Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Bears did a hilarious trade up for Trubs. Panthers took a white RB at number 8. The Falcons pick said gently caress on live TV and seems pretty awesome. Post your tears here.

Here's mine: he only put up 11 reps. What the gently caress are you doing Gettleman? Watch us trade up now for Juju Smith-Schuster or something. gently caress.

And I like every other pick made by NFC south teams tonight. What the hell man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Very happy with the Bucs pick, they got gifted an awesome opportunity and now they're gonna have a baller receiving corps.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bow in terror before your new god, John Lynch

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

haha bears

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
No idea who the hell this Lions pick is but hey we need LBs worth a poo poo so hopefully he is one.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm good with the Texans drafting Watson. Only time will tell.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Browns will never have only one first round pick ever again.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i like reddick more than foster after watching reddick's highlights

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Am I allowed to post in this thread?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

My list of draft performances ranked:

1. 49ers
2-31. all the other teams
32. Bears

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Wait, so the Bears not only signed a lovely QB to a big contract in the offseason but also traded up to take a QB 2nd overall?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I really hope the Raiders didn't draft a rapist

If he didn't do it, Raiders got a steal

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs draft A+ would draft again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Humphrey was definitely an overdraft, and in a really deep corner class, but I don't hