they’ll march on us the moment we look like a credible threat.”

“Luka is the old capital of the empire, from before The War - before Vector was built. And I don’t think we really ever recovered from either. For a city so large, and so wealthy, it felt… sleepy, growing up - like a small country town. There’s still ruins at the city center, where the old palace and fortress and all that used to be. We used to climb in the rubble when I was little, imagining the heroes and villains, hoping to find a forgotten dirk or some relic in the debris. Most of the adults, I think, never even noticed the ruins existed - better to think of Vector, and our future, than dwell on Luka, and our past.”

An Entirely Too Long Catalogue of Anselms can be found here.

pre:
Job: Arc Knight (Samurai)
Level 5

HP: 160/160
MP: 20/20
Destiny: 4

Attributes      
 POW  5
 RES  12 +4
 DEX  10
 MND  4

Force: 5
  Finesse: 3
  AVD: 11 (7 Class + 2 from Dex + 2 from Shield)
  ACC: 5 
  ARM: 31 (41 Sentinel)
  M ARM: 19 (29 Sentinel)

Skills           
 Athletics      5
 Awareness      5
 Escape         1
 Inquiry        2
 Lore (General) 2
 Lore (History) 4
 Nature         1
 Negotiation    4
 Perform        2
 Stealth        2
 Swimming       1

Abilities       
 Innate: Draw Out     Deal (POW + RES + DEX + MND) * Lvl MARM damage to single enemy, with additional effects.
 Unburdened Soul      Blade & Reach weapons have an elemental affinity. Immune to matching terrain damage & bonus on DC 20 checks.
 Unstoppable          Roll Force Check to negate enemy critical hits & limit breaks. Auto-Regen when outnumbered.
 Paradigm Shift       Choose a Stance to grant party benefits. Instant Action for first Stance Change, Standard for further. 
   Commando Stance    Olivia & Allies gain +1 ACC. Double the bonus ACC from spending Destiny Points.
   Sentinel Stance    (Level x 2) Bonus to ARM & M ARM. Provoke lasts until end of combat.
   Medic Stance       Cast Life for 0 MP as a Slow Action.
 Provoke              Force a target to attack you for four rounds.
 Unbending Will       (As Ikishoten) +1 Damage Tier & +2 on Opposed rolls when facing fiends or fighting alone. Stacks.

Equipment       
  Serpentis Scale Heavy Coat with golden trim (31 ARM / 15 M ARM, Tier 3, Fortified)
  Serpentis Tyrant Greatsword  (Tier 3, Reliable, Gemini Massive/Sword, Fragile, +2 Res, Lightning Kami)
  Serpentis Heavy Bracers (7 ARM / 7 M ARM, +2 AVD, Tier 3, +2 Res )
  Serpentis Archery Guard (Accessory, Tier 1, Fragile, Accurrate)
  Serpentis Recurve Bow (Tier 2, Ranged, +2 Stealth)
  Potion x2, Hi-Potion x3, Phoenix Down x1
  280 Gil

Limits          
  Grievance - (Attack: Weapon, Power Item: Weapon, Revenge, Piercing)

Goals           
 - Face another nation's hero in single combat
 - Be placed in command of Imperial Troops for a military action
 - Meet the Empress
 * Secure a reputation for honor and martial skill known throughout the homeland and enemy territories alike, greater than Orran Anselm himself.

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 9, 2017

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Theme song

"Ye know me! And if ye do not ye shall be made to know me!"
Fox Zelig
This Red Mage in training was a problem child raised by a village of mages hiding their talents. They claimed he was an orphan and gave him to Imperial recruiters so that he wouldn't blow their cover–and perhaps that he might find peers and purpose in the outside world. Now in the Lukavian Magitech Academy he always pushes himself: socially, magically, and fashionably. There's a hunger deep inside him and the only way he knows to sate it is and always will be to grow too big for his restraints and leave them broken behind him. Or maybe it's loneliness...

