Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Bells of War: A Let Thrones Beware Playtest

Introduction
Given the paucity of Man's presence in the Deep Wood, it was only natural that cataclysm which was his undoing sent the peoples of Ceyenus hurrying for shelter under its foreboding canopy. Though it was the Fey who Man first ripped from forests centuries ago, the flood of refugees encompassed all those who were close enough to reach the massive trunks of the Wood before the lands of Man were completely consumed by the conflagration that brought low his kingdom. Insectoid, Formian, Ipotane, and Fey, all released from the domineering hand of Man, found themselves alone in an isolated and primeval land. While freed, their civilizations and cultures had been lain to waste, and all found themselves facing the daunting prospect of forging a new destiny in a strange and unfamiliar place.

Spirits buoyed by their freedom, the refugees set about claiming the Deep Wood. Sprawling settlements were established, open to all those that desired to make a home for themselves. It was not an easy life; food, tools, and comfort were in short supply, but compared to the atrocities that came before, it was good living. Sadly, hope of a tranquil existence was short-lived. While there was little internecine violence between the refugees, they soon discovered that Man had avoided the Wood with good reason. The Deep Wood, remote and isolated, had never been cultivated by the Fey, and in their absence, darker, more insidious forces had taken hold. The presence which lurked behind the trees fed off the Cataclysm, and its hunger was to be insatiable.

Absent the threat of Man, the refugees had given scant thought to protection, and the communities which they had founded were largely indefensible. When the Deep Wood first was inundated by fog, they thought little of it, even when the concealing vapour lingered, refusing to dissipate for weeks at a time. Wild animals were blamed for the first disappearances, as was getting lost in the mist, but as the vanishings increased in both number and frequency, it became clear that something more insidious was at work.

The first walls were erected shortly after the fifteenth year, a too-late response to the realization of the true threat. In what is known as the First Reaping, Watcher’s Redoubt, a 300-person farming community saw its population cut by a third in a single night. Thatched roofs staved in and doors shattered, the town saw its populace reduced by a third in a single night of carnage and bloodshed. It was only then that the true nature of the Deep Wood was realized. With haste, the survivors constructed rudimentary defences; wooden palisades, shallow trenches, and rickety towers went up across the hamlets and villages of the Deep Wood.

In time, a connection was made between the attacks and the thick, rolling fog that blanketed the forest; when the fog receded, so too did the savage slaughter of anyone who dared venture into the trees abate. When the fog poured back from between the trees, it meant almost certain doom for anyone unlucky enough to remain outside the relative safety of the refuge villages. The times without fog, the longest of which occurred like clockwork at the end of each season, came to be known as the Passage. During these respites, merchants and peddlers took to plying their trade between the refuge villages, performing a vital service at tremendous personal risk. As years churned by, trade between the villages increased, and the Passage gradually took on shades of ritual. The scourge of bandits has grown in recent years, and merchants have begun to band together in caravans for safety.

Chapter One: Comin' to a fork in the road, which way to go?

It has been three and a half days since your caravan departed from the Gate of Thorns at the behest of the Baronet. Three and a half long, stressful days. The reason for the caravan's departure before the Passage is known only to Xcvrrvy, captain of the guard. Rumour and speculation abounds; guards and peddlers alike whisper that the Baronet has entrusted Xcvrrvy with a secret treasure, but no-one can guess at why it is being brought to the small village of Chael Hollow.

Twilight has fallen and with it, the beginning of the Passage. Moods amongst your fellows have lightened considerably, especially as only five of their number vanished during the journey. The caravan has stopped for the evening, and camp has slowly been established. The two wagons have been parked at an angle, providing a rickety line of defence that shields the tents pitched between them. A crescent of torches casts a dim light to the treeline, giving those who nervously watch the shadows some degree of comfort. Xcvrrvy has taken four soldiers out on patrol. With her gone, the camp has relaxed.

You lucky few have been exempted from the night's guard rotation, and are free to spend the evening as you please.

Fire up a post with your character sheet and a brief introduction. When the last of you has posted, it's time for bed, and we'll get this show on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Reserved for errata

Influences
04-30-17 - Research - +1 Force Score - Swap one die with the GM in a non-combat challenge.

Combat Powers
05-30-17 - Effect fires automatically on successful engagement; secondary comparison not required.

Rogue Class Feature
05-30-17 - When you have Edge while attacking an adversary using a light melee weapon, your attack gains the Penetration property (meaning that your foe cannot use Resistance to negate HP damage caused by this attack).

Game Discord | Recruit Thread | SA Game Thread

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 30, 2017

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Autumn Somerset

Sitting stone-faced at the edge of the encampment, away from the rest of the group, Autumn watched the light dance off of the torches.
She had seen some (proverbial) poo poo; while her hands whittled down a thin dowel with a sharp knife, her mind was elsewhere -- but her weapons were always close by. Autumn favored her bow, but was also skilled with lighter blades.

A prickly sort, she was nonetheless dependable when it came to defending a caravan. What started as a one-off gig had become a vocation; she had gained some wealth (more than she had known before) and learned the merchant trade in the process, but she never thought of herself as a "salesman," per se. People had need of goods, business is business; for her it was more a means to an end, rather than a "calling" or anything of the sort.

What is there to eat? The thought crept into her head, though she knew it was unlikely she could eat, anyway...

