Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

i don't think he actually had access to mementos prior to joining up with the PT, that knowledge was limited to morgana and he sure as hell wasn't going to share with akechi

He knows about Mementos. Futaba's mom did not have a palace but she would have a shadow in mementos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

the game goes out of its way to say no one died, which is hella dumb

Does it? I am fairly certain it does say there have been injuries and casualties, which is why the Minister of Transportation is going to have to resign.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Robindaybird posted:

Akechi would be the type to love Kenny G

nice

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Oxxidation posted:

the game goes out of its way to say no one died, which is hella dumb

I mean that would work alot better if we didn't actually see two guy get taken out by flying guardrails and the subway train crash so badly that there are actually cars stacked on top of each other. There is no way in hell everybody lived through that.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

seeing that again - there's no way that wasn't a lethal derail

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If no one died then a lot of people got permanently hosed up like paralyzed from the neck down levels of hosed up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Turns out everyone is fine because the lead car was actually full of big fluffy mattresses and everyone was wearing neck pillows.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

seeing that again - there's no way that wasn't a lethal derail

happened in an animated cutscene, which as we know by now is an alternate reality from the game proper

everyone on that train was fine, and also they were all wearing their school uniforms for some reason

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stroth posted:

I mean that would work alot better if we didn't actually see two guy get taken out by flying guardrails and the subway train crash so badly that there are actually cars stacked on top of each other. There is no way in hell everybody lived through that.
I was right. The video never says that no one died. Just that the operator who crashed the Train lived. (For a time, we now know he died later.)

Oxxidation posted:

happened in an animated cutscene, which as we know by now is an alternate reality from the game proper

everyone on that train was fine, and also they were all wearing their school uniforms for some reason

It never says everyone on the train was fine.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my recollection is that the tv newscasts in leblanc after the fact mention no casualties but it's only recollection and i can't check the LP for myself at the moment

it's a moot point either way, the wreck should have turned at least a few dozen people into tomato sauce regardless of narrative fiat

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oxxidation posted:

i don't think he actually had access to mementos prior to joining up with the PT, that knowledge was limited to morgana and he sure as hell wasn't going to share with akechi

He had to have Metaverse access before joining #Millennials, whether it's Mementos or something he hasn't shared with the party.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Omobono posted:

He had to have Metaverse access before joining #Millennials, whether it's Mementos or something he hasn't shared with the party.

he at least had the app and knowledge of how to use it, evidenced by him popping in and out of Madarame's and Okumura's Palaces independent of the party (Haru at least got dragged in by proximity to Morgana, who can apparently come and go as he pleases)

but i still don't think he had password access to Mementos itself

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Solitair posted:

I didn't play P4 Arena or Ultimax; did they walk back Adachi in those games?

As I recall, he's repentant and values his friendship with Dojima. So they soften him a bit, but don't go "He dindu nuffin" territory.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
He is about as repentant as he was at the end of Golden.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Adachi's main motivation for siding against the villain in P4A basically boils down to him thinking the bad guy is a total poser. I think there's a line that goes something like, "You're just saying you hate everything, I actually, literally hate everything."

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Also in Golden he accepted his defeat and agreed to living out his sentence in prison. Which the P4A villain breaks him out of and he isn’t happy about it because he had accepted his loss in the first place.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 164: 12/7: My Real Name Is Quisling

Anon: What a sore loser
Anon: we do need new authority…
Anon: The truth’s lost to the void
Anon: Akechi got the last laugh!

Music: Disquiet

Today, we’re gonna take care of a major errand we haven’t done yet, then head into the Palace now that we’re done maxing Confidants. Yes, this is a Palace update. I recall a while back saying that Okumura’s was the worst Palace in the game, and I must apologize for that, because this one…

This one’s a trip. That’s without any deaths, by the way.

Here, we have Mr. Taro Namatame, who is an independent newcomer. Having started as a politician’s secretary, he worked his way up from the bottom in Inaba, and…
Isn’t he a bit old for a newcomer? Huh. That kind of makes me want to root for him.

