Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We're going to call the cops on you for our own mistake! Hope you didn't like your front teeth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Please remove your clothing."

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he shouldn't have resisted

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i would have taken the $800 cash and a free hotel room that they were offering instantly.

what a r-word

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

i would have taken the $800 cash and a free hotel room that they were offering instantly.

what a r-word
republican?

yes he was very white and greedy imho

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
"take 'em away, boys"

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
what happened? he wanted a dr pepper and they only had mr pibb? idgi

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArchNemesis posted:

he thought his seat priority was more important than united airlines' employees so he resisted arrest because he didn't plan his trip around potential travel delays like literally everyone else does

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ArchNemesis posted:

Well they definitely didn't have any Pepsi.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dolphin posted:

he thought his seat priority was more important than united airlines' employees so he resisted arrest because he didn't plan his trip around potential travel delays like literally everyone else does

Yeah it's hard to plan a trip around travel delays when you're on a flight because you're a doctor going to a hospital.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dolphin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM&t=43s

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Chinatown posted:

what a r-word

Could have saved a lot of trouble if they just asked if anybody else was ok with that deal. Somebody would have taken it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ArchNemesis posted:

United dragged a doctor out of his seat and off a plane and punched him in the mouth because they overbooked the plane

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah it's hard to plan a trip around travel delays when you're on a flight because you're a doctor going to a hospital.
oh sure, he should have totally been in chicago the day before than

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the company has a right to remove people. it's THEIR plane.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Dolphin posted:

Actually unless he was trying to take one of the two seats at the front of the plane, his seat priority WAS more important than United employees.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
don't be surprised if, after years of pissing off customers, they start to show up cameras rolling just waiting for you to do something tweet-worthy

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

revmoo posted:

Actually unless he was trying to take one of the two seats at the front of the plane, his seat priority WAS more important than United employees.
oh sure, one "doctor" is more important than literally an entire flight full of people those employees had to service

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dolphin posted:

oh sure, one "doctor" is more important than literally an entire flight full of people those employees had to service

Flight attendants have more important jobs than doctors. They help people to their seats.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
If he's really a doctor he can fix his own smashed face so nbd really.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Doctor was a paying customer. The airlines already took his money. He was already in his seat. gently caress united.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Dolphin posted:

So, when a company in business to deal with customers' logistics has a problem getting their own employees where they need to be & when need to be there logistics, it's a paying customer's fault for not having a backup plan?

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
Regardless of whether or not the airline has the right to revoke passage for any reason or no reason at all (they totally do) I don't see how this situation had to end with the guy getting dragged off. Surely choosing another volunteer (one who would not have put up a fight) would have been preferable. Doctors don't get some kind of "priority" seating or something?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Dolphin posted:

Your gimmick sucks. There's no way to paint United in a good light. You mean to tell me that no other flight crews were available? Bullshit.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps u should ignore the bootlicker troll who white knights a traitorous billionaire

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

NoWake posted:

So, when a company in business to deal with customers' logistics has a problem getting their own employees where they need to be & when need to be there logistics, it's a paying customer's fault for not having a backup plan?

The bottom line is United being cheap as gently caress. If they offered 5 grand in free flights for someone to give up their seat voluntarily, we would have never even heard about this incident.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im just saying if you want to get somewhere on time without a smashed face fly emirates, if you dont want to get blown up by terrorists fly united

i regularly fly emirates myself because they have nice showers and you can lay down in your seat. they even give you a blanket so you can hide from all the islam stuff

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
United's stock is up 1% today. :D

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
god damnit nm i can't read dates

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice

Ron Darling posted:

lol the CEO is getting an award for "Communicator of the year" tonight

I think dragging motherfuckers off airplanes sends a pretty sharp message.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ArchNemesis posted:

I think dragging motherfuckers off airplanes sends a pretty sharp message.

I'm awful at reading dates and apparently it was last month

still sort of lol though

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Chinatown posted:

United's stock is up 1% today. :D

Well yeah, the news just highlights that they're earning 105% of possible revenue on each flight.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i like how this is their PR team's response

an MS paint

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
muhammad ali got punched in the face like a million times and hes fine, but some "doctor" hurting his head a little on a padded armrest suddenly has a concussion because he didn't want to follow the rules

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ron Darling posted:

god damnit nm i can't read dates

Just a heads up, buy stock in Ratheon before Trump starts shooting missiles in April.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn off the TV posted:

Just a heads up, buy stock in Ratheon before Trump starts shooting missiles in April.
thats already priced in probably because the free market is clairvoyant

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
United straight up rifled through my wifes luggage and stole a laptop, ipod, her purse. She got her luggage back and it was all cut up and she's like hey, what the hell, and customer service was like, oh well, we'll never catch whoever did it * shrugz *

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Oscar Wild posted:

Well yeah, the news just highlights that they're earning 105% of possible revenue on each flight.

thats why you overbook flights :)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

nigga crab pollock posted:

i like how this is their PR team's response

an MS paint

Ahahahha "re-accomodate" it reads like a fuckin Simpsons joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dave_Indeed posted:

United straight up rifled through my wifes luggage and stole a laptop, ipod, her purse. She got her luggage back and it was all cut up and she's like hey, what the hell, and customer service was like, oh well, we'll never catch whoever did it * shrugz *
unfortunately we don't employee the baggage handlers, you should take it up with the airport operator. its a real shame because theyre always doing this but theres really nothing we can do about it. you might try packing more reasonably so you dont have to check luggage

• Locked thread