-------

pre:
Autumn Somerset
Fey Merchant Rogue (Trapper) Adventurer

Attributes
Str:    0  Frt: 1  Prs: 1
Rsp:    4  Wit: 0
Speed:  6

Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          9/9
Initiative   2d6 + 4                          Resistance  1/1
Saving Throw 2d6 + 0 (hard) / 2d6 + 4 (easy)  Reserve     7/7
Refresh Pool 0

Virtues and Flaws
Virtues: Protector of the Downtrodden, Determined & Professional, Humble
Flaws: Cold & Brooding, Short Fuse, Suspicious

Virtue Track [_][_][_]
Flaw Track   [_][_][_]

Species/Background/Class Features
Penetration when you attack with Advantage + Light Melee Weapon

Influences: Contact 1 Inventory 3 Research 0

Weapon
Name                Type                Dmg Rch Rng    E
Light Missile Weapon 	| One-handed, Ranged | 5 | 1 | 1    (*)
Light Melee Weapon	| One-handed, Melee  | 1 | 1 | 0    (*)
>Competency: Nimble and Quick
(entering threatened range does not provoke engagement)
(No reprisal if you haven't attacked an adjacent adversary)

Armour
Name          Resp Res     E
Light Armour | 0  | 1     (*)

Skill Equipment
Name                Type       Circumstances  Pot   E
Prodigious Research | Knowledge | Deep Wood        | 1   (*)

Combat Powers
Name                      Range       Force     Dmg  	Eff 	Bonus     	                             	          U
(a) Jarring Hook	| Ranged	| R + 1	| 1W	| (move target 2 spaces)				[_]
(c) Rogue Fcounter2	| Melee	| R + 2	| 1W	| Pr    (move 2 space after engagement without reprisal)		[U]
(c) Rogue Tcounter1	| M/R	| R + 3	| 1W	| Frt (after engagement, make RBA as free action)		[_]
(a) Devious Snare	| Ranged Z1	| R + 1	| 1W + 1 	| Str  (Knockback 1 + prone, hard save)			[_]
(free) Leaf's Whisper	| Ranged 5	| -	   | - 	 | (imposes Surprised on one adversary, start of encounter)	[_]
(c) Trading Fortune	| Melee	| Any + 3   | 1W 	| (move 1 square after attacking, without reprisal)		[_]
(a/c/i) [Basic CM]	| Melee	| Any + 0   | 1W 	| [Renew]						[U]

Non-Combat Powers
Name                        Force     Dmg Bonus                                                  	    U
(c) Always Have a Contingency	| Any + 3 | 1S | (If being assisted by an ally, you have an Edge)	[_]
(a) Trading Fortune		| Any + 1 | 1S (spending 2 Inventory grants ally +1 in same contest)	[_]
(c) A Wise Investment		| Any + 3 | 1S (trade 2 Inventory Influence for 1 Contact Influence)	[_]
(a/c/i) [Tenacious]		| Any + 0 | 1S  [Renew]					[_]

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 17, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Name: Hearth Stonewall

As night begins to settle, and others take up watch, Hearth finds a place not far from the fire to settle his feet into the earth. His feet reach deep and begin to take in nutrients. While he does so he looks over the others nearby, and dwells on what has led him here. Only five were lost so far on this journey. Only five? Even a single loss was too many. But these woods are dangerous. It is why he is here.

Like many of his kind Hearth has a large family. Many children, and many more grandchildren. Keeping Chael Hollow safe was enough for some time. But there is a limit to how safe they can be with those actions. Going into the woods, and making them safer would go much further into ensuring their safety. And so this caravan is the perfect opportunity to make the woods a bit safer.

Hearth Stonewall''s Character Sheet

pre:
[Hearth Stonewall]
[Formian][Stalwart Guard][Knight (Blocker)] [Adventurer]

Attributes
Speed:  5
Roll Bonus:  2

Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          12/12
Initiative   2d6 - 1                          Resistance  3/3
Saving Throw 2d6 + 0 (hard) / 2d6 + 3 (easy)  Reserve     9/9
Refresh Pool 0

Virtues and Flaws
Virtues Protective,Kind,Charitable 
Flaws Slow of Thought, Slow of Action, Overconfident
Virtue Track [_][_][_]
Flaw Track [_][_][_]

> All actions taken by the Knight have the Bodyguard property.

Influences
Contact 2 Inventory 1 Research  1

Weapon
Light Melee Weapon, Damage 1  Reach 1  Range 0   (*equipped*)
Shield (Resist 1),  Damage 1  Reach 1  Range 0   (*equipped*)
> Shieldwall - Roll a second Tier Die.  May use this result when employing a Counter or Interrupt
power with a shield, but if I do, my action deals 0 damage.

Armour
Heavy Armor, Response -1  Resistance 2 (*equipped*)

Skill Equipment
Name,  Type XX Circumstance YY Skill Potency ZZ   (equipped)
Reputation Precedes Me, Type Social  Circumstance Refuge Villages Skill Potency 1S   (*equipped*)

Combat Powers
Attacks
Basic Combat Manoeuver - Melee/Ranged (Versatile) - Force Score [FS + 0] Damage 1W [used]
Stone Song - Gout 2 - Damage 0 - Effect may treat difficult terrain as normal terrain.
A Right Cudgelling - Melee - Force Score [FS + 1] Damage 1W - Target is stunned until the 
end of its next turn
Armoured Challenge - Melee - Force Score [FS + 1] Damage 2W - Effect: My foe cannot use a move action  
until the end of its next turn.
Righteous Saviour - Melee - Force Score [S + 1] Damage 2W - Effect: Immediate:  if I have an 
unspent action this turn, I may use it to move up to my speed before engaging my target, so long
as that target has engaged with one of my allies this turn.  If this attack is successful my 
target is stunned. 
Counter
Barrier of Steel - Melee - Force Score [FS + 3] Damage 2W - Effect : If used in response to an  
area of effect attack, all spaces behind me are unaffected by that power.
Interrupt
Overwhelming Gauntlet - Melee - Force Score [FS + 2] Damage 2W - Effect: Adversary is 
knocked prone 

Non-Combat Powers
Tenacious - (Versatile) - Force Score [FS + 0] Damage 1S [used]
Good Cop, Bad Cop - Force Score [FS + 1] Skill Potency 1S - An ally assisting me provides 
a +2 bonus rather than +1
The Guard is Never Wrong - Force Score [FS + 2] - Skill Potency 1S - GM draws two more 
Obstacles.  Look at all three, pick one to discard.  Gm may use either of the other two.
Knight's Pride - Force Score [FS + 1] - Skill Potency 1S - If this skill contest is Physical, I
have an Edge.
---------------------------

Combat Block

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 11, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Name: Endral Goldshadow

Endral sits near the warming fire, casting the occasional glance at his stony companion. He's surrounded by the sounds and activity of a camp being made, but knows that none consider him part. Xcvrrvy looked calm enough when she led her patrol out, but there was a nervousness to her gait that gave Endral pause. Perhaps he should have offered her a blessing before she left.