Good for Namatame, I guess, landing on his feet after that whole thing with kidnapping all those teenagers.

Music: Layer Cake

Static electricity is the enemy of detail work, so I gotta keep an eye out for it. So, you need somethin’ today?

That errand I mentioned was at Iwai’s. See, we’re finally gonna upgrade our team’s gear, including the forbidden, secret art of gun customization. We’ve gotten some decent upgrades just from Palaces and Mementos, but here we’re going to find stuff that’s not only better, but will hopefully last us until the end of the game.

Most of what I buy is just the best item in each slot, but in case you care:

Melee Weapons
  • Frenzy Dagger (232 Attack, high chance of Rage) for Maaku.
  • Dragon God Pole (240 Attack) for Ryuji. There’s a slightly worse one that increases his crit chance a little, but I wasn’t sure if that only applied to melee attacks so I didn’t buy it.
  • God Saber (242 Attack, Magic +3) for Morgana.
  • Pain and Pain (232 Attack) for Ann.
  • Masamune (244 Attack, low chance of Sleep) for Yusuke.
  • Omega Knuckle (238 Attack) for Makoto.
  • Gilgamesh Axe (250 Attack) for Haru.
I might not have bothered even showing off what melee weapons I buy and advised you not to bother, but the length of this Palace incentivizes actually using your melee attacks so as to conserve SP.

I also buy some armor for every character, but this is a little more complicated because for some characters that choice has already been made obsolete from a piece of armor we got from the laundry. The best armor at this point is about 200 defense, (with laundry goods being a good 20-40 points above that) just to give you some idea.

I then realize I’m probably going to go broke if I buy a gun for every character, so I decide to only get guns for characters I’m using.
    Guns
  • Gravity Gun (272 Attack, medium chance of Despair) for Maaku. There’s a slightly more powerful gun available for him but this ability is incredible.
  • Volley Cannon (284 Attack) for Ryuji.
  • Orochi (280 Attack) for Makoto.
  • Flame Ocean (242 Attack) for Haru.

We’re finally going to customize these guns, too! (Also we spent literally 600k on this trip, yikes. Don’t worry though, we’ll make about 200k back when we sell pretty much everything in our equipment that goes for more than 4k yen, including Akechi’s equipment)

This is an example of how gun customization works. The Gravity Gun HP (presumably for “High-Power”) is a more powerful version of the Gravity Gun. Unfortunately, it suffers a slight accuracy reduction, and even more unfortunately it loses its crazy ability. I opt not to upgrade it for that reason, even if 368 Attack is nuts. We do end up customizing some of our allies’ guns, like turning Ryuji’s new Volley Cannon into Volley Cannon II (Attack increases to 302 and Rounds increase to 6), turning Makoto’s Orochi into Orochi SP (320 Attack, lowered Accuracy, and high chance of Shock), and making Haru’s Flame Ocean into Flame Ocean II (320 Attack and slightly increased Accuracy). And hey! There was a trophy for that!

Music: Disquiet

You have an interesting fate, indeed. Well then, shall I read your fortune in detail…?

Time for a Money Reading before the Palace.

We’re almost ready for the Palace.

First, though, we should make sure we have a good number of Takemedic-All Zs. Due to the fact that we replaced Makoto’s Mediarama with Diarahan, we have no reliable multi-target healing outside of Maaku. This will serve as a decent replacement for now, though.

One last thing before we head inside: I realized I never showed off the DLC accessories that come with all the costume packs. A number of them are totally busted. In fact, I’d say that all of them are quite good in one way or another, and if this game didn’t outright require you to keep SP Adhesive 3s on at almost all times, the main reason not to equip most of them outside of not wanting to break the game would simply be that you can only equip one of them at a time. Also of note: there’s nine of each of them, which means there’s enough for everyone, including Akechi—and Futaba. I don’t know why.

The Team Glasses from Persona 4 increase your EXP from battles. This apparently only applies once, so no stacking it by equipping multiple characters with it. You may wonder why I bothered to specify that, to which I’d say: just wait.

