Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

what's wwe gonna do when big show retires and no one else is big enough to make the ring break spot convincing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That DICK! posted:

I hope we never see kalisto again

he still has to show us his big lucha thing

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Erick Rowan is better than Babyface Strauman because Rowan makes wine.

Come at be bros.

i love how to this day bryan alvarez calls him The Vintner

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bradzilla posted:

This is definitely, 100% building to Braun losing to Roman again. Don't kid yourselves.

lets go roman!!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

also, wrestling is fake

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm going to hinder jinder because he's bad

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i have no opinion about jinder himself but wasn't he a jobber, like, last week?

yeah that's what kinda gets me the most. they've done literally nothing to build this guy up and now he's in a title match??

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i feel like its just a holding pattern til they go with an aj/orton program for the summer. at least, i hope so.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Looks like the Shining Stars gimmick is dead and they are back to being the Colons.

We're From Puerto Rico, And Puerto Rico Is Great wasn't much of a gimmick anyway

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

I like how the spirit squad can work the indies in full costume, names, and gimmick.

"Hey WWE you cool with this?"

Vince: Who tf is the spirit squad?

"K thanks"

i think it's a case where as long as they aren't on tv or pay-per-view it's so under the radar that wwe wouldn't even know about it

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

can we just go back to talking about jinder

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cesaro just needs to give someone a nice old fashioned concussion, then he'll finally be pushed

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Helicity posted:

As someone with a relatively minor diagnosis of bi-polar disorder that has become manageable over the years, I understand what Mauro is going through. In my early 20s I could barely keep a job or a relationship because I would take minor things and let them snowball and escalate until complete destruction.

There were a string of lovely managers, co-workers, friends, and girlfriends that I dealt with on a continual basis. They weren't monsters, but they also weren't great people. When you're in a manic phase, everything is great, and when you're in a down phase you do everything you can not to succumb. I didn't break this cycle until I had some good therapy and stopped surrounding myself with people that could be lovely.

My guess is Mauro is more strongly affected, WWE is filled with lovely people, and Mauro just got into a funk and couldn't get out easily. He started tweeting again in a manic phase after forcing it to the only conclusion that made sense to him - complete destruction of the relationship. I don't think JBL, Vince, or others raped him in the shower or poo poo in his food or any of that. They were probably just assholes, and piled on even more when Mauro went into a funk. How do you file an HR complaint for hostile work environment that gets worse because of your mental illness? HR is to protect the company, not the employee, and if there's nothing illegal about being an rear end in a top hat, there's really nothing to file a complaint about.

There's my effort post for the year, back to watching sweaty men rub against each other and talk about who's yard it is.

this is a good insightful post. i don't have bipolar disorder but i have other mental illness so i relate to a lot of this and its why the mauro situation in particular has really struck a chord with me. people who aren't mentally ill tend to not understand just how rough it can really be, especially with regards to things like employment.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

corey graves always struck me as trying far too hard to be jesse ventura and i still can never shake that feeling. everything he says sounds really forced.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Fine, let's turn things around:

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE (CURRENT) WWE COMMENTATOR MAN?

booker t because at least he's funny bad

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i thought mauro was all right and i am sympathetic toward his mental health issues, and despite jbl being a loudmouth texas rear end in a top hat, it seems to me that a lot of people are just concluding that jbl was at fault because of mauro's issues and that mauro is naturally the victim because of them as well. i don't know that it's an accurate depiction of mental illness.

obviously no one knows the full story other than jbl and mauro themselves, but it's pretty easy to reach the conclusion that jbl was more at fault considering his history and how many people have spoken up about his behavior and how most people who know mauro personally say he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i've maintained for a while that cole can be very good when he's left to his own devices and calls things by instinct, but unfortunately that's not the case about 95% of the time when he has vince in his ear wanting things done in his very specific, weird way

i bet if cole were ever like, moved to smackdown, he would probably be a very different announcer than when he's on raw

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's kind of a shame, but they seemed to have no interest in really using or pushing him so it's probably for the best

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Remember when they stubbornly wouldn't drop heel Cole even though he made the product much, much worse?

yeah that was by far the worst time for wwe commentary, it was an active detriment to the product. now it's just white noise that's at least easy to tune out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i wonder what they would change his name to

• Locked thread