"Erholm–"Our Home" in their thick accent, as relayed to the Imperial surveyor. It is a village of cowards who hide their magical blood from the outside world because they hate and fear outsiders and the change they would bring. Our ancestors had such great strength, but the living generations have left their power to atrophy and their powerful heirlooms in attics to gather dust. Many times I tried to run away, but always I was caught because none were taught the lay of the land other than the elder's stooges who chased me down..."

"My village made use of the recruiters to de facto exile me for developing and flaunting the power that is my birthright. I "acted out of turn" frequently and honed my skills with what scrolls I could steal or spells I could mimic or convince others to teach me–just to shut me up. Stone was used by the elders as intuitive magic to excavate areas and enrich the soil, Poisona to cure the debilitating aftereffects of the rampant drug use that goes hand in hand with a tedious existence.

"The tipping point was stealing an arcane weapon–a staff that had leaked all but a drop of its former power–and using it to battle a ghost that a peer of no consequence [actually a crush] awakened while moving heirlooms between barns. The designs on my body I have now marked in ink glowed white and I banished the monster back into the bottle whence it came, but the victim betrayed me to the elders. The rest is ancient history."

"We are very much the same: unjustly suppressed and eager to show our adversaries the fruits of our disciplined self-improvement. I will forever be in their debt for teaching me how to circumvent the damper that village life, and allowing me to drink deeply the thrill of battle. We will prove ourselves to the world!"

"Nothing, yet. I am very interested in the records of their places and items of power, but they are Imperial sources–incomplete, hearsay, propaganda, as you say. But facts cannot hide from me: I have made use of documents, expatriots and prisoners to learn their language and lore, as well as trained myself to spot their lies."

quote:

Name: Fox Zelig
Race: Human
Job: Red Mage
Appearance: Proud and purposeful. Tall, slender and overly elaborate and graceful.

Stats 25
PWR 1
RES 4
DEX 10
MND 10

Force: 1
Finesse: 5

HP: 18
MP: 14
M.ARM: 10
AVD: 8
ACC: 1

Abilities 3
Innate Ability: Encyclopaedic
Job Ability: Charismagic, Seal Evil
Future Abilities: 2 Spellblade, 4 Onion Knight, 6 Mind Over Matter, 8 MP Stroll, 10 Animal Companion? Stronger Together? Long shot? Shockwave? Ninjutsu? MP Strollx2? Limit Breaker?

Skills 22, 6 max
Awareness 5
Escape 2
Language 5
Lore (Everything) 5
Negotiation 5

Spells 1, 1
Poisona
Stone

Gear
R: Fingerless Caster's Gloves (T1 Arcane Weapon) 150g
L: Book titled "Tenacity" (T2 Shield, SOS Auto-Life) 150g
B: Protective Charms (T1 Light) 100g
A:

Inventory
100g

Goals
Use Pact Magic to bind a Supernatural Entity. Put them on a leash or a necklace.
Humiliate whoever doubts me! That should thin the list...
Return home and claim my heirlooms. I'll put them to good use.

Big Goal
Find someone to love.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 13, 2017

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Ozwald Hotspur

"Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
Oz's Theme

The Hotspurs used to be one of the greatest noble houses in the Lukavian Empire, producing some of its greatest generals and mages. Key phrase being ‘used to.’ A combination of crippling debts, keen-eyed rival houses and incompetent heirs has left the Hotspurs a shadow of their former selves. Ozwald himself isn’t even a proper heir, borne from a drunken tryst between a distant relative of the Hotspurs and some un-named dandy. The current head of the family, Cyrus Hotspur, adopted baby Ozwald to be his heir apparent when it was discovered that he had the potential to become a dark knight, the first one in generations for the Hotspurs.

Ever since Oz has been groomed in blades, magic and etiquette for when he becomes head of the household. Cyrus’ blatant favoritism and breach of inheritance traditions has caused much consternation among the would-be heirs, leading to Oz being isolated growing up. He still went to social gatherings (the few that the Hotspurs were still invited to) to learn ‘the trade of talk’ (Cyrus’ words) but he never had anyone close enough to call a friend.