The SEES Armband from Persona 3 increases your money from battles. This one actually does stack depending on how many people equip it.

The Sevens Emblem from Persona 2 reduces your chance of being targeted. This, I can imagine, would be incredibly useful on the protagonist if there weren’t several better ones we haven’t even seen yet.

The Hermelin Badge from Persona 1 nulls Bless and Curse. Honestly, probably the worst one. Only nullifying two elements (and the two elements that most of the game’s instant death attacks use, natch) isn’t much compared to some of these.

The Arm PC from Shin Megami Tensei if... seems kinda bad, but in the earlygame, Kamoshida’s Palace specifically, I think this would be incredible.

The Midnight Bandana from Persona 4: Dancing All Night raises your All-out Attack power. It also stacks, just like Rise’s AoA buff would get better the more bike dates you went on with her in Persona 4 Golden.

The Evoker from Persona 4 Arena Ultimax gives you a bullet upon victory. If you haven’t played this game, it’s kind of hard to convey how huge this is. This is the only way outside of Reserve Ammo to restore a bullet. This one outright breaks a game system, which is why it’s my pick for the only truly hosed accessory in this lineup.

The Lambs’ Pillow from Catherine reduces your chance of suffering a status ailment by 50%. I can see this being very useful in some gimmick fights.

The Gauntlet from SMTIV increases your critical hit rate, as well as your magic evasion rate. Kinda rote, but still useful.

And this one is probably the best of the whole bunch. The Kuzunoha Tubes from the Raidou Kuzunoha games reduce your skill cost by 25%. Not as good as an SP Adhesive 3 for preserving your SP… but this includes physical attacks, which are cast from HP. So not only do you use less SP, you need to heal less because you’re wasting less HP casting physical skills.

Anyway, that’s all of the accessories, so let’s continue on to the Palace!

...But first, I gotta go to the bathroom. Hold on one moment.

You need to poop.

>Go to bathroom

You are sitting down.

>Stand up

You are standing up.

>Go to bathroom

The door is closed.

>Open door

The door is open.

>Enter bathroom

You are now in the bathroom.

>Poop

“Poop” is not an accepted action.

>Use toilet

You should probably close the door first.

>Close door

The door is closed.

>Use toilet

The lid is closed, buddy! You’ll make a mess!

>gently caress you

“gently caress” is not an accepted action.

>Open lid

The lid is open.

>Use toilet

You take a refreshing dump and contemplate washing that towel.

>Enter bedroom

The door is closed.

>Open fukcing door

I don’t know what a “fukcing” is.

>Open door

The door is open.

>Enter bedroom

You find a note attached to your bedroom door.

>Read note

It reads: “Dear (Arist)-- We are watching you. Stop working with the Phantom Thieves immediately. Also, be nice to Ari and do his chores. If you do not comply, we will be forced to give you a mental shutdown. From, Shido, future Prime Minister”

>Contemplate note

It seems wholly unlikely that this note is serious. The terrible penmanship, implausible methods, and ridiculous demands all point to an odd prank. However, you are a shameless coward, so you probably won’t take any chances.

So, uh, funny thing happened in the bathroom and I now hate the Phantom Thieves forever. Go Shido!

Music: Ark

Got it. Let’s get going!

Okay, let’s head inside. I mean, oh no, don’t do that, you bastards.

On virtually the first fight the Phantom Thieves run into, Treasure Skimmer activates.

This is what it looks like when an enemy has been skimmed. Guess those rotten Phantom Thieves are living up to their name.

We know the identities of the five VIPs.
A politician, a former noble, a TV station president, an IT company president, and that cleaner guy!
Hm, according to the map, there should be a restaurant up ahead.
That’s where the politician should be, yes? Let us go check it out.

We might be able to gain intel from talking to them. Just don’t ask any suspicious questions, OK?

It’s no wonder the stability is superb! This is Congressman Shido’s vessel, after all! Hmhm!
Quite true… I may have undergone hardships in my youth, but now a life of leisure is finally mine!