How many caravans, how many frightened patrollers, how many desperate merchants have been lost on this road? Embarking before the Passage was madness, but the plans of royalty so often are. With luck, Endral would not encounter another of his kind, and be spared the sickening twist in his gut that such a meeting always caused.

pre:
Endral Goldshadow
Echthroi Criminal Oracle (Buff) Adventurer

Attributes
Str:    0  Frt: 1  Prs: 4
Rsp:    1  Wit: 0

Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          10/10
Initiative   2d6 + 1                          Resistance  2/2
Saving Throw 2d6 + 0 (hard) / 2d6 + 4 (easy)  Reserve     8/8
Refresh Pool 0

Virtues and Flaws
Virtues: Always a fair deal, Never leave a man behind, Tithing
Flaws: Acquisitive, Quick to judge, Sucker for a pretty face

Virtue Track [_][_][_]
Flaw Track   [_][_][_]

When using an Oracle Power, adjacent non-dying ally can move 1 per tier from Rsv to HP

Influences: Contact 1 Inventory 2 Research 1

Weapon
Light Melee Weapon | One-handed, Melee | 1 | 1 | 0    (*)
Shield (resist 1)  | One-handed, Melee | 1 | 1 | 0    (*)

Armour

This is Pretty Light: Once per round, while engaged with an enemy you may change your position to
                      another free space adjacent to that enemy as a free action.

Skill Equipment
Name                Type       Circumstances  Pot   E
Grit and Toughness | Physical | Slums        | 1   (*)

Combat Powers
Name                      Range       Force     Dmg  Eff Bonus                                            U
Shadows Take You         | Z1 R5                         (teleport enemy I struck to shadow zone)        [_]
False Step               | Melee     | Any + 2 | 1W      (move enemy 1sq before attacking. no reprisal)  [_]
Draw the Line Here       | Melee, Z2 | P + 1   | 1W | St (ally moving to adv gains +2 spd on next move   [_]
Drive Them Before Us (C) | Melee, Z5 | P + 3   | 1W | W  (1 ally gains Knockback 1 on next Combat Power) [_]
Oracle BInterrupt 1 (I)  | Melee, Z3 | P + 2   | 1W | F  (if win eng., ally in Z gains Edge)             [_]
By My Example            | Melee     | P + 1   | 1W | F  (1 ally gains Adv. on next turn)                [_]

Non-Combat Powers
Name                        Force     Dmg Bonus                                                      U
When a Plan Comes Together | Any + 0 | 1S (if force score is even, don't discard R/I used to boost) [_]
Preparation Pays           | Any + 2 | 1S (can spend R/I of ally as if my own)                      [_]
The Mob Listens            | Any + 2 | 1S (if skill contest is social, have Edge)                   [_]

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

The evening passes without event, and gradually the camp quiets for the night. You settle in, slowly drifting off to sleep. Unexpectedly, it is a deep and restful.

You dream. You dream of the great festival that marks the coming of the Summer Passage in the Gate of Thorns. Giant bonfires, pagentry, and the beautiful music of traveling bards, spinning such stories. You dream of the happy chatter of frolicking children, the hustle and bustle of the great open-air markets, the elated chatter of people as they trade with the peddlers before the caravans depart with the dawn. You dream of the Baronet come down from his spire, a crazed rictus grin splayed across his lips.

You dream of screams.

You wake.

You wake to the boot of Xcvrrvy catching you in the stomach.

"Get up, wake up!" Her frenetic voices booms in your head, blasting you from your slumber. All around you, the forest is aflame. The camp is in chaos, and the sound of a struggle most fierce echoes from the tree-line.

"You three. Bandits upon us. Many of us slain." Pointing to a huddle of cowering peddlers, she commands, "Get these to Chael Hollow." There is no room, nor time, for debate. Xcvrrvy turns from you, her sword glinting in the firelight, and charges back into the fray. Her sacrifice buys you precious moments.

You gather your possessions and the three of you plunge into the trees, pushing the four peddlers to move quickly, desperately seeking to escape the slaughter.

We begin the playtest with a group non-combat challenge. You must navigate safely to Chael Hollow, you must keep the peddlers motivated and with you, and you must keep ahead of the bandits, who will surely pursue you once they have finished with your camp.

As you are reacting to a situation rather than proactively taking action, the GM takes the first move. All three are Easy challenges, which means that you have two rounds in which to reduce the challenge from 1 health to 0.

• Navigate the forest (Knowledge). Health: 1. Duration: 2.
  • Motivate the peddlers (Social). Health: 1. Duration: 2.
  • Keep ahead of the bandits (Physical). Health: 1. Duration: 2.

The Challenge Type (knowledge, social, physical) stipulates which attributes you may use in this challenge (knowledge - wit, social - presence, physical - strength/fortitude/response). You may decide amongst yourselves who attemps to overcome each obstacle, or you can just claim one as you come online and see this message.

When you're ready, find me on Discord and we'll play through a round, and then you can post the results here.

P.S. I've made an errata update concerning Research Influences - Change here

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset

Wasting no time, Autumn took to the driver's seat of one of the wagons; she had driven one for a while after her years of hermitage, and was occasionally required to take the reins in emergency situations along the convoy routs. She would be best suited to the task of hurriedly steering through the woods.

The brambles thrash and harry the group as they travel, but it appears Autumn may have gotten the last laugh.

pre:
Autumn selects the Navigate the forest (Knowledge) challenge -- DC13, as per the DM
Skill Power: Always Have a Contingency -- 2d6+3+Wit(0)
  -> gain Edge if assisted by an ally (Subjunctive offered an assist from Endral)
Counter[Always Have a Contingency]: 2d6+3[Edge] = 9 :flaccid:

Skill Attack[Trading Fortune]: 2d6+1 = 4 :flaccid:

Interrupt[Tenacious] vs. Counter DC6: 2d6+0 = 8 :owned:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endral Goldshadow

As she rose, Endral could feel the fear in the air. Merchants and their companions were milling uselessly, voices raised and heads lowered. Someone needed to get their heads straight before someone got their heads bloodied.

After pausing to help Autumn right the wagon, she tilted back her head and bellowed to the aspiring victims.