Learning the political machinations and backstabbing involved in the fall of the Hotspurs along with the lonely lifestyle he’s led has left Oz disillusioned with Lukavian nobility. But rather than accepting this as a fact of life, it has inspired him to bring change to the Empire. And to bring change you need the ear of the Empress. With Oz being chosen as a Warrior of Darkness, it seems fate still has great things in store for the Hotspur name.

"For all the bridges burned by the Hotspurs over the years, we still have close ties to the Military Academy. Not like they had to pull too many strings with my capabilities," Oz smirks with that last sentence, a rare sight on his face.

"Believe me if there's anything you learn in the Hotspur household, it's how to hold a grudge. I don't blame them either, what with the Allied Nations using their crystal's blessings to increase the fertility of their lands while we struggle to yield enough crops to feed our people. If our lands aren't enough it only makes sense to look outward."

"According to some traveling merchants Cyrus keeps in touch with, there seems to be tensions going around between the other mainlanders, enough that it percolates down to their citizens. Just the other day, a merchant from the Sylvan Republic got into a fistfight with a Titanian traveler, and let's just say the words they exchanged were... not suited for polite company, to put it mildly. Interestingly the Levias Confederation is staying out of the disputes. I wonder what's going on... "

"Baron's Port is one of the wealthiest areas in the Empire because of all the trade coming through the coastline. Consequently, the most insufferable nobles tend to gather here. I imagine the Hotspurs were the same them before we became the punchline at every party."

Job: Dark Knight
Attributes:
Power: 8
Resolve: 8
Dexterity: 3
Mind: 6

Secondary Attributes:
Force: 4
Finesse: 2

Combat Stats:
HP: 26
MP: 8

AVD: 4
M.ARM: 2

Job Abilities:
Darkside
Last Resort
Heirloom

Skills:
Acting: 2
Athletics: 3
Awareness: 3
Inquiry: 3
Lore (General): 3
Lore (History): 3
Negotiation: 3

Magic:
Fire

Equipment:
The Blade of Damocles (Tier 2 Blade)
-Properties: Reliable, Jagged
Knight’s Armor (Tier 1 Heavy Armor)
5 Potions
300 gil

Goals:
Be recognized by the Empress
Acquire a small fortune
Find allies in the Royal Court
Restore the House of Hotspur

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 12, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Orrd

Quote:"None can stand before the power of nature. And nature bends to my will. So bow before me, or be crushed."

Four years ago a small boy, dirty, dressed in rags, bark, vines, dirt and mushrooms, with mushrooms growing out of his hair stopped a trio of Lukavian Magitech students. "Excuse me? Is this the way to the Lukavian Magitech Academy?"

The students looked at the boy in disgust. "Piss off you filthy peasant!" One of them goes to hit the boy. He simply gives the student a look and gestures. The very earth beneath the student sucks him in, holding him down so only his shoulders and head remain above. The other students look on in shock.

"What did you do to him?" one of them screams before they both try rushing him in a coordinated attack. The boy shakes his filthy head, "fools." He gestures again and walls of ivory and steel appear around the remaining two students, encapsulating them and crushing them. The students struggle, continuing to try and attack the boy. One attempts to swing his sword, and each time the walls crush him a little more, as bones creak and blood begins to squeeze out a bit. The other raises a wand and tries to cast a spell, but each time more and more magical power is lost.

The boy speaks again. "Fools. None can stand before the power of nature. Even this nature of steel and stone that you live in. And nature bends to my will. So bow before me, or be crushed."

Then he turns to the student still held by the very ground beneath his feet.

"Darkness is coming to this land. Darkness will rise. Darkness will wash over the lands beyond. Only the strongest, the hardest will survive. Only Darkness will be victorious. And who knows Darkness better than I? Now will you tell me what I want to know?"

The student stammers out an answer, and the boy continues to the Academy.

As it would happen instructors kept an eye on the students of the Academy, of course they would not come to the students aid, for it would not do to coddle the students. And so a number of instructors witnessed this event. And when the boy arrived at the Academy and requested admission, an unusual occurrence, particularly for one so dressed, he was actually admitted. After some tests of course.