These sitar ladies flanking the Cerberus are Sarasvati(s). They’re weak to Nuke, block Ice, can cast party healing and buffs and will attempt to Confuse the party.

Oh, not quite yet. I hear it has received high praise from a famous congressman.
Hahaha, correct you are. The good sir visits is almost every day.

Near the back of this hall, the Phantom Thieves find a strange door.

It will not open, and they cast it out of their minds like the simpletons they are.

I haven’t the foggiest idea… My connections only barely secured me a place on this ship, after all…
I suppose we’re just ordinary citizens in comparison to some of the other patrons here… We should probably be thankful we’re even allowed to dine in this lounge to begin with,

After some light loving around, the Phantom Thieves decide to head over to the restaurant.

A members-only restaurant… “Ristorante… Elite”?
Even you can’t read it? Aren’t you supposed to be English girl?
Uh, that name’s not English… Anyway, moving on. “This restaurant is exclusive to members. Those without a membership card will be rejected.”
What? You gotta be a member just to eat dinner? That’s such bull.

Those rule-breakers decide to head in anyway.

Music: Impromptu for the Next Prime Minister

Oh yeah, we heard about that thing earlier… What a pain.
I believe our staff should have explained it when you boarded this ship… Apologies for the inconvenience, but may I please check your boarding pass, sir?
This is bad… We should retreat.

Music: Ark

I’m not sure, but either way, it seems asking around is our only option.

Don’t bug the other passengers, you hooligans!

Oh, it seems I’ve dropped my card for the restaurant somewhere around here…
My, my. You won’t be able to dine there without it. Have you tried consulting the staff?
Haha, not yet. I doubt there’s any need to worry though. I’ll try asking around the bars later. I know Mr. Shido personally, so I’m sure he’ll issue me another if I can’t find mine.
Oh, how wonderful! I didn’t know you had such lofty connections! No wonder you exude such dignity!
Hey, isn’t this a good chance for us? He said he dropped his membership card.
I am not keen on this, but we may be able to take it from him if we can find it first.
Hell yeah! He dropped it, so we gotta swoop in n’ take it!

The classic “track the footprints” tactic.

Look at them scurry around like mice, pathetic.

The footprints pass by a bar.

Welcome, sir. How may I help you?

Hm? What article are you looking for in particular?

Unfortunately, nothing of that sort has been dropped off here.
Looks like this isn’t the right place, Joker.

And now they’re trying to sneak a drink while underage! Shame on them!

Very well. Ah, but I’ll need to see your boarding pass first.
Shoot, this isn’t good! Let’s get out of here, Joker!

Back to following the footprints.

The Phantom Thieves question this bar as well, but it does not have the membership card.

Down the stairs…

To the final bar.

Ah, so it was yours. Please do not worry; we have been holding on to it for you this whole time. ...Here you are. Please go enjoy your meal, sir.

Who cares? It’s all thanks to that dick Shido thinkin’ everyone around him is incompetent.

He didn’t mean that, Mr. Shido! You’re not a dick! ...Unless you’re into that, I don’t know!

So he doesn’t believe in anyone… That must be why there are so many membership cards around.
Well, it’s not bad that it went by quick. Let’s head to the restaurant and grab a letter of introduction.

Music: Impromptu for the Next Prime Minister

One of our targets, the powerful politician, should be at the restaurant. What’s your call, Joker?

Thank you for displaying your proof of membership, sir. Please head on inside. Seats marked with a blue flower are reserved for special guests. Please refrain from sitting there.
Special guests…? Eh, who cares.
A reserved seat is special information. That may lead us to the politician we’re looking for.
For real!?
That possibility didn’t even cross your mind!? Ugh. Anyway, let’s head in and find a seat.

Try not to get too excited, OK? You’re embarrassing us…

Music: Suspicion

Right. That influential politician comes here.
Why don’t we have a seat at the table next to it and wait for him? I’ll go. He may become guarded if we go in a big group.
Wouldn’t it be odd with just one girl sitting there though?
Does someone want to come with me?