"Listen now, men of gold and barter! You can die here poor and wretched, or you can die rich and happy! Get aboard the wagon -- you can leave your goods, or you can leave your hides!"

pre:
Round 1: spent assisting Autumn

Round 2: Endral chooses When a Plan Comes Together for the social challenge

2d6 + Presence (4) = 12 vs DM's challenge roll of 2d6 + 3 = 8

Non-Combat Powers
Name                        Force     Dmg Bonus                                                      U
When a Plan Comes Together | Any + 0 | 1S (if force score is even, don't discard R/I used to boost) [*]
Preparation Pays (C)       | Any + 2 | 1S (can spend R/I of ally as if my own)                      [_]
The Mob Listens (C)        | Any + 2 | 1S (if skill contest is social, have Edge)                   [_]

:toot:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

Hearth keeps an eye out for trees, rocks, and any obstacles the group may come across in their flight. Smacking tree branches out of the way, pushing off against trees and boulders to keep the cart from slamming into anything that could slow, or worse yet stop, their rushing progress. When truly impassable obstacles appear he reaches over and slams the ground causing the topography to briefly rearrange itself, just long enough to pass.

pre:
Hearth selects Keep ahead of the bandits (Physical) challenge -- DC??
Skill Power: Tenacious -- 2d6+0+Any(STR)(3)
Counter[Tenacious]: 2d6+3 = 13, a success per the DM.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 2, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Challenge Breakdown:

Round One:

In the first round, the PCs are reacting to a situation, meaning that they respond to GM-placed Obstacles.

In the first round, Autumn tackled the Knowledge Obstacle that loomed large with a total Force Score of 13 (2d6+2).

She attempted to counter with a Always Have a Contingency, a Skill Counter power, but even with an assist from Endral, only managed a total Force Score of 8 (2d6+3)

Endral took on the Presence Obstacle, but opted to spend the first round helping Autumn.

Hearth confronted the Physical Obstacle, which opened the engagement with a hefty Force Score of 11 (2d6+2). He countered with the Tenacious versatile power, racking up a meaty Force Score of 13 (2d6+3), a higher score than any of the follow-up wrinkles could match.

== Round summary ==
Knowledge Challenge - Full Health
Presence Challenge - Full Health - skipped
Presence Challenge - 0 Health - Challenge Defeated

Round Two:

In the second round, the roles are reversed - the PCs open with Skill Attack powers, and the GM responds.

Autumn begins with Trading Fortune, and musters a Force Score of 4 (2d6+1). This is sadly bested by a Force Score of 6 (2d6+1) on the GM's side, and she does not have a Skill Interrupt that would pull her score above that 8.

Endral, using her turn to resolve her own challenge this time, makes use of her When A Plan Comes Together Skill Attack, managing a solid 12 (2d6+4). The challenge can muster a measly Force Score of 8 (2d6+3), and Endral Triumphs.

== Round summary ==
Knowledge Challenge - Full Health

You have successfully completed the group challenge, albeit at a cost. Autumn suffers one point of Reserve damage, and only three of the four peddlers survive the journey.
Successfully overcoming two of three challenges means a partial victory for our heroes, and they press on.

The next scenario will be posted tomorrow, as I'm battling a wicked cold.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The peddlers are eager to escape, and under Endral's exhortions, quickly board the wagon. They hunker down, willing the flimsy wooden siding of the cargo box to protect them from the bandits that press over closer. As the last of them boards, Autumn cracks a whip, and the wagon jolts forward, eliciting shouts from the brigands as they notice. Several rush to stop you, but Xcvrrvy appears from within the melee, interposing herself to buy you the valuable seconds you need to make good on your escape.

Your flight is a punishing one. The wagon careens through the forest as the horses drive forward, undergrowth crackling under hooves and heavy wheels. Several times you worry that you will be overtaken, but each time, Hearth's skillful manipulation of the terrain buys just enough time to elude pursuit. The only true setback occurs when the wagon rushes too quickly under a low-hanging tree. A branch crashes against the wagon box, knocking one of the peddlers over the side and slightly injuring Autumn.

At last, the horses tire and the wagon slows. Your pursuers have been eluded.

Ahead, between you and Chael Hollow in the distance, you can see the smouldering remains of a campfire. Instructing the peddlers to stay with the wagon, you creep forward to investigate.

Too late, you realize that you have stumbled across the a patrol of brigands.

You have entered combat with a bandit patrol. Neither party is surprised.

The three of you are alone; you may place yourselves in the box bounded by spaces A5:C12.

Map Features*:

Terrain:
The rock formations provide cover and block line of site to those behind them

Hazards:
The bushes (e.g. squares such as H1) are razorgrass. This is difficult terrain which halves movement speed. You may elect to move at full speed, but will suffer one damage for your troubles.

Roll for Initiative!

orokos posted:

http://orokos.com/roll/514776
Initiative: Minion, Mauraders, Knife, Sargent
Results 2d6+0: 7 [2d6=3, 4]
2d6+2: 11 [2d6=5, 4]
2d6+0: 5 [2d6=4, 1]
2d6+4: 13 [2d6=4, 5]

Initiative order

Bandit Sargent

Bandit Maurader x2

Bandit Hatchet x2

Bandit Knife

* Rules for cover and difficult terrain are on page 18 of the GM guide

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 9, 2017

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset

Initiative 2d6+4 = 9

(at least I beat some of them) :v:
I probably want to start in like C11, or if that's not allowed, then B11

e:
Force Score: 2d6 = 12 :owned:

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 9, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endral Goldshadow

Initiative: 2d6+1 7

I'd like to start E11, or failing that A12.

A12 should work, now that I read the post more carefully.

E: Base Force score: 2d6 10

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 8, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

Initiative 2d6-1 6

I'll start in C10

Tier Die for base Force Score 2d6 5

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 15, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Upon seeing your group, a large Brigand Sargent, obviously in charge of the group, takes off with a shout, rushing away from you. His cry alerts two burly ruffians, who lope toward you, weapons drawn and sneers plastered across their faces. It's obvious that they don't hold the three of you in high esteem, thinking you easy marks.