Over the next four years the boy would grow, filling out as he had access to easily attained food. But careful to keep himself fit enough. He never really grew particularly strong, relying too much on his innate abilities, and he wasn't the most dexterous, again no need to use a ranged weapon. But he made up for these deficiencies with the power of his mind, and the sure resilience of his body. And his abilities which separated him from the average student. As he grew accustomed to Academy life he began to dress better, and shaved his head as he now had access to such modern conveniences. By the time his graduation was approaching he had become a top student. Popular for the food, and other things, he concocted. Even if he could be cruel, brutal, and harsh. For he was a strict believer is survival of the fittest, and while he wasn't strictly the strongest when it came to pure muscle power, he was the fittest. Most others simply didn't measure up. They weren't good enough, and would not survive the Darkness.

"I asked to join. As I had just single handedly defeated three of their students, without any Academy training of my own, with relative ease it was a simple matter to prove my worth. Simply put most of the students aren't good enough for the Darkness that is coming. Still I am sure others will rise above the chaff."

"What does it matter what I think of the Empire and its cause? For 500 years the harshness of this land has shaped us, made us strong. And now the Darkness is rising. The Darkness will wash over the Allied Nations. That is all that matters. And I shall be there for it."

"Long ago we fought against the Allied Nations. They were not strong, yet they came together and Warriors of Light arose to stop us. This time will be different. For we have become strong and for Darkness shall walk with us."

"A home. Hmm. For a long time I lived in a deep dark cavern beneath the mountains. I grew accustomed to the darkness, the dankness, surviving off skittering creatures, bats, and mushrooms. And the occasional wandering monster I came across. It made me hard, and it honed my abilities. Then I moved on to other terrains. Learning of them, coming to know them unlike any other. Bending them to my will. For I am their master. And now I have come to this city. And now I am this city's master. And soon I shall wash over the Allied Nations with the Darkness that is coming."

code:
Attributes
PWR  |  3 |  FOR  | (P+R)/4 = 3
RES  |  10
DEX  |  2  |  FIN  | (D+M)/4 = 3
MND  |  10
HP   | (10 + 18) * 1 = 28 per lvl
MP   | (10 + 0) * 1 = 6 per lvl
AVD  |  0 + 5 = 5
ACC  |  0 + 1 = 1

Job Abilities

Innate           Geotrance (Slow action, effect based off terrain(s), pick Offensive or Defensive,
                      if Offensive roll 2d6, if both dice come up 6 the attack must be a Maelstrom,
                      may perform Intuitive Magic to perform mundane tasks outside combat, like bending
                      trees into a bridge or creating a pocket of shelter in a desert sandstorm.)
Ability 1        Home Terrain - Underground (Always have access to the Underground terrain type 
                      when using Geotrance, in addition to whatever the current location provides.)
Ability 2        Geowareness (Geotrance can now be used as a Standard action instead of a 
                      Slow action.  The gentlest touches of displaced air now warn him when danger
                      approaches, giving him and his allies ample time to prepare.  This drastically 
                      reduces the risk of a Pre-emptive attack at the GM's Discretion.)

Skills
(22, Max Ranks 4)
--------------------+-----------
Athletics           | 4
Awareness           | 4
Nature              | 4
Scavenger           | 3
Swimming            | 1
Synthesis (Cooking) | 3
Synthesis (Alchemy) | 3

Equipment

Oversized Bell (Tier I Arcane Weapon, Quick Cast)
Leather Garb (4 ARM 4 M.ARM)
5 potions
150 gp

Goals
1. Defeat worthy warrior of the Allied Nations.
2. Create a meal from a Boss Monster.
3. Pluck out my own eyes so that I can always see Darkness.
4. Create or Consume an Ambrosia.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 13, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Think I'll do picks earlier. In 24 hours from now to be specific!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A bit late! But here are the picks. Basking in the cold miasma of the Dark Crystal, they are....