That was my intention from the start! I mean, dude! It’s a restaurant!
What are you, a preschooler!?

That sounds about right for Skull.

I was wondering why you were so excited about this… *sigh*
Why isn’t anyone asking me to do this…?

No cats at the dinner table.

All right, we’re going in. Everyone else stay nearby. I’ll give the signal when the time is right.
Man, what should I eat?
You can’t get full off of food in a Palace.
He’s as dumb as ever…

Uhh… I can’t read this…

Truly, a scholar for the ages, this one.

Queen would order the foie gras. She’s a cop, she loves animal abuse.

A salad garnished with truffles… and roasted lamb, please.

Say, ain’t we kinda young compared to the others here? They’re all involved with Shido, yeah?

Music: Desire

Whose? Uhh… I don’t see any reserved signs or nothing here.
It’d be a nuisance if you’d make a racket next to my table. I wish to dine leisurely. Children like you who’re merely hungry should leave.

S-Sorry…

If you understand, then go home.
Excuse me, but might you be Mr. Ooe?
Indeed I am.
This will be an impudent request, but would you provide us a letter of introduction to… Mr. Shido?
From the looks of it, you appear to be minors. Why do you need an introduction?
We wish to be granted an audience with him… His political ideology resonates so much with us…

Understandable.

Of course, the same can be said about you, Mr. Ooe.
You have quite the silver tongue for one so young… not that I mind it. Are you a high school student?
Yes, sir.
Speaking of high schools… I’ve heard that some principal somewhere kicked the bucket.

Amazing segue, sir.

He supposedly tried to leak Mr. Shido’s name…

Had he simply obeyed, he could’ve remained in the upper echelons. To think he would cast all that away. An elite such as myself can’t even fathom why someone would do such a thing. If you pledge your loyalty, you’re given the honor of selecting those who would have mental shutdowns.

Hm? Ah, more or less.
Considering your caliber, I would assume that the target must have been someone quite important.
Important? No, the target himself was nothing that impressive.
Oh, you must be being modest…

Skull stood up so quickly the “!?” over his head couldn’t keep up!

It was to take out the president of some company and a diplomat who sided with current government.
I see… That was very useful, Mr. Ooe.

Actually, my sister is a prosecutor at the Public Prosecutors Office. I could pass on what you just said to her… How about it? Won’t you give us a letter of introduction?
Is that a threat? Who are you two?
The letter of introduction, please.
Don’t get cocky, brats! I’ll never give you one!
Looks like you have one though! ...Welp, guess it’s time to use brute force!

Politician Ooe

Music: Keeper of Lust

All right, Ooe! Now’s your chance! You’ve turned into one of those weird-rear end snake balls from Bloodborne, so take out the Phantom Thieves!

Ooe is a “cycle” boss, which means he will do the exact same pattern, every time, in the same order, until he dies. It’s not a bad cycle, though.

Concentrate + Tarukaja + Rakunda + Bufudyne is enough to decimate anyone it hits.

Unfortunately for Ooe, those rotten thieves have a secret weapon: Noir.

Ooe’s Psy weakness is enough to cripple it, and the fight ends rather quickly. Also, sorry, Psiodyne looks dope as gently caress. Had to say it.

At the end of the fight, Skull learns Ziodyne to replace Zionga.

Mona also learns Masukunda to replace Me Patra.

And that’s one down for the Phantom Thieves. Hopefully one of the four adversaries remaining in their path can stop them.

Music: Suspicion

Please keep the truth of that subway accident a secret…
Fine…

What!? I mean, er… Good job, citizen.

In any case… it turns out Principal Kobayakawa was connected to Shido after all… No wonder he was so adamant about me digging up information on the Phantom Thieves.
Still, I can’t believe Shido just killed him so nonchalantly…

I’m sure he had his reasons.

