Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FrensaGeran posted:

I am 15 minutes into my very first watch of Fun in Balloonland. It is somehow simultaneously exactly what I was expecting and absolutely shocking in every way.

The crazy balloons at the start are great, but I just for some reason love the insanity parade with the very drunk lady talking over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

With the shorts-based RiffTrax Live and the site reaching its 300th short, I'm adding to a listicle I did of the 25 strangest RiffTrax shorts. For anyone who's been watching those regularly, what are some good bizarre shorts they've done in the last 3 years or so?

I love Creep Machine, as it really goofy short film. Also has a kid who hangs their Ronald McDonald doll on the wall.

Library World and County Fair are also other favories along with Curiosity Cares A Lot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How is the Summer of Shorts Live Show? I own all the shorts, so are they just a repeat of the classics with similar jokes like the Christmas Short or entirely new jokes? I know there are some new shorts in it like the creepy looking sack one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just still can't get over the 'ultimate killing machine" looking like a Putty from Power Ranger.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Rewatching Balloon Land since it's the best possible day to watch that 'movie'..and I notice the lady dressed as Mother Goose at the start is the drunk narrator from the Parade section.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know they said on twitter there is a new Christmas movie riff this year as well that somehow even worst then Whizzo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

In the meantime, I updated the Guide to Holiday Riffing.

HIGHLY suggest Gifts from the Air. It's probably the oddest old timey dancing toy cartoon they've watched yet.

It reminded me of that "Shanty Where Santy Lives" short that was part of their "Magical Christmas Tree" short film riff they did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kinda wish they redo Nestor with Kevin and Bill. The Mike only one is good, but it feels weird just listening to a riff with only him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While Jack Frost should be a fun riff, I was kinda hoping for another really bizarre rear end Christmas movie that nobody ever heard about like Whizzo or Ice Cream Bunny.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Check your email, I got a ten dollar gift card from Rifftrax. Might use it on the Jack Frost riff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's fairly new, but I really liked Mary and Bridget's Beyond Christmas riff from this year. It's such a bizarre Christmas movie about three old business men dying and trying to keep the couple they met during a Christmas party they organize together, with the male from the party somehow falling for some lady. It's all solved when she is randomly killed by her ex husband in the most lame gunfire in cinema history.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I went with Jack Frost since it the most recent Christmas movie and it was pretty funny riff. Still wished they did a bizarre rear end Christmas movie like the one Mary and Bridget did this year (Beyond Christmas), but it always fun watching them tear up a bad horror movie. Beyond Christmas is also a great riff you could buy too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

They haven't released the MP3 for the Five Doctors, right?

Not yet, which is a shame as that the Live event was hilarious.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RandomPauI posted:

It will never make sense, strap in for Seal Team Santa, an Ogre eating a puppy, and direct flights to Santa's forest.

Also don't forget African Warlord who kidnapped the parents!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wished they would redo Nestor with Kevin and Bill. Mike does a good enough job, but it harder to watch the first year stuff without them around.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What was cut from the Scifi airing for Space Mutiny? Only thing I remember hearing was some actual subplot with the "space pirates" that we only see their stolen Cylon ship blow up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Looks like we got to pay for that riff now. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So whatever happened to Old MacDonald?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just watched the People Soup short...what was that even about? Two kids spend ten minutes producing a potion that turns them into a chicken and dog before turning back and wandering off.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
See a email for a new riff and then see "Matthew Elliot" and immediately delete it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Edward Mass posted:

*Man puts on Nazi armband*
Mike: Oh, I know what he's going to say...
Bill: "Vote Ron Paul!"

Bill of Rights short is one of my favorite. It gets a little slow in the courtroom, but the build up is just great.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Same, I generally skip the airing and watch the on demand version, unless it the mp3 version then I generally never want to actually own that movie so I don't even bother. I only went to two live show in theater, the original and the Doctor Who one last year. Went to the later since I was in Disney World at the time and wanted to watch a movie after a day at the park. It was a pretty big crowd too, and it was a blast to watch. Shame the riff and short are still not available, even as a mp3 version.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They finally remember to turn off the coupon. I just wait to get it the next holiday 15% coupon, since those seem to happen every few weeks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What were the codes this time along with the secret page?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BDawg posted:

I’m bummed that they won’t be releasing Krull since my family is in the video during the credits.

They probably should have a VoD at least. They still not put up last year Doctor Who show through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this! posted:

They don't always get these major film release VoDs. That's why they do Kickstarters for them because otherwise they couldn't afford the expense.

Why I say vod, I meant mp3.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this! posted:

The Ice Cream Man is a really weird movie. The whole thing felt like someone kept on changing the script and cutting scenes. So you have stuff like the Ice Cream King getting murdered but somehow it not really relating to what is happening or how David Warner is in the movie but is given absolutely nothing to do.

Also I can't believe they spent so much of the movie on the one kid with the poorly made fat suit just so that at the very end they could do a halfhearted reference to him losing weight after the events of the movie.

Also the the most minor things that just 'how' that got over looked. Police comes to his shop to look for any signs of murder, but never check the van he drives. Or nobody ever noticed there is about 100 people in a mental ward that is falling to pieces that the movie completely forgets the next scene due to the ending showing the little boy getting sent there. Or like you said, the whole David Warner b-plot that goes nowhere with him never even encountering the ice cream man. Also they tease the black cop losing his arm to the machine, but it was ice cream man who ended up in it instead.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I loved how the cops completely forgot to check his truck...you know the one with eyeballs and blood all over it. That or going by the ending did nothing about the insane asylum with the cult.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We just watched Fun In Baloon Land.....

:psyboom:

Yay yay.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

X-O posted:

The VODs are better anyway, I'm glad they've migrated mostly to those. The blockbusters where neat at first but they all get so samey after a while. I prefer the weird rear end straight to VHS poo poo.

Same, I haven't watched any of the VoD one at all in years, not even trying the new app yet. Happily will rewatch something like Ice Cream Bunny or Balloon Land.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The annual Black Friday sale with the 20% off and $5 reward for 20 dollar and up purchases is up. Dunno what to buy, there was a lot of riffs since last year but there ones there nobody here talked about so they must not been very good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Like the ones I probably get right now are Trucker Wife, Talking Cat, and Phantom Creep along with any shorts I am missing. I imagine any Mary Jo & Brig movies are going to be funny since they always have a fun time together on the movies I bought in the past like the weird rear end Christmas movie they did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I bought Ice Cream Man a while back and that was hilarious and made no sense at all.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I liked the Relaxed Wife riff that Mary and Brig did. Along with Duties of a Secretary.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yay Yay, it that time of the year to watch Balloon Land again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What is the Yule Log thing on the site?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Check your email, as there is a free :10bux: gift card from Rifftrax. Using mine on Santa Summer Home.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

Inject "Fun In Balloon Land" directly into your veins

Yay yay

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am still pretty sure the narrator lady is dressed up as Mother Goose at the start in the balloon segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Santa Summer House and Jack Frost were both funny, but I hope next year they find another bizzare rear end Christmas movie like Whizzo or Ice Cream Bunny.