Doctor Evelina “Hypergolic” Vircavnieks - The callous Engineer.
Fox Zelig - The resentful Red Mage.
Jory Joryson - The happy-go-lucky Dragoon.
Olivia Anselm - The stalwart Warrior.
Ozwald Hotspur - The ambitious Dark Knight.

The game will be starting next week. Need to start planning stuff but thanks for everyone for apping. You were all great!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 1 Complete

Rewards: 4 XP, 160+120 Gil to everyone, 1 Destiny.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 2 Complete

Rewards: 3 XP, 200 Gil to everyone, Thunderbird Down and Thunderbird Talons, 3x Potions, 1 Destiny.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 3 Complete

Rewards: 5 XP (Total Level 3 4/5), 600 Gil to everyone, 5x Potions, 2x Sylph Wings.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
(Thanks for the invite, Plut!)

Leila Ebrahi(Music)
"I-I'll do my best! ... *CRASH* I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

Fleeing the Lukavian Imperium centuries ago the Ebrahi family has shared pride in their Sylvan homeland for several generations, spending many of them as premier Chocobo ranchers. Their line has given rise to great trainers, riders and salesmen as well as the proud, humble farmers that support such endeavors and their beloved homeland at large. Leila is the third child of a fourth son in a large, bustling family that commanded a lot of mercantile and agricultural prominence. Coming of age to be trusted with greater responsibilities at 12, Leila was being trained to start taking a greater hand in the family business and to be tutored in the fine art of raising the legendary birds. What should have been the happiest year of her life soon turned out tragically wrong, but all stories should start at the beginning.

Leila Ebrahi is a dependable, hard-working farm girl who has grown up playing with her brothers and sisters, helping out on the farm, loving creatures great and small and exploring the wild places around Ebrahi land(those cleared of dangerous fauna, at least!) Taught self-sufficiency and practical skills from a young age, she's as capable as a pre-teen can be and sometimes more apt to take charge than some adults! From childhood she has grown to love the dark places of the earth and staying up late, chasing pyreflies and catching frogs under moonlight. She has always enjoyed rough-housing and isn't afraid of getting dirt on her hands, all traits that the family could joke about as they wait for the little miss to grow into a proper young woman. That was all cut off when the Imperium made dramatic sweeping expansion into Sylvan, seizing several prominent properties under pretense of war crimes. Now Leila sits in a cell, unsure of her fate and of the whereabouts of any of her family, fear gripping her heart...

Subject exhibits unusual reactions to injection. Unusual yet promising. Absence of fatal mutations or compromising mutations a rarity, research suggests that presence of puberty contributes to likelihood of survival. Further research to be conducted on basis that allowing room for Subject to grow will permit injection to boost that growth.

"They're horrible! I always grew up hearing stories of the mad men and women that wanted to conquer the world! They're greedy people and they're jealous of the crystals. They're mad that we rely on them and even worse, then they get mad they can't have them anyway. Sometimes good people have to stand guard near the Empire's borders and then you hear about those false fire accidents, and everybody knows what really happened, but we're told we can't do anything about it because we can't push for war, and we just have to accept it. Like when they started building that ugly fort on the border and we just have to deal with that, too. And now I''m here... and I..." Hearing a bit too much noise from the cells at night, a Guard rattles the bars with the pommel of his sword, laughing as people look around in confusion and Leila and a few others recoil in fright.

Subject demonstrating remarkable growth despite no increase in height. Increases in muscle and bone density. Physical strength increasing by factors difficult to measure. When comparing to soldier, Subject may seize a man and beat another with him, as though one of our knights was tasked to fight a mob of children. When compared to beast of burden, Subject refuses to act and seeks sympathy from Instructor and beast. Occasional reports of incidents involving improper administration of continued injections, or outside influence triggering Subject to react. Physical tantrums reinforced by presence of magical energies rend labs and cells asunder. Requesting minimum of three Magi assigned to insure 24/7 protection. Subject must be forced unconscious if rampage begins. Suggest compulsions to Sleep.