The entire nation is underwater in his Palace. He must feel nothing toward one measly educator.
In any case, even though that politician was cognitive, he turned into a monster. Up until Kaneshiro’s Palace, cognitive beings were nothing more than weak presences…

Hm? But he had the memories and appearance of an actual person.
He was probably a Shadow fused with a cognition… It’s like making the Shadow wear human skin.

How would you know about that?

I’ve never seen anything like that before… Such power is normally impossible. Hold on… Wasn’t Shido the one who destroyed the research done by Oracle’s mother on cognition?
Oh! Do you think that when he did, he took the results for his own purposes…?
Shido…!
For all we know, Shido could have some hidden trick that allows him to tamper with his own Palace. We need to be especially careful from here on out…!

So you’re saying he did have a secret move? That’s rich.

Music: Desire

And in return, I only ask for your continued support… Standing up to the world does require money.
Of course. I’ll make sure to prepare compensation as thanks for your help in “cleaning up.”

I’m reusing the Palace portrait for Ooe here because there’s no good shot of him from outside the Palace. He’s not literally calling Shido from the Palace, just FYI.

The incident with that accident in spring was very beneficial. This is all thanks to you, sir.
If the study of cognitive psience progresses, I believe it’s possible to increase the target range.
*chuckle* I bid you good luck with that endeavor. I hope you will continue to assist us.

Great job, Shido sir! Please don’t kill me.

Arist fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 23, 2018

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And this update confirms it. There were at least two fatalities it the subway incident.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Shido's palace is definitely a slog but at least for me it didn't feel as infuriating as Okumura's. Length can be annoying, but the puzzle setpieces in the Okumura one (particularly that loving boss bot/rotating shifts guessing game to get the key kards) drove me up a wall. Also Sweatshop is hands down the worst Palace theme in the game whereas Ark is solidly average, even if it loops a bit too fast.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Arist posted:

The Arm PC from SMTIV seems kinda bad, but in the earlygame, Kamoshida’s Palace specifically, I think this would be incredible.

The Gauntlet from Shin Megami Tensei if… increases your critical hit rate, as well as your magic evasion rate. Kinda rote, but still useful.

I don't know which game the Arm PC comes from, but the Gauntlet is definitely from SMT4. Maybe they're switched?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Epicmissingno posted:

I don't know which game the Arm PC comes from, but the Gauntlet is definitely from SMT4. Maybe they're switched?

I got confused because a very similar item is in SMT if... and I forgot to check the description! Oops!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Arist posted:

The Sevens Emblem from Persona 2 reduces your chance of being targeted. This, I can imagine, would be incredibly useful on the protagonist if there weren’t several better ones we haven’t even seen yet.

Heh, this one's pretty amusing, considering that in Eternal Punishment the protagonists spread around a rumor that anyone with the Sevens Emblem can't be targetted by the Joker (and then Maya burned it anyway because she wanted to get to the bottom of whatever's happening :v:).

Arist posted:

Hm? But he had the memories and appearance of an actual person.
He was probably a Shadow fused with a cognition… It’s like making the Shadow wear human skin.

A Shadow fused with a cognition, huh? So maybe Morgana's one of these. My wild guess is that part of Wakaba's cognition split off when Akechi murdered her and that it fused with a random Shadow to become Morgana. So that might explain why Morgana wants to go around Palaces and figure out his missing memories.

Sydin posted:

Akechi probably has at this point a triple-digit body count. The "let's talk about how evil we are!" conversation implied Shido more or less made it to his current position by climbing the bodies Akechi was piling up with his mental shutdowns. On top of that are the requests by Okumura, the other people who were in Shido's circle like the SIU Director who were presumably also making requests, and the subway incidents.

Akechi is a bonafide mass murderer; I'm not sure how the game could walk that back without caving in on itself.

The last arc of Dragon Ball Super had Goku instigate a battle royale because of his fight boner, where all the universes that lost got erased from existence. And after the one guy from the worst universe called Goku out on this, the show then bent backwards over itself to walk it back.

