Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the only blu ray i own is lotr theatrical editions

they're more tightly paced and generally better films than the extended versions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

emoji posted:

Sure, I'll buy the newer version of the product that was intentionally hamstringed and has the laggiest UI ever made and doesn't support basic stuff like Amazon video even tho refrigerators support that, even though all that stuff could be fixed with a basic update. Or I could use the superior PS3, whose only disadvantage is size and Apple couldn't even be bothered to make their new one in stick form.

lol so wrong. apple tv 2/3 are miraculously responsive compared to its contemporaries like roku boxes around 2010. 4 is even better, it's the fastest box out there.

amazon video isn't on apple tv because amazon chooses not to put it there. not apple's fault.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I bet Apple could put it on there if they tried, so maybe it is

what?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

emoji posted:

There's a chip in there that decodes H.264 just like every other device on the planet made in the last 10 years. The lagging is purely bad software because the hardware is more than powerful enough (evidence: the 11 year old PS3 has superior performance).
bzzt

ive never seen my third gen apple tv drop frames. ever. it does take a while between views when opening a new app or video, but it still plays everything perfectly and there's no interface lag whatsoever. netflix works, 1080p itunes stuff i've bought works, airplay, plex via airplay from phone.

still a great product and works great in my spare room

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

wow didnt know the space under Tim Cook's desk, where you live, to suck him off daily, had a spare room.

atv 3 came out during Stevie's watch. you're thinking of the wrong desk

• Locked thread