Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«113 »
Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Feb 12th is APU day. 2200G looks like a nice HTPC / mining apu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

~death to capitalism~
Every DSA is a cop

pixaal posted:

I'd rather see folding at home turned into some kind of buttcoin like currency so the mining would actually do something and people could trade them on the value that they did something good and there is a limited amount of research.

This is impossible.

The tasks folding at home, seti@home, etc do are things that can't be verified without the verifier doing the same processing all over again. Meanwhile bitcoin mining type things are designed so that the person doing the "work" takes a lot of time to do it, but I can come over and verify it by running a way faster function to compare things.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

~perfect~
battlebrother

Risky Bisquick posted:

butters buying these and am4 mobos en masse would be a pretty huge masterstroke

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Risky Bisquick posted:

Default support for 2933 MHz, too! That implies some IMC tweaking, which is great. Tom's are thinking that there might be some L2/L3 latency improvements like Threadripper has as well.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ions,36375.html

2400G, 2x4GB 2933MHz RAM, VESA mount-able ITX case, and tweaking with some voltages is going to be a really fun platform for a lot of folks.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Aug 22, 2004

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Blub

Friend sent me this image, with no info on where it was found - I'll post the source when he gets back to me.

Raven ridge IMC die shot vs Zen die shot, they look very different - could easily be fake.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 23:26

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dont the graphics share the same IMC though? i dunno how cpu design works really

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Risky Bisquick posted:

If ECC support gets straightened out I might do some upgrading to my little home server box.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

~perfect~
battlebrother

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Friend sent me this image, with no info on where it was found - I'll post the source when he gets back to me.

Raven ridge IMC die shot vs Zen die shot, they look very different - could easily be fake.

It's the same memory controller (rotate the bottom part of the Raven Ridge IMC 180 degrees to see what I mean) The Zeppelin dies have two memory controllers with the second going through IF and on AM4 the second one is just fused off and rendered unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Aug 22, 2004

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Blub

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

It's the same memory controller (rotate the bottom part of the Raven Ridge IMC 180 degrees to see what I mean) The Zeppelin dies have two memory controllers with the second going through IF and on AM4 the second one is just fused off and rendered unusable.

Ahh k, thank you.

«113 »