There's stuff like how everyone kept mentioning it's a good thing Goku did that since it gave one universe a fighting chance. Or how no one in his team other than Gohan knows that Goku caused the tournament. Or how the other universes are framed as jerks for Goku's team to beat up. Or how it's revealed that the great god planned this entire tournament to test the morality of the universes, when said god has always been shown to be an excitable child.

If P5's writers really wanted to, they could totally try and walk things back for Akechi (and it's gonna be dumb as hell).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Could we get a letter that allows us to meet Shido?"

"Aren't you kids a little young to be meeting Shido? Anyway, even though I believe that, allow me to tell you the specific details of our master plan to take over the government."

I... okay.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They all assume that since you are on the boat then you are already part of the conspiracy.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Epicmissingno posted:

The COMP has been around since the beginning of the series, this is what it looks like for anyone that doesn't know with the the updated SMT1 art version.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Honestly this is admittedly a bit clever - offer potential allies a means to get rid of their troubles that can't be traced to them under normal circumstances, but also gives you a means to blackmail them, just Shido's such a loving tool in everything else.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

(The following is personal interpretation obviously)
This is a Palace and those are Cognitions, not real people. They're not really sentient. I think once an intruder has bypassed the security measures a Palace can't really avoid forking over the info, although how that happens depends on the Palace itself.
I'll be damned if Shido isn't proud of his accomplishments and wishes he could talk about it openly; thus, his accomplices' cognitions start monologuing about the plans, past and future, at length, because it's something Shido wishes he could do.

E: and yeah this Palace is massively long with no enforced "come back tomorrow" breaks. I think I actually popped a soma about three quarters in.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 23, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

You are now in the bathroom.

>Poop

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

That's what I was expecting. Clearly this means that Arist isn't wearing any pants while LPing.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Farseli posted:

That's what I was expecting. Clearly this means that Arist isn't wearing any pants while LPing.

Perfectly normal behaviour. :colbert:

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Koorisch posted:

The COMP has been around since the beginning of the series, this is what it looks like for anyone that doesn't know with the the updated SMT1 art version.

The COMP yes, but this is an Arm PC, which was only used in SMT if, since it was a custom built kit-bash from a teacher who saw the COMP the SMT Hero had while he was walking Pascal. I think the reason the Teacher built his own was that COMPs are fairly expensive, unlike laptops.

Here's Tamaki sporting the item now. Fanart and Kaneko style,

cdyoung fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 23, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I would probably put this on and then never use anything else.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Farseli posted:

Pants prevent creativity and slows down typing

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
He didn't wash his hands, the barbarian.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Omobono posted:

(The following is personal interpretation obviously)
This is a Palace and those are Cognitions, not real people. They're not really sentient. I think once an intruder has bypassed the security measures a Palace can't really avoid forking over the info, although how that happens depends on the Palace itself.
I'll be damned if Shido isn't proud of his accomplishments and wishes he could talk about it openly; thus, his accomplices' cognitions start monologuing about the plans, past and future, at length, because it's something Shido wishes he could do.

E: and yeah this Palace is massively long with no enforced "come back tomorrow" breaks. I think I actually popped a soma about three quarters in.

That's how I read it too. Even at best, these are just the people's shadows so of course they're babbling all their evil plans.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Arist get a bath mat

Robindaybird posted:

Honestly this is admittedly a bit clever - offer potential allies a means to get rid of their troubles that can't be traced to them under normal circumstances, but also gives you a means to blackmail them, just Shido's such a loving tool in everything else.

Yeah he's somehow less competent than Adachi, and that's really saying something.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Unoriginal One posted:

He didn't wash his hands, the barbarian.

Why would he need to? He didn't wipe.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Grapplejack posted:

Arist get a bath mat

Yeah he's somehow less competent than Adachi, and that's really saying something.

Adachi pretty much relied on nobody suspecting a cop

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's kind of astounding that Adachi didn't give himself away sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

So, everyone has a pretty imposing cut in during battle.

Does anyone else notice that Haru's features that very specific type of eye that they usually use for like... A tired Yakuza about to kill someone?

Haru is not playing.