Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«29 »
Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

shrike82 posted:

I just set up a Ryzen 7 1700 with a 1080 Ti. I've installed the latest chipset drivers.

Is there any other setup I need to do to optimise my system?

Welcome to Team Red

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2017 around 15:56

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Thanks, I've set XMP for my ram. I'm wary about overclocking the CPU, I understand that doing so disables idling?

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Oh my god...

Lipstick Apathy

shrike82 posted:

Thanks, I've set XMP for my ram. I'm wary about overclocking the CPU, I understand that doing so disables idling?

Use P-State overclocking if your BIOS supports it. It's probably in a menu under AMD CBS.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

SamDabbers posted:

Use P-State overclocking if your BIOS supports it. It's probably in a menu under AMD CBS.

Just checked this on my setup and apparently it set itself up automatically. That's pretty nifty of Asrock.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I've been keeping this in for too long

WHERE ARE MY APUs LISA SU?

With all these SKUs eating pretty much every conceivable defect on a Zeppelin die, I don't imagine desktop APUs are necessarily a priority but my mad science projects can only wait so long.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

Back-to-school at the earliest, more likely Christmas.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
For an excellent introduction to the role-playing hobby I would certainly recommend 5th Edition D&D. A superb starting point is the Mines of Phandelver module which comes included with the Starter Set.

That also includes all the rules you'll need in a single, well-presented box!

Combat Pretzel posted:

At least AM4 doesn't fry your CPU, whenever you intent to use that weird upgrade path Intel thought up.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Back-to-school at the earliest, more likely Christmas.

I just want it so bad. I want to make VESA mounted PlayStation killers.

FaustianQ
Mar 1, 2013

NewFatMike posted:

I just want it so bad. I want to make VESA mounted PlayStation killers.

AMD should support the new STX motherboard standard, I bet they could go full retard with the board design and integrate a Lexa GPU on a premium version so you can use Summit/Pinnacle as well.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Here come the white box EPYC servers

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11567...26-ssds-oculink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

SamDabbers posted:

thanks man, i've OCed to 3.7GHZ. Dumb question but how does overclocking here differ from the max turbo core speed of 3.7GHZ that the 1700 advertises? Does that also go up proportionately?

«29 »