Combat Block posted:

:o:Sargent
Init: 13
FS: 7
Position: V5 - off board (*)
Actions: Move, Pass

:o:Marauder A
Init: 11
FS: 10
Position: F5

:o:Marauder B
Position: F8

:hist101: Autumn Somerset
Init: 9
FS: 12

Endral Goldshadow
Init: 7

Hatchet A
Hatchet B

Hearth Stonewall
Init: 6
FS: 5
Knife
Init: 5

Orokos posted:

Combat 001 - Round 1 - Adversary Force Scores: Sargent; Maurader; Hatchet; Knife
Results 2d6: 7 [2d6=1, 6]
2d6: 10 [2d6=5, 5]
2d6: 10 [2d6=4, 6]
2d6: 10 [2d6=6, 4]

Slap Me and Kiss Me's Guide to the Denizens of the Deep Wood: The Brigand

Brigand
Few in the Deep Wood are more reviled than Brigands. Their predatory raids upon travelers hurrying between refuge villages during the Passage mean that only those rich enough to hire protection are assured of a safe journey.
Brigand activity disrupts trade, depriving the denizens of the Deep Wood of badly needed tools and medicines, inflicting an artificial scarcity upon already deprived peoples. Though there are many bands active within the Deep Wood, they are generally unaffiliated, and fierce fighting is the typical outcome when two groups encounter each other on the gloomy paths.

Habitat
At the time of the Passage, Brigands depart from their unassuming lives in the refuge villages and make their way into the Deep Wood. There, far from the homes where they would be recognized, they reunite with their vicious comrades-in-arms and wage a terrible war upon the travelers who brave the forest. As the Passage draws to a close, Brigand groups dissolve, members heading home to enjoy ill-gotten gains and sell the spoils at exorbitant prices.

Tactic (All Brigands): Strike and Fade

Strategy (When Brigand is the most numerous adversary type): Encirclement

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset

Scampering quickly out from behind the cover of the rocky corner, Autumn instead took cover beside the rocky humanoid from their party.
Loosing an arrow at one of the dubious-looking fellows blocking the path, the missile sent him reeling and staggering across the path.

Moving to B9

Jarring Hook at Marauder(A), Force+5 = 17 (succeeds) for 1 damage, and move the target 2 squares (to G7)

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 10, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endral Goldshadow

Endral startles at the sight of the brigands, but grits her teeth and meets the advancing assailant. Her blow is turned aside by the marauder's Brutal Slash. Her quick interrupt lands its own sting, while the marauder's weapon glances off her shield.

Move to F9

By My Example at Marauder (B), Force + 5 = 15 (succeeds) for 1 damage. Hearth gets Advantage on next turn.
Marauder (B) counters with Brutal Slash, Force + 6 = 16 (succeeds). By My Example is negated.
Endral interrupt with BInterrupt 1, Force + P + 2 = 16 (ties). Marauder (B) takes 1 damage. Endral takes 1 - resist(1) = no damage, reducing resist by one. Hearth gains Edge.
pre:
Essentials
Initiative   2d6 + 1                          Resistance  0/1
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Name                      Range       Force     Dmg  Eff Bonus                                            U
Shadows Take You         | Z1 R5                         (teleport enemy I struck to shadow zone)        [_]
False Step               | Melee     | Any + 2 | 1W      (move enemy 1sq before attacking. no reprisal)  [_]
Draw the Line Here       | Melee, Z2 | P + 1   | 1W | St (ally moving to adv gains +2 spd on next move)  [_]
Drive Them Before Us (C) | Melee, Z5 | P + 3   | 1W | W  (1 ally gains Knockback 1 on next Combat Power) [_]
Oracle BInterrupt 1 (I)  | Melee, Z3 | P + 2   | 1W | F  (if win eng., ally in Z gains Edge)             [X]
By My Example            | Melee     | P + 1   | 1W | F  (1 ally gains Adv. on next turn)                [X]

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 15, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Shrieking cries echo through the rocky path as the two Brigand Hatchets make their move. One charges directly toward Endral, blade at the ready, while the other charges through the rocks, emerging from the south.

Hatchet (B) attacks with Endral with a Tentative Strike, Force + 0 = 10 (succeeds).
Endral counters with Drive Them Before Us, Force + P + 3 = 17 (succeeds). Hatchet (B) takes 1 damage and dies pathetically. Endral grants Knockback 1 to one ally's next engagement.

Hatchet B:
Action One: Position: L2 - G8
Action Two: Engage Endral

Hatchet A:
Action One: Position: K8 - L13
Action Two: Position L13 - F11

Combat Block posted:

:o:Autumn Somerset

:o:Endral Goldshadow

:o:Hatchet A
Position: F11

:ghost:Hatchet B

:hist101: Hearth Stonewall

Knife

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 16, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

Hearth moves up to the Marauders but bides his time for now.

Move to E9
Nothing but providing a possible flanking buddy

pre:
Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          15/15
Saving Throw 2d6 + 0 (hard) / 2d6 + 3 (easy)  Reserve     12/12
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Stone Song               | G2                   0        (may treat difficult terrain as normal)        [_]
Attack
A Right Cudgeling        | Melee     | Any + 1 | 1W      (target is stunned until the end of its next turn)  [_]
Armoured Challenge       | Melee     | S + 1   | 2W | W (foe cannot use move until end of its next turn)  [_]
Knight BAttack 2         | Melee     | S + 1   | 2W | P  (Immediate, may spend move to target if engaged with ally,
                                                      target is stunned if attack is successful)             [_]
Counter
Barrier of Steel         | Melee     | S + 3   | 2W | W  (if used in response to AoE, all behind me are unaffected) [_]
Interrupt
Knight BInterrupt 2      | Melee     | S + 2   | 2W | P  (Adversary is knocked prone)                [_]

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 17, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

From back by the campfire, a swift figure emerges, rushing toward you. The Knife stops short and hurls a wicked looking blade towards Autumn. The Hurtling Blade, Force + 3 = 13.
Nimbly dodging the hurled blade, Autumn lunges in with her rapier drawn. Using a basic combat maneuver, Force Score: 12 + 4 + 0 = 16. (Succeeds)

Because Autumn was being attacked at range and countered with a melee power, she inflicts no damage

Knife:
Action One: Position: N2 - J5
Action Two: Engage Autumn

Combat Block posted:

:o:Hatchet A
Position: F11

:o:Hearth Stonewall

:o:Knife

A New Round Begins

It's time for beginning of round housekeeping!

