Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RAW RESULTS
WWE.COM

The Miz and Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose interrupted “The Highlight Reel”
Raw Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy def. Sheamus
Austin Aries & Gentleman Jack Gallagher def. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville & TJ Perkins
Kalisto def. Braun Strowman in a Dumpster Match
Dana Brooke def. Alicia Fox
Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins & Big Cass def. Samoa Joe, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
Sasha Banks def. Alexa Bliss via Count-out
Apollo Crews def. Curt Hawkins
Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose & Chris Jericho vs. The Miz ended in a No Contest

REDDIT

Kickoff with Chris Jericho's highlight reel. He says this will be the last Highlight Reel on Raw since he promises to beat Owens this Sunday and move to Smackdown, but it doesn't matter if it's Raw, Smackdown, or Southpaw Region Wrestling the friends of Jericho will support him. The guest for the Highlight reel is none other than Chris Jericho himself. Jericho says that Owens is not the face of America and is going to put him on the list again when he is interupted by the Miz and Maryse. Miz says that since he and his wife arrived Raw has been their show. Miz informs Jericho that the highlight reel is canceled and that it has been replaced with Miz TV and he has the stage crew get rid of the Jeritron and gt the Miz TV set up. Before Miz can start however he is interrupted by Dean Ambrose. Ambrose thinks no one wants to watch Miz TV so he gets the stage hand to set up the Ambrose Asylum set instead with quests Chris Jericho and Miz and Maryse. Dean puts asides his history with Jericho and wishes him luck against Kevin Owens. Jericho still asks for the $15,000 that Dean owes him for destroying the old light up jacket so Dean gives him a gift of a new hand made one with Christmas tree lights. Miz objects to it and says the jacket of that quality represents how Dean just slacks off and disgraces the Intercontinental title. Miz feels he deserves gifts and thanks for simply being on Raw. Dean gives the Miz Dirty Deeds for his troubles and Jericho puts Maryse on The List.

Backstage Kurt Angle has his phone call interrupted by the Miz who is angered over Jericho and Ambrose ruining Miz TV. Angle tells Miz to find a partner since he will face both Dean and Jericho in a tag match tonight.

Before his dumpster match Braun calls the entire audience and Roman Reigns trash. Backstage Kurt asks Kalisto if he is sure he wants to go through with this who says he has to fight for his pride. After the match Braun becomes enraged and destroys Kalisto. Braun throws Kalisto's lifeless body into the dumpster, shuts the lid, and drags it up the ramp. Once he is at the stage officals try to stop Braun but they are ineffective. Strowman locks the dumpster with Kalisto inside and pushes it off the stage. Kalisto is treated by EMTs and is stretchered off.

Wyatt says he has not forgiven Orton for burning the compound and that he will feel his suffering inside the House of Horrors. Bray says he will use Randy's pain and suffering to be reborn.

Backstage Samoa Joe is with Gallows and Anderson and they promise to thoroughly destroy Seth Rollins and Enzo and Cass tonight. Joe says he will punish Seth at Payback for what he did to Triple H and Stephanie at Wretlemania.

Before the 6 man tag Samoa Joe and Gallows and Anderson take out Enzo and Cass. Seth rushes down to try and even the odds after Enzo is taken out with a magic killer. Angle doesn't want it to be a handicap match so he gives Seth and Cass a new team member with Finn Balor.

Alexa Bliss goes to the ring and talks about how everyone on Raw comes out and talks, some about who they want to beat, why they will be champion, while others like Bayley talks about their childhood dreams and it makes her want to puke. Bayley comes out and gives Alexa respect for becoming number 1 contender but doesn't appreciate how she wants to talk behind someone's back instead of saying it to their face. Bayley says she will put all her effort into walking out of Payback in her hometown as champion. Alexa revels in the fact that she can beat Bayley in front of her friends and family. Bliss takes pity on Bayley for being so sheltered and says she will end the dream on Sunday. Sasha interrupts which Alexa berates Sasha saying she is always helping Bayley. Sasha reminds Bliss that she stole the victory last week and she wants a match with Bliss right now. Alexa tries to back out of the match but gets punched by Sasha for her troubles.

Backstage Dean is trying to patch things up with Jericho before their tag match and asks to be taken off the list. Jericho refuses saying no one can be taken off the list and he still doesn't fully forgive him over the Asylum match and destroying the light up jacket. Chris reconsiders since he brought him the new jacket and takes him off the list. As soon as Dean is out of the room he gets put back on the list.

On the Payback kick-off show Enzo and Cass will face Gallows and Anderson, and there will be a special Miz TV with Finn Balor.

Backstage Curtis Axel and Heath Slater are going to be interviewed about Marine 5 when the Miz tries to get them as their partner. They both refuse and Heath says he already has a partner and Rhyno shows up and tries to offer Maryse a cracker which shes slaps out of his hands. A stage hand gives Miz a note from someone saying he'll be his partner tonight.

