Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Fangz posted:

Quite.

So, who is Mugaro's dad? The king? Kaiser??????

I think it's safe to say his dad isn't human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
"Join me in freeing my people" *rolls critical failure on speech check* "lemme gently caress you"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The power of weaponized thirst.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Rag guy poured all his points into appearance and none into persuasion.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dang that was some good animation

Fangz posted:

Quite.

So, who is Mugaro's dad? The king? Kaiser??????

It's gonna be Michael. He did give Jeanne a holy smooch last season after all.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

hmmm

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I don't think they'll pull a Berserk and have her already pregnant but then baby corrupted by her possession. I don't get the impression that she and Michael were actually that close and a spiritual pregnancy would be really weird. Then again, we have dragon/human hybrids, so why not.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Jumping in to say I binged the first season and caught up to the new one just yesterday. Shingeki no Bahamut is very good, and I'm looking forward to more thirsty dragon lady. I'm surprised this was based on a card videogame.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

Jumping in to say I binged the first season and caught up to the new one just yesterday. Shingeki no Bahamut is very good, and I'm looking forward to more thirsty dragon lady. I'm surprised this was based on a card videogame.

I'm really surprised how well they've pulled up adapting a dumb phone game. Even Granblue is managing to be good despite being in the same boat, but then again that was a proper jrpg.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for bahamut, they ignore the source material and take the loads of money to hire talented staff. by my understanding, the mobile game is incredibly bad even by the low standards of the genre.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
as a person who played the original game

yes.

it's amazing how much they pulled out of their rear end for a game that will "play" it self.

*actual gameplay was just a value check of what was higher, rng and outside variables influencing if you won or not

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

for bahamut, they ignore the source material and take the loads of money to hire talented staff. by my understanding, the mobile game is incredibly bad even by the low standards of the genre.

So basically they made a mostly original anime. That's pretty loving impressive, especially the consistent brilliance of the show. It would be more believable if the show was really well animated or pretty given the budget but had a weak story, but they got everything right the first time around.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I watched some Granblue and this is so much better in every conceivable way it is hard to believe they're both based on games from the same company. Just looking at the openings and their use of lighting shows that one series has people who know what they're doing and the other is bland nondescript schlock.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh poo poo, this makes it easier for me to cram the first season in before this one finishes

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/860252985573560320

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rita was totally expecting a confession from Kaiser there, she looked so peeved.

This episode was fun.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
A relatively subdued episode this week. I hope Kaiser has a plan.

so um is Mugaro a girl, or do they just have Michael's fashion sense

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fangz posted:

A relatively subdued episode this week. I hope Kaiser has a plan.

so um is Mugaro a girl, or do they just have Michael's fashion sense

I think Nina just thinks Mugaro is a girl and Mugaro didn't object to being dressed that way so Nina never caught on.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Japanese doesn't do gendered pronouns, does it? So really I think it's genuinely ambiguous.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fangz posted:

Japanese doesn't do gendered pronouns, does it? So really I think it's genuinely ambiguous.
I bet that Mugaro's as much as a trap as Felis.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nina is going to explode into a dragon the instant she learns Mugaro is a boy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

Nina is going to explode into a dragon the instant she learns Mugaro is a boy.
I don't think Mugaro looks old or masculine enough to give Nina the vapors, sonny.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I miss kaiser screaming favaro at the top of his lungs like 3 times per episode but this is still good

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Didn't know they were doing a second season, loved the first one.
But no Amira :(

Lol, Batman!Azazel, and rear end in a top hat king.
What a derpy dragon.

Kellanved fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 10, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Nina's fashion sense is on point. I really like that Mugaro seems genuinely happy to go clothes shopping and get a cute dress. I was worried he'd be stoic and doll-like.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm caught up with this show finally. It's really great, everyone good from the first one is back and there's new characters who are awesome too. I'm excited to see where it goes, there's a lot of possibilities

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't see Azazel's plan failing at all! :v:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah, this is a good show. I started watching it, and now am going back to the first season. I wanna support Azazel in the second season but he's the bad guy in the first so that made me like him less in season 2.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I just cannot get enough of Nina's expressions.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I enjoyed this episode, but I felt kind of tired of all the 5 second long shots of Nina blushing. They've already established that she's bashful around men and gets embarrassed easily, so it seems like a waste of time to keep showing it again and again.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The dancing was some exquisite animation, but what's with the CG characters in the background? Does it actually take less work?

Nina continues to be Best Girl.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Well that definitely went into directions I didn't expect holy poo poo. :stare:

Humanizing your rear end in a top hat king Holy poo poo this show could go places. It's so good.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised that he seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself and not just going along with things since he was asked. Chris is pretty chill when off the clock it seems.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm caught up with this show finally. It's really great, everyone good from the first one is back

False. We are still missing the dog puppet lady.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I felt really dumb for not figuring it out until just before the reveal. I had just realized he wasn't a new character, so by process of elimination it pretty much had to be...yep.

Also the extremely handsome thugs were great.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

There Bias Two posted:

I enjoyed this episode, but I felt kind of tired of all the 5 second long shots of Nina blushing. They've already established that she's bashful around men and gets embarrassed easily, so it seems like a waste of time to keep showing it again and again.

I'm gonna have to disagree, Nina being a turbo dork is the best thing. :kimchi:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's the best animation in a show full of good animation.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

A shameful quack.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i swear the feather plucking bit was a straight up western disney trope, though disney would never condone the rest of this show

also, for some reason i was suspecting that "charioce" was azazel in disguise, but then he turned out to be legit, and then it turns out that azazel is hot garbage at making up complicated plans

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm predicting that she'll be unable to transform in the next episode because of her crush on Charioce/Chris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I'm predicting that she'll be unable to transform in the next episode because of her crush on Charioce/Chris.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like Azazel had any effect on her anymore.

• Locked thread