Each player now rolls for a new Force Score, replacing their roll from last round.

Orokos posted:

http://orokos.com/roll/517066
Description Combat 001 - Round 2 - Adversary Force Scores: Sargent; Maurader; Hatchet; Knife
Results 2d6: 5 [2d6=4, 1]
2d6: 4 [2d6=1, 3]
2d6: 4 [2d6=1, 3]
2d6: 12 [2d6=6, 6]

Once that's done, we have to handle power management.

At the start of this combat round, all of you (but Hearth) find yourselves with a bunch of exhausted powers. These used powers can't be used until they're refreshed.

At the beginning of a round, you randomly refresh one used power.

PLUS, any exhausted power with the renew keyword is automatically restored (that's the Basic Combat Maneuver).

To manage this effectively, when you post your new Force Score, also include the die roll for refreshing an exhausted power.

Autumn
1. Jarring Hook
-. Basic Combat Maneuver (autorefresh)
-----------------------
Jarring Hook refreshes at it is the only exhausted power

Endral
1. By My Advantage
2. BInteruppt 1
3. Drive Them Before Us
-. Basic Combat Maneuver (autorefresh)
-----------------------
Use a d3 to determine which power is refreshed

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 18, 2017

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset

Round 2: Force Score: 2d6 (3+5) = 8

-------

pre:
Autumn Somerset

Attributes

Essentials
Refresh Pool 0

Weapon

Armour

Combat Powers
Name                      Range       Force     Dmg  	Eff 	Bonus     	                             	          U
(c) Rogue Fcounter2	| Melee	| R + 2	| 1W	| Pr    (move 2 space after engagement without reprisal)		[_]
(c) Rogue Tcounter1	| M/R	| R + 3	| 1W	| Frt (after engagement, make RBA as free action)		[_]
(a) Devious Snare	| Ranged Z1	| R + 1	| 1W + 1 	| Str  (Knockback 1 + prone, hard save)			[_]
(free) Leaf's Whisper	| Ranged 5	| -	   | - 	 | (imposes Surprised on one adversary, start of encounter)	[_]
(c) Trading Fortune	| Melee	| Any + 3   | 1W 	| (move 1 square after attacking, without reprisal)		[_]
(a/c/i) [Basic CM]	| Melee	| Any + 0   | 1W 	| [Renew]						[_]

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 17, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

New Force is ... 5. Again.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 17, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Endral rolls a Force Score of 9, and rolls a 2 to refresh BInterrupt 1

Round Two Begins!

The Marauders grin evil grins, and put their knowledge of brutal violence to use, slide around Endral. Approaching from the sides serves to distract their prey.

Marauder B goes first. Moving to E9.

Marauder A is Flanking! Marauder A gains an Edge! Force Score increases from 4 (1,3) to 6 (2,4)!
Marauder B is Flanking! Marauder A gains an Edge! Force Score increases from 4 (1,3) to 6 (2,4)!

Marauder B attacks Endral with Forceful Blow. Force Score 6 + 4 = 10. (waiting)

Combat Block posted:

Actions: Pass, Pass

:hist101:Marauder A
FS: 46
Actions:

:hist101:Marauder B
FS: 46
Actions: Move (E9), Engage

Autumn Somerset
FS: 8

Endral Goldshadow
FS: 9

Hatchet A
FS: 4
Actions: ?

Hearth Stonewall

Knife

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 19, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Previously, on Bells of War...

Marauder B attacks Endral with Forceful Blow. Force Score 6 + 4 = 10.
Endral does not counter, and suffers 1 point of damage.

Marauder B employs the Brigand Tactic: Strike and Fade!

slap me and kiss me's guide to Brigands posted:

Tactic (All Brigands): Strike and Fade
Move after successful engagement.

Marauder B moves to D9. This triggers a Reprisal from Endral, and the Marauder suffers 1 damage.

Marauder A is no longer Flanking. Marauder A loses Edge and has a new Force Score of 4.
Marauder A attacks Endral with Cutting Spike. Force Score 4 + 2 = 6.
Endral counters with Basic Combat Maneouver. Force Score 9 + 4 + 0 = 13. (success!) Marauder A takes 1 damage.

Marauder A glances at his wound, and snarling, redoubles the attack!
Marauder A attacks Endral with Forceful Blow. Force Score 4 + 4 = 8. (Success!) Endral suffers 1 damage.

Marauder A uses Strike and Fade to move to C8. This triggers a Reprisal from Endral, and the Marauder suffers 1 damage.

Combat Block posted:

Actions: Engage (Endral), Engage (Endral), Tactic: Move C8

Actions: Move (E9), Engage (Endral), Tactic: Move D9

:hist101:Autumn Somerset

Endral Goldshadow

Hatchet A

Hearth Stonewall

Knife

Autumn is up!

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 19, 2017

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Round 2: Force Score: 2d6 (3+5) = 8

Autumn Somerset

Seeing the marauding creeps try to get their filthy hands on her, Autumn does what comes instinctively: juke-jive away and fire a well-placed arrow.

"Hey, I've got boundaries, you know," she says as the shot finds purchase, staggering the poor bloke something awful.

P.d0t posted:

Move to C3 without Reprisal, because rogue :getout:
Attack: Devious Snare @ Marauder A (C8) = FS 13 vs. 4 (success) 1[w]+1 = 2 damage
Effect (STR): FS 9 vs. 4 (success) pushed the target to C9
Target's hard save vs. prone: 2d6+1 = 10 (saves)

-------

Combat Map:

pre:
Autumn Somerset

Attributes

Essentials
Refresh Pool 0

Weapon

Armour

Combat Powers
(c) Rogue Fcounter2	| Melee	| R + 2	| 1W	| Pr    (move 2 space after engagement without reprisal)		[_]
(a) Devious Snare	| Ranged Z1	| R + 1	| 1W + 1 	| Str  (Knockback 1 + prone, hard save)			[U]

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The Marauder lurches heavily, stumbling backward, but manages to keep his footing. He looks near death.

Endral is up!