After Apollo's match Titus O'neil goes into the ring to celebrate with him.
Backstage Aries is trying to get Kurt Angle to let him add a "twist" to the main event of 205 live. Kurt runs into The Miz who says he has a partner as the Drifter walks by but Miz says that isn't the partner. Angle wishes him luck but Miz doesn't think he needs it.

Miz tries to introduce his tag partner but he doesn't show causing Miz to try and cancel the match but Kurt comes down to stop him saying it was his responsibility to find a partner and make sure that he showed up so Miz will have to be in a handicap match. Before Dean can send Miz through an announce table Bray Wyatt appears and delivers a Sister Abigail to Dean Ambrose on the titantron

Stop putting Wyatt in everything. The guy loving sucks

Smackdown Results
  • The show opened with Renee Young trying to interview Shinsuke Nakamura, only to be interrupted by Dolph Ziggler who took over. Ziggler mocked Shinsuke and said he was a freak from Japan who used to be Michael Jackson. Shinsuke mocked Ziggler, called him a jackass and fought him off and scared him out of the ring.

• AJ Styles defeated Baron Corbin despite interference from Kevin Owens, who was on guest commentary. After the match Corbin and Owens assaulted AJ who was saved by Sami Zayn. Owens managed to blindside Sami and then hit AJ with the Pop-Up Powerbomb.

• Backstage, Charlotte claimed that gold runs through her veins and tonight she will defeat Naomi for the Women's Title and prove she is the greatest superstar in WWE history.

• American Alpha defeated the Colons in 5 minutes and 17 seconds. Breezango will face the Ascension later in the night and if they can beat that time they become the new Number One Contenders to the Uso's tag titles.

• Rusev did a pre-taped segment criticizing Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan, and claimed he won't appear on Smackdown unless he gets a title shot at Money in the Bank.

• Becky Lynch was interviewed about Charlotte and said they don't always agree on the methods, but she does agree with Charlotte's drive to go straight for the title. Nattie's crew (Tamina, Carmella and Ellsworth) demanded to know whose side Becky was on.

• Randy Orton defeated Erik Rowan in a No-DQ match. Afterwards he cut a promo warning Bray that even though he doesn't know what a House of Horrors match is, he's sure he will be able to turn it into a nightmare for Bray. Jinder Mahal came out infuriated that Randy was overlooking him and insisted he had more class and style than anybody in the arena including Orton. It broke down into a brawl but Orton was jumped by the Bollywood Boys and Jinder came out on top. During the break, Jinder and the boys jumped into a giant stretch limo and left with Jinder popping out the sunroof showing off the stolen belt.

• Breezango defeated The Ascension with 2 minutes and 36 seconds to spare, becoming the new Number 1 Contenders to the Usos tag team titles.

• Charlotte vs Naomi for the Women's Title went to a No-Contest when Nattie's crew attacked both after a lengthy match. The crowd chanted for Becky and there was a minute left in the show (handily represented by a countdown for Ninja Warrior) but she never showed up, and they played nothing but replays for the beatdown before showing Naomi and Charlotte down and out while Nattie and her crew headed up the ramp.

PAYBACK
Braun Strowman defeats Roman Reigns

Jinder Mahal helps Bray Wyatt defeat Randy Orton

Seth Rollins pins Samoa Joe

Alexa Bliss is the new Raw Women's Champion!

The Hardy Boyz retain the Raw tag team titles!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

DoctorGonzo posted:

Stop putting Wyatt in everything. The guy loving sucks

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
i don't think anything you said here was right op

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What did the Big Dog do tonight

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
also you hosed up the images op

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Have we really dipped so low that DoctorGonzo is making the discussion threads

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What did the Big Dog do tonight

go to a funeral maybe? a relative of his passed away recently.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midnightghoul posted:

Have we really dipped so low that DoctorGonzo is making the discussion threads

Si.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
actually the big dog did a thing tonight, he gave a one minute long rambling monologue about action figures

personally i think it was great

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Another Person posted:

also you hosed up the images op

fixed

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Raw was bad. That ending was the most nonsensical and anticlimactic Raw ending I've seen in a while, I feel like.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone post the raw results for me please

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my poo poo broke while i was making the the discussion thread and then i sort of just gave up after my laptop rebooted and then updated so in apologies heres this

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Guys Raw was pretty good tonight. At least I think it was, I dunno, I fell asleep between the into and Bray doing a good lucha thing. I may have dreamed that last part.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bray Wyatt is in a feud about to end with Orton, in a feud about to start with Finn, and was just a surprise partner in a Raw PPV go home show main event for a feud he wasn't even involved with

The crowd cares about him in none of this

He was WWE champ literally this month

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone post the raw results for me please

The Miz and Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose interrupted “The Highlight Reel”
Raw Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy def. Sheamus
Austin Aries & Gentleman Jack Gallagher def. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville & TJ Perkins
Kalisto def. Braun Strowman in a Dumpster Match
Dana Brooke def. Alicia Fox
Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins & Big Cass def. Samoa Joe, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
Sasha Banks def. Alexa Bliss via Count-out
Apollo Crews def. Curt Hawkins
Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose & Chris Jericho vs. The Miz ended in a No Contest

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
Why did someone yell about bees when Bray did the Sister Abigail to Miz?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Bray Wyatt is in a feud about to end with Orton, in a feud about to start with Finn, and was just a surprise partner in a Raw PPV go home show main event for a feud he wasn't even involved with

The crowd cares about him in none of this

He was WWE champ literally this month

Someone posted on reddit that he has a literal 30% win rate in WWE which is just...mind boggling. It makes sense that no one gives a poo poo about the guy.

