Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Got player level 558 upon logging in, got 5 normal chests, 5 veteran chests, 55 epic chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Does that mean each week will have different objectives? That would be cool, if so.

Nah, it's the same each week - play 5 games with people on your friend list. The only difference is that weeks 2-4, you can't get credit for it from vs. AI games. Gotta do QM, Unranked or Team League.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's honestly pretty funny to see Morales stuck in a t-pose because her armguards are so huge.

She reminds me of the narrator's little brother in "A Christmas Story."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

That reminds me, last night my hots group had a new wombo combo for pissing people off.

Wall someone in with Sonya using Nazeebo, stun from the outside and whirlwind to a fine consistency.

Sit back, pour yourself a drink, and watch the beyblade cage match.

I don't know if it's still doable or not, but there used to be a similar combo with Sonya and Chen called "the Washing Machine." Have Sonya Leap on to the enemy team while they're clumped up and trap them in the crater. Then have Chen use his Q to hop into the crater and use his barrel roll heroic to knock the enemy team around in the crater until they die. Combo with any other AoE damage on your team to taste. :discourse:

Coolness Averted posted:

Although it's weird that skelethor and the scarecrow went in that category

Scarecrow Xul was a Halloween skin to begin with.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Horrify is a very good ult but the fear can be unpredictable and lead to whiffs

The targets will always run in a straight line away from the center of the effect. It's only unpredictable if you're bad at targeting it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Not what I meant. As someone who plays with the Gul'dan, I don't always know when it's going to come out, and my targets suddenly switching trajectories have thrown me off before.

That doesn't mean the heroic is unpredictable, it means you're bad at anticipating what your teammate is planning on doing when you engage the enemy. In which case, you can either ask for your teammate to give you some kind of heads up about who they're going to target before they cast it, or just wait and see what they do before you commit to your own course of action.

Believe me, I understand the frustration. I can't remember all the times I've missed landing something like Tyrande's stun because a Diablo on my team decided they had to Shadow Charge my target right at that exact moment. But that doesn't mean that Shadow Charge is unpredictable, it means I need to adjust to how the rest of my team is playing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

I was playing Morales last night and found myself wishing she had some sort of pushing or sieging ability, like a talent to make her grenade leave a gas trail or something. I recall someone said she's on the update list, so I'm hoping they diversify her a bit more rather than just better defensive stuff. Just something to feel like you have a little more control over the match.

Also I need to pick the bus more. It's fun when it works, and the other ult often gets wasted anyway.

You could always take Irradiate at level 7 and just keep healing one of the melee minions in your minion wave. It's not fast or efficient, but it gets the job done (assuming the enemy team doesn't bother to send someone to your lane to murder you).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Gustav posted:

I think it is a bad thing, as long as support continues to be the role with the least amount of heroes by a wide (and ever increasing, because supports don't sell) margin.

Nobody wants to be the healer because they want to be huge e-peen assassin with the highest K/D ratio that complains about how the rest of the team sucks at keeping them alive when they get caught out 1v3+.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Simplest solution to me seemed like it would be to just have the player check warrior or assassin when they queue as Zaodai said and your level 10/20 talents are locked accordingly, but for all I know that would have been a loving mess to implement.

Except then you have the players who bitch about him no longer being a flex pick when that was the whole point of making him "multiclass" to begin with.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

PTR Patch Notes posted:

Design and Gameplay
Hearthstone
Using Hearthstone (Default: B) will no longer automatically snap the camera back to the allied Hall of Storms unless Camera Lock is enabled (Default: L).

loving FINALLY.

Edit: Alarak rework is in this patch, too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Chaos Reigns (Q)
Moved (to level 4) from Level 7
New Funtionality:
!Quest: Hit 15 enemy Heroes with Discord Strike.
Reward: Increase Discord Strike's damage by 60.
!Quest: Hit 2 enemy Heroes with of (sic) Discord Strike in a single cast.
Reward: Increase Discord Strike's damage by 60.
!Quest: Hit 3 enemy Heroes with Discord Strike in a single cast.
Reward: Increase Discord Strike's damage by 60 and complete all quests on this talent.

:psyboom:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

At least post the link to it, I'm not seeing this anywhere either in the Official Blizzard App Launcher, the website, or the forums.

I had to close the App and restart it after the PTR updated because it was still showing up as Heroes 2.0 Beta.

Shadowlyger posted:

Post a goddamn link you monkey.

OOK! OOK! :byodood:

Edit: Tyrande also got a major overhaul.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

Level 20

Celestial Wrath (R)
New functionality:
Enemy Heroes within Starfall have Hunter’s Mark applied to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-rnxuijVjs

New Tyrande scares me. :ohdear:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

The extreme emphasis on attack speed for Tyrande and number of attacks is reminding me a little bit of Windrunner from Dota 2.

Ironically, one of her first skins was the Blood Elf Tryande skin, where her name is Tyrande Windrunner. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

One of D. Va's poke lines asks if HotS is like "Fighters of the Storm 2," because she used to main Garrosh in that. Another one rips on Sylva... Sylvia? Eh, some old lady who said she "has no time for games." :allears:

Also, she got super excited to meet an actual character from Starcraft and asked to take a selfie together in one game where I was playing a Starcraft hero. :3:

Since it was Alarak, he naturally responded by scoffing and incredulously asking if she was actually serious. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dear Blizzard

Please make a Blackheart announcer pack so that I can have the best default announcer on all the maps instead of just Blackheart's Bay.

Also, consider making the other Nexus default announcers their own separate announcer packs, too, if you feel like it.