Combat Block posted:

:hist101:Endral Goldshadow

Hatchet A

Hearth Stonewall

Knife

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endral (ed: finally) crowds up against Marauder B, distracting him from Hearth's attentions, and landing a solid blow of her own.

Move to E8. Draw the Line Here lands with a thud. One ally can get +2 speed next move to advance on a pitiful foe.

pre:
Essentials
Initiative   2d6 + 1                          Resistance  0/1
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Name                        Range       Force     Dmg  Eff Bonus                                            U
Basic Combat Manoeuver (CIR)| M/R (V)  | Any + 0 | 1W                                                      [X]
Shadows Take You           | Z1 R5                         (teleport enemy I struck to shadow zone)        [_]
False Step (I)             | Melee     | Any + 2 | 1W      (move enemy 1sq before attacking. no reprisal)  [_]
Draw the Line Here         | Melee, Z2 | P + 1   | 1W | S  (ally moving to adv gains +2 spd on next move   [X]
Drive Them Before Us (C)   | Melee, Z5 | P + 3   | 1W | W  (1 ally gains Knockback 1 on next Combat Power) [X]
Oracle BInterrupt 1 (I)    | Melee, Z3 | P + 2   | 1W | F  (if win eng., ally in Z gains Edge)             [_]
By My Example              | Melee     | P + 1   | 1W | F  (1 ally gains Adv. on next turn)                [X]

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

Hearth looks up as the Hatchet comes at him, sidesteps and slams a stony fist into the would be attacker stopping the attack cold.

Counter with Barrier of Steel F=5, S+3 total of 8 should beat the 6 the Hatchet has. For 2W damage?

pre:
Essentials
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Stone Song               | G2                   0        (may treat difficult terrain as normal)        [_]
Attack
A Right Cudgeling        | Melee     | Any + 1 | 1W      (target is stunned until the end of its next turn)  [_]
Armoured Challenge       | Melee     | S + 1   | 2W | W (foe cannot use move until end of its next turn)  [_]
Knight BAttack 2         | Melee     | S + 1   | 2W | P  (Immediate, may spend move to target if engaged with ally,
Counter
Barrier of Steel         | Melee     | S + 3   | 2W | W  (if used in response to AoE, all behind me are unaffected) [X]
Interrupt
Knight BInterrupt 2      | Melee     | S + 2   | 2W | P  (Adversary is knocked prone)                [_]

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hatchet (A) attacks with Hearth with a Tentative Strike, Force + 0 = 6.
Hearth counters with Barrier of Steel, having a Force Score of 5 + 3 = 8.

The Hatchet is incapable of defeating this counterattack, and takes 2 damage. He crumples to the forest floor, bleeding heavily.

Combat Block posted:

:ghost:Hatchet A
Actions: Move (D11), Engage (Hearth)

:hist101:Hearth Stonewall

Knife

Hearth is up!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

Hearth dusts his fists off after the last attack then goes about giving one of the nearby marauders a right cudgeling.

Attack with A Right Cudgeling against Marauder B F=5, Any(3)+1 total of 9, 10 with flanking should beat the 4 the Marauder has, unless they have a super powerful move. For 1W damage. And the target is stunned until the end of its next turn.

When it Counters I use Knight BInterrupt 2, which is S+2 and thus a grand total of 11, enough to break the tie. This one does 2W. Only 8 on the Force of the Effect so I assume it doesn't knock the Marauder prone.

pre:
Essentials
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Attack
A Right Cudgeling        | Melee     | Any + 1 | 1W      (target is stunned until the end of its next turn)  [X]
Counter
Barrier of Steel         | Melee     | S + 3   | 2W | W  (if used in response to AoE, all behind me are unaffected) [X]
Interrupt
Knight BInterrupt 2      | Melee     | S + 2   | 2W | P  (Adversary is knocked prone)                [X]

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 27, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The Knife, brandishes a brace on cruel-looking blades. She flings them toward Autumn, attacking with Hurtling Blade, Force + 3 = 15.
Autumn counters with Tcounter1, having a Force Score of 8 + 4 + 3 = 15.

As this is a tie, both combatants inflict damage and apply effects - Autumn's power allows her to make a free Basic Combat Maneuver, which she employs to attack Marauder A with a Force Score of 8 + 4 + 0 = 12.

The Marauder is unable muster a counter, to a score this high and suffers 1 point of damage.
Marauder A dies!

The Knife scowls at your success, withdrawing a canister from under the folds of her cloak. She lobs it toward Autumn, attacking with Burning Canister. Force Score 12 + 3 = 15.
Autumn doesn't counter, and suffers 1 damage.

Round Three Begins

Post your new force scores, (and don't forget to refresh BCM and one random power)

Description Combat 001 - Round 3 - Adversary Force Scores: Sargent; Marauder; Knife
Results 2d6: 6 [2d6=2, 4]
2d6: 10 [2d6=6, 4]
2d6: 10 [2d6=4, 6]
http://orokos.com/roll/520090

Combat Block posted:

:hist101:Sargent
FS: 6
Actions:

Marauder B
Actions:

Autumn Somerset
FS: ?

Endral Goldshadow

Hearth Stonewall

Knife
Actions:

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 27, 2017

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset

Refresh: Rogue Tcounter 1 or Devious Snare: 1d2 = 2 Devious Snare is refreshed

Round 3: Force Score: 2d6 (2+5) = 7

-------

pre:
Autumn Somerset

Attributes

Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          7/9
Refresh Pool 0

Weapon
Light Missile Weapon 	| One-handed, Ranged | 1 | 1 | 5    (*)

Armour

Combat Powers
(c) Rogue Tcounter1	| M/R	| R + 3	| 1W	| Frt (after engagement, make RBA as free action)		[X]

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 27, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

New Force Score is 5, after rerolling the 2. ... Yeah.

Refreshed Power is A Right Cudgeling.

pre:
Essentials
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Attack
Counter
Interrupt
Knight BInterrupt 2      | Melee     | S + 2   | 2W | P  (Adversary is knocked prone)                [X]

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endral Goldshadow

The battle well joined, Endral snarls as she prepares her attack...

