Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
I’m not kidding you here, I mean a LOT of nerf guns.

I’ve got calibrated 6-shooters with customized pumps that can practically put a hole in a concrete wall. I’ve got specially modified CO2 powered machine guns that can send a nerf dart flying through several panes of glass. I’ve got a nerf knife, made of foam with a hard rubber “stem” inside it to keep it from bending. I’ve got it all.

Now, you might think that someone like me, someone living such a luxury-filled life, would be happy, right? Well, I thought so too, until I saw my neighbor’s cache of paintball-related goods. He’s into paintball guns the same way I’m into nerf guns.

And it terrifies me.

I think I’ve been spared, honestly, from a life of meaninglessness. I’ve seen how he cares for his paintball equipment, how he lovingly polishes his mask every day, and gives each individual paintball a kiss before loading it into his rifle and blasting chipmunks in his backyard. I’ve watched him fill water balloons full of paint, consider throwing them at stray dogs and children that walk by his yard, and then gently set them back down.

And I’ve seen him on the bad nights, the lonely nights, the nights where he just cradles the cold steel in his arm, and cries. Sometimes I look out my kitchen window in the morning, through his french doors on the side of his house, and I see him passed out on the floor, an opened bottle of vodka and an empty shot glass, with paint plastered to the temple of his skull, gun lying next to him on the floor, tears streaking down his face.

I see where my nerf gun path is taking me, and where that path leads is not a pretty place at all. I don’t wish to see that dark place towards which I am headed.

So tell me, goons, what kind of shrubbery would be best suited to blocking all view of his french doors? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Stuntman posted:

please stop making threads. thanks in advance

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

rear end posted:

Yeah! gently caress people who make threads that aren't 3 words long!

Mr. Lowtax demands content. I am his eager slave.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Post your arsenal!

99% of the OP was a lie, but I actually have an arsenal. Unfortunately I am at work at this time, but if I can be assed to remember I'll post what I got when I get home.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

nigga crab pollock posted:

i bought and then sold some on craigslist but i still have the electric powered ones because lol why not

My friend has an off brand one of those, and it's awful. It's roughly the shape of a humpback whale, shoots darts about 8 feet, and makes a horrible whirring and clicking noise like a robot on life support.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Nut to Butt posted:

I like azaleas, as their foliage is typically dense enough to obscure line of sight, while their spring blooms are beautiful and fragrant!

Hey, someone who actually read my shitpost. Thank you :)

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Cantaloupe posted:

What model would you recommend for the first-time nerf buyer?

https://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Maverick-Discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B0002UP0IA

Possibly the best nerf gun ever made. I have one sitting next to me at work, and I use it to shoot my boss from time to time.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How big is your nerf gun OP?

Me too, thanks.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

The Dregs posted:

It did gently caress all.
I think he instantly burned poo poo out. The motors were still good, so I just wired them directly to the trigger and now it works, but I made him put the old AA's back in. Considering upgrading the motor though, now that I see how easy this stuff is.

I've heard that there's actually a big market for modded nerf guns, so if your son doesn't care anymore, maybe you could make some bucks off ebay.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

I.C. posted:

Oh, foliage. Right. Well, I suggest some cute curtains for your kitchen window. That way you can look at those instead but also have the option of looking at your neighbor if the situation demands you do so.

Curtains! Fantastic idea. That will probably stop my other neighbors from calling the police when the see me loving my blowup doll against the window at 2 in the afternoon.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

back in my day, we just threw rocks at each other, and whoever was still alive at the end was declared a "jolly good fellow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

pics yo, otherwise you're just full of poo poo

Ok now all loose threads are wrapped up, the end. Good shitposting everybody, give yourself some pats on the back

• Locked thread