How do you try to get the nickname "the new face of fear" over with a guy who wins 30% of the time?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otWEx3vGnu8

I'm starting to think they're loving with us, at this point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Professor Funk posted:

Someone posted on reddit that he has a literal 30% win rate in WWE which is just...mind boggling. It makes sense that no one gives a poo poo about the guy.

How do you try to get the nickname "the new face of fear" over with a guy who wins 30% of the time?

That probably includes house shows so that's probably in line with any other main event heel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

People are going to be like "but house shows, of course he'd look like a loser", forgetting that the literal only PPV everyone definitely watches a year is Mania, and he's been in 4 of them, wrestled in 3 and managed a wrestler in the fourth

0-4. That is everyone's history with Bray. No wins when it matters most and everyone's watching

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

Because he's the new Undertaker, so he doesn't get hurt by losing. Because Undertaker was well known for constantly losing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I love Bray and since Wrestlemania I just haven't given a poo poo about him at all. Why get invested when you know the result's gonna be the same every single time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

People are going to be like "but house shows, of course he'd look like a loser", forgetting that the literal only PPV everyone definitely watches a year is Mania, and he's been in 4 of them, wrestled in 3 and managed a wrestler in the fourth

0-4. That is everyone's history with Bray. No wins when it matters most and everyone's watching

He still looks like a loser because he loses every feud, but the winrate thing is absolutely because of houseshows

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

I love Bray and since Wrestlemania I just haven't given a poo poo about him at all. Why get invested when you know the result's gonna be the same every single time.

given that they quietly removed the belt stip from the dumb match with boring randy i think he has a non-zero chance to win

granted its a between 0 and 0.00001% chance and i cant care anymore about bray

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont worry Wyatt is going to win is feud against Finn Balor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, here's a list of Bray's accomplishments between Mania 32 and Mania 33:
- Pinned New Day when they were in their record setting reign.
- Pinned Randy Orton
- Pinned Roman Reigns, became a Sole Survivor
- Won the SmackDown Tag Team Championships. Was not in the match when they lost the championships.
- Got to the final three in the Royal Rumble, helped Randy Orton win.
- Pinned John Cena and AJ Styles clean to win the WWE Championship
- Pinned John Cena clean again to retain the WWE Championship, AFTER a beatdown by Luke Harper.
- In the entire year between 32 and 33, he was pinned clean once.

That's it.

That's the biggest push they're ever gonna give him. They protected him and they built him for an entire year and it still ended with the same result and now he has absolutely no credibility once again. Even if he wins the Whorehouse match, who cares, it's non-title and he's immediately going into a feud with Balor. Balor's not losing his first feud back after missing seven months. And Brock's holding the Universal Title all year so Vince can have his Brock/Roman wet dream match.

This Wrestlemania was essentially their last chance to put Bray over as a legitimate main eventer and they chose not to. Window's closed. He's never gonna get that high again.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Looking more and more forward to Jinder winning the belt at Backlash

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Dont worry Wyatt is going to win is feud against Finn Balor.

The only 'main eventer' people care less about than Bray, makes sense.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought Raw was pretty good to be honest. Those are my thoughts. Thanks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finn's squashing Bray so he can be built up to be squashed by Brock

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I'll give you this foochs, Dean was pretty enjoyable tonight.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I want to be in a dumpster match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want to be in a dumpster.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I enjoyed Rhyno being upset about his crackers

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

throwww meeee in the traaashhhhhhhhhh

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
did kalisto really wina nd how what was the match even?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

I enjoyed Rhyno being upset about his crackers

That's good stuff.

I did really enjoy the callbacks to Dean and Jericho's feud from last year. That honestly made the night for me 'cause lame Asylum Match aside, I really loved that feud.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I couldnt finish Raw once they played that Roman hype video, jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bray might be my favorite wrestler in WWE and I just couldn't give a poo poo. I don't want to watch 3 hours of raw just to see him talk. I don't give a gently caress about the cool poo poo he does on weekly TV just so he can be chumped out at a PPV. His whole title run killed me on him. It started so strong only for him to lose at Wrestlemania while using his spooky swamp magic. Then he gets traded to raw without his stable and somehow the cult master is OK with this? His gimmick makes no loving sense anymore.

• Locked thread