Inability to control Subject is troubling. Beginning to resist effects of collars. Beginning to break collars. Subject in danger of being designated Reject, in danger of being put down like common fiend. Inexcusable lapse in long term judgement. This is the key to mass production. Recommending alternative solution and calling upon IRU personally.

"Poft was a beautiful place. A river passed through town and all these big buildings were set up on either side of it. Ships passed through the center and sometimes they'd even stop and sell you rare goods right there! And our farm was right next to it, and right next to that were the old mines they emptied out, the cliffs on the coast, even a valley and a waterfall where the river dropped! I wish... I wish this was all just a dream... and I was just hiding in the cove again..." Unable to sleep in the new solitary cell, Leila waits until the others stop chatting and pulls her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. She rocks back and forth and waits, eyes wet.

Misc Equipment Notes

Mithril Farming Tool (Formerly Spear)
The head of a reinforced spear meant for Dragoon rank and file was broken in the hands of the Subject from Batch 4. Subject refuses to part with the armament and insists it "feels better." Attempts to swap the weapon, steal it overnight or to seize by force have been met with bouts of extreme anger. Incident reports note with some amusement that the quality of injury dealt to guards attempting to restrain has in fact risen by an order of magnitude.

Dark Crystal Power Harness
"A horrible metal press I wear under my arms and around my chest, to "regulate energy." It sweats, it chafes and it gets hot or cold! It's too tight around my waist and pinches at the shoulders, I really can't stand it!"

Cactuar Pin
Subject refers to hand-made metal-craft as a keepsake from her homeland, laced with the ground down tips of a native plant to add a distinctive green cross-stitch appearance. Imbued with a primitive form of tribal magic, it has been deemed irrelevant and fit to dispose of once a more permanent solution is proposed for collateral damage problems.

pre:
Leila Ebrahi
Job: Geomancer Level 5

HP: 125
MP:  12
Destiny: 5

Attributes      
 POW:  18 (14 Base)
 RES:  7
 DEX:  7
 MND:  3

Force: 6
  Finesse: 2

AVD: 7
  ACC: 3
  ARM: 8
  M ARM: 8

Skills           
Awareness: 3          Escape: 3     Healing: 3
Lore(Monsters): 3     Nature: 3     Perform: 3
Scavenge: 3           Stealth: 3    Swimming: 3
Synthesis(Cooking): 3

Abilities       
Innate: Geotrance
Geowareness(Trance as Standard, GM Awareness)
Home Terrain(Underground)
Force of Nature(Move Medium)
Earth's Embrace(Ignore Difficult Terrain and Environmental Dangers)

Limit Break
Weight of the World: AoE Enemies(5), Speed Break(4), Move: Short(1)
Medium Range, AoE Speed Break(Halved Fin/Avd/Acc for 4 Rounds) and Knockbacks

Underground
Snare: 90 + 2d6 Non-Elemental Damage (PWR 18 x LVL 5), Opposed Finesse(2d6+2) to Inflict Stop
Earth Heal: 30 + 2d6 Healed (Force 6 x LVL 5)
Cave-In(Maelstrom): 1d6 vs Single Target, 35 + 2d6 Earth per hit (RES 7 x LVL 5)
Causes Earthen Field, all Earth Effects deal 2 Additional Stages

Equipment       

Mithril Farming Tool (Formerly Spear)
Tier 2 Weapon - 700 G, 2 P, Reach(11-12 Crits), PWR x 2
+2 PWR, Special Ability(1/Combat) - -4 acc to attack
On hit deals +1 damage step, causes knockback and stops the target for one round

Dark Crystal Power Harness
Tier 2 Armor - 450 G, 1 P, Medium: 8/8 Arm/MArm
+2 PWR(Attribute Boost)

Cactuar Pin
Tier 2 Accessory - 600 G, 1 P
+1 AVD(Accurate)

Tier 3 Consumable - Hi Potion(50% HP Restored) 200 G
Tier 2 Food - Spicy Roast Leftovers(+2 PWR) 50 G

Goals           

1) Escape the Empire's sphere of influence and/or notice
2) Reunite with Family
3) Chocobo Farm