Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sister of Mercy in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. Only 0.29% of players have it but I knew to try for it from my playthrough of the original release because that quest had a sad ending otherwise lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i wouldnt be able to say since i didnt play it but most of what ive heard is that the writing for the plot is bad, but the writing for all the sidequests and little worldbuilding details was really well done.

as for the writing in DX:HR everyone is kind of one dimensional and straight faced, and the interesting concepts introduced by transhumanism are mostly used as window dressing. Interesting window dressing but not explored in as much depth as they could have. I mean, I guess DX1 wasnt specifically about bioengineering humans and the impact of a single governing authority, but i feel DXHR could have been something way more special.
it's really bizarre that the random hobos and street preachers and stuff are the ones concerned with the economic and class-based issues raised by transhumanism and every single power player, even the serious businessmen, only ever talk in vague emotional terms about whether it's unnatural or whatever. I guess that's not necessarily unrealistic though lol but I donm't think that was a statement they were deliberately making

• Locked thread