But definitely make a Blackheart announcer pack.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Is Uther back to being the best melee assassin in the game?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, "Stun on Charge" was the only reason to ever not go "Parry makes you immune to all damage" because the best defense is making sure the other guy dies first, and being able to point-click stun an enemy made locking down squishy targets for a kill way too goddamn easy, especially after they buffed the poo poo out of Taunt to make it viable compared to his other level 10 options.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks for the recc's, everybody; played some Diablo (err, "played as Diablo," that is) to dip my toe in, but I'll definitely check out Nazeebo, Arthas/Johanna, and Li Li. :)

This is more of a general-MOBA-thing I've never quite grokked, but - what are you supposed to do with yourself when you're too beat up to meaningfully contribute to whatever's going on? I mean, obviously grab a fountain if one's nearby, but otherwise... hearth back? I think I'm always too reluctant to B, just because being out of the fight / out of lane feels so punishing. (and i'm afraid my teammates will call me a noob for being so obviously out-of-position :ohdear:)

If you have no other immediate means to recover your health, you're generally better off moving to a safe spot and hearth rather than hanging around the edge of the battle where the enemy might catch you and kill you.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Toothy posted:

Just bought Brightwing announcer. How badly did I waste 1600 shard?

If you see a thing you want and you don't want to waste time/gold waiting for it to drop from a loot box, just use shards to buy it. That's what they're there for.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I would enjoy cannon build more if I could actually get the drat things to attack heroes. :mad:

They deliberately set up the cannon's AI to prioritize minions over heroes and didn't give you the option to manually target it to force players to consider how they want to deploy it to get value out of it instead of just being able to throw it out whenever and go to town with it.

So I expect manual targeting to become a thing when Probius finally goes through a rework a year or so from now. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

Agreed. Devil's advocate a little though, in QM at least you may be queuing up to play twin blades or colossus smash. Since the point of QM is to be able to be sure you can play the exact hero you want in the spec you want (regardless of if your team is equipped to support that) I don't know how they can fix Varian's classification. Maybe make you lock into if you're going to play damage or tank Varian before a match starts?

Set it up like Nazeebo and his Superstition talent in Mage Wars; if Varian queues for QM and there are no warriors on the enemy team, then he can't choose Taunt at all for that match.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

It's also why you could get a lot of the Collection portraits before you were supposed to because the move to 2.0 increased the Hero levels before factoring in the new requirements.

Oh, that explains why I have the portrait for getting both Stitches and Sylvanas to 15 despite Sylvanas only being 13; Stitches was at 10 and Sylvanas was at 9 before the roll over.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

All other considerations aside, I love that Malthael has a talent called "Throwing Shade." :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Semper Fudge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMcd8QEPzUY

In Dev, love that they've gone full Overwatch with fun holiday/season themed sprays.

SIR MURKALOT SKIN, gently caress YEAH!

Also I like all the other stuff they showed, but SIR MURKALOT SKIN, gently caress YEAH!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

What are people's thoughts on Malf's new "Enemy Heroes caught in your Entangling Roots take 30% less healing while Rooted" talent?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Why can't Probius summon a Gateway that spawns Zealots

Because right before the release of the Starcraft builder unit hero they suddenly decided there were too many heroes that summon poo poo and they summon too much poo poo, so they're cutting back on the amount of poo poo future summoning heroes can summon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah Crossfade should have been his d

Man what even is his official passive?

The wall riding thing that also lets him pass through enemy units.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Spudd posted:

Not only is Alarak amazing he's voice by John de Lancie who played Q in the Next Generation (I don't know if he was in other star treks???)

He played Q again in one episode of Deep Space Nine, and three episodes of Voyager.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Which version of Azmodunk should I craft?

All of them. And the matching banner mounts.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

p-hop posted:

NO YOU IDIOT!! THE NBA JAM ON FIRE SNEAKERS ARE THE BEST MOUNT IN THE GAME AND THEY'RE FREE WITH AZMODUNK SKIN!!!!

gently caress YOU I'M GONNA COLOR COORDINATE MY HEROES AND THEIR MOUNTS AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

CDW posted:

Posting here to bitch that I was getting sperged at by someone on my team on Hanamura for "not coming down to team fight" when I was soloing a top fort kill on Sonya. Also, we hit 10 first because I was doing that.

How is that not seen as a good thing?

Spoiler: we ended up losing that game.

We have a dedicated thread for bitching about the game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I thought they were doing special event chests?

The way I look at it, either the summer stuff still has a chance to drop out of the normal boxes, in which case saving them was justified, or it doesn't, in which case I just get my shards from all the dupes I'm bound to get now as opposed to over the last few weeks, and then I can just spend those shards on the summer stuff that I really want.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAolE6W_l9I

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, I'm gonna guess Stukov, too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Spudd posted:

It's either that or pay attention to life and that poo poo sucks more than blizzards plots

Wisdom.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Any word on when they're supposed to talk about Russian Space Bug Man during HGC today?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pro-click.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Gustav posted:

I imagine getting a really good shove ult will usually do more harm than good. Shoving someone across the map is a reeeeeally long self-stun.

Yes but he also get 50 Armor, which means he's going to only take half damage from everyone suddenly focusing him while he's channeling it. So you're probably a bit less likely to get blown up like a Mind Control Sylvanas. Especially if there's another support or a Medivh on your team to help you weather being focused.

Pi In The Sky posted:

I feel like it would be a terrible missed opportunity if they never gave Stukov a robot skin.

Pak chooie unf.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Stukov: A cyborg... you must come from a time before Project: Purification. How very interesting...
Genji: Do not let anger blind you. In my heart, I am as human as you are.

Uh... Genji? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I would unironically spend my blizztriangles on a Blackheart announcer so make it happen Blizzard, take all my fake money.

:same: