Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I tried buying a movie on iTunes (STAR WARS ep. 7) and, well. apparently something changed and my PC setup is no longer HDCP compliant. so I can't play it full res. plus, it's compressed down to only 5.2 GB? like, they call that high definition?? that's practically a scene release squeezed into a DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

so I went to a local store and bought the blu ray and put it in my PLAYSTATION 4. instantly plays just fine with crystal clear picture and audio. seamless experience. who gives a gently caress that i have to keep a plastic disc around

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

The Management posted:

lol, let me get off the couch, put pants on, get in the car, drive to the wherever it is they sell movies these days, pay for box with a plastic disc in it, drive home, unwrap it, put it in my video james console, wait for it to do a firmware update, then use a controller to play back.

I didn't have to wait for a firmware update because PS4 automatically downloads updates in sleep mode

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yo apparently those old playstations have really good audio what for listening to CDs on

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

is there an acceptable way to rip blurays without relying on a complex toolchain of ultra-grognardy programs full of complex encoding options that only pagancow would understand? does it still take hours and hours for a single movie? tia.

your blu ray didn't come with an ultraviolet code nobody uses?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

carry on then posted:

isn't the ps3 still one of the top 5 blu-ray players? although that might not be due to picture quality

e: except for the first gen unless you really like your blu-ray player to attempt to take off using its cooling fan

PCMag did this, and they were basically saying "hey look it's also a video games"

but for real, ps3/ps4 is the best because you can also use it as a netflix/youtube/hulu box and not worry about being dropped for support because it's a big flagship product

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Last Chance posted:

lol so wrong. apple tv 2/3 are miraculously responsive compared to its contemporaries like roku boxes around 2010. 4 is even better, it's the fastest box out there.

amazon video isn't on apple tv because amazon chooses not to put it there. not apple's fault.

gotta sell those kindle fire sticks

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

do they even make money on those

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm trying to get away from the google ecosystem

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

angry_keebler posted:

imo if you post in yospos but didn't build a monster htpc that supports all media types stored on your beefy media nas and also it can play all video games at incredible resolution then idk try building a sick htpc to do all that

I want to play bloodborne

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

pram posted:

long router is long

:pram:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

welcome to my thread pagan cow

Adbot