Initiative: 2d6+1 9

Force Score: 2d6 9

refresh: 1d3 3 = By My Example

pre:
HP           10/10  Resistance  0/1
Refresh Pool 0      Reserve     8/8

Name                        Range       Force     Dmg  Eff Bonus                                            U
BCM (RV)                   | Melee     | Any + 0 | 1W |                                                    [_]
Shadows Take You (move)    | Z1 R5     |         |    |    (teleport enemy I struck to shadow zone)        [_]
False Step (I)             | Melee     | Any + 2 | 1W |    (move enemy 1sq before attacking. no reprisal)  [_]
Draw the Line Here         | Melee, Z2 | P + 1   | 1W | S  (ally moving to adv gains +2 spd on next move   [X]
Drive Them Before Us (C)   | Melee, Z5 | P + 3   | 1W | W  (1 ally gains Knockback 1 on next Combat Power) [X]
Oracle BInterrupt 1 (I)    | Melee, Z3 | P + 2   | 1W | F  (if win eng., ally in Z gains Edge)             [_]
By My Example              | Melee     | P + 1   | 1W | F  (1 ally gains Adv. on next turn)                [_]

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 27, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
You hear the snap and crack of dried branches behind the skirmish, and moments later the Sargent bursts from the brush.

slap me and kiss me's guide to brigands posted:

Strategy (All Brigands): Encirclement
In the Deep Wood, adversaries who move off of one side of the map may reappear on the opposite side after one round has elapsed.

Surveying the field of battle, he lets loose a war cry and rushes to engage!
The Sargent moves to F7.

Sargent attacks Endral with Probing Feint! Force Score 6 + 4 = 10.
Endral counters with Basic Combat Maneuver, Force Score 9 + 4 + 0 = 13.
The Sargent roars in anger, slamming his blade down in a Ruinous Smash, Force Score 6 + 7 = 13.

The Sargent takes 1 HP, Endral takes 2 HP.

Marauder B hauls himself off the ground.

Marauder B sensing an opportunity, attacks Endral with Forceful Blow, Force Score 10 + 4 = 14.
Endral eats the attack, suffering an additional 1HP.

Autumn is up!

Combat Block posted:

FS: 6
Actions: Strategy: Encirclement: Move U4-A8, Move F7, Engage (Endral)

Actions: Stand, Engage (Endral)

:hist101:Autumn Somerset

Endral Goldshadow

Hearth Stonewall

Knife
Actions:

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 31, 2017

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Round 3: Force Score: 2d6 (2+5) = 7

Autumn Somerset

Autumn steps up to the plate, harrying the troublesome Sargent in hopes of getting his attention away from Endral; she is given a firm backhand across the chops, for her efforts.

Move to G7
BCM: Force + Edge + Rsp = 12, countered with a 14, Autumn takes 2 damage, expending Light Armor to reduce the damage by 1

-------

pre:
Autumn Somerset

Attributes

Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          76/9
Refresh Pool 0

Weapon

Armour

Combat Powers
(c) Rogue Tcounter1	| M/R	| R + 3	| 1W	| Frt (after engagement, make RBA as free action)		[X]
(a/c/i) [Basic CM]	| Melee	| Any + 0   | 1W 	| [Renew]						[X]

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 31, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Posting Endral's turn for expediency

Endral unleashes a furious retaliation against the Sargent, employing By My Example. Force Score 9 + 4 + 1 = 14.
The Sargent, having exhausted applicable powers, is unable to respond, and suffers 1 damage.

Endral, using the power's effect, grants Advantage to Hearth on the beginning of the next turn.

Capitalizing on the opening, Endral draws on Echtroi ancestry, summoning a cloud of shadow centred on space I3.

Endral attacks again, this time using Basic Combat Maneuver. Force Score 9 + 4 = 13.
The Sargent suffers an additional point of damage, and is wrenched from his position by a swarm of shadow, reappearing in space I3.

As flanking is no longer possible, Marauder B loses his Edge against Endral.

[image to come]

BCM, Shadows Take You, and By My Example are exhausted.
Hearth is up!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hearth Stonewall

Flanking so that helps slightly.
Use A Right Cudgeling for F=6, S=3, +1 and a total of 10.
Then after taking a counter use a second attack.
Use Armoured Challenge F=6, S=3, +1 and a total of 10. For 2W damage.

pre:
Essentials
Refresh Pool 0

Combat Powers
Attack
A Right Cudgeling        | Melee     | Any + 1 | 1W      (target is stunned until the end of its next turn)  [X]
Armoured Challenge       | Melee     | S + 1   | 2W | W (foe cannot use move until end of its next turn)  [X]
Counter
Interrupt

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The Knife hustles up toward Autumn, ending at space E5.

She then throws a knife, FS 10 + 3 = 13.
Autumn counters with Rogue Fcounter2 , FS 7 + 4 + 2 = 13.

Autumn suffers one damage and the Knife is moved to F6.

End of turn is here.

Combat Block posted:

:hist101:Sargent
Actions:

Autumn Somerset

Endral Goldshadow

Hearth Stonewall

Knife
Init: -
FS: -
Actions: Morale broken. Fled.

Force Scores posted:

http://orokos.com/roll/521556
Description Combat 001 - Round 3 - Adversary Force Scores: Sargent; Knife
Results 2d6: 5 [2d6=4, 1]
2d6: 8 [2d6=4, 4]

Morale Test posted:

http://orokos.com/roll/521557
Description Combat 001 - Round 3 - Morale Test: Sargent; Knife
Results 2d6+5: 12 [2d6=6, 1]
2d6+3: 9 [2d6=2, 4]

The Knife has failed her morale test, and consequently has abandoned the battlefield. Only the Sargent remains!

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Round 4: Force Score: 2d6 (1+1) = 2 :suicide:
Refresh: "Fcounter2" or "Tcounter1": 1d2 = 1
Tcounter1 is refreshed
BCM is renewed

Autumn Somerset

-------

pre:
Autumn Somerset

Attributes

Essentials
Tier Die     2d6                              HP          65/9
Refresh Pool 0

Weapon

Armour

Combat Powers
(c) Rogue Fcounter2	| Melee	| R + 2	| 1W	| Pr    (move 2 space after engagement without reprisal)		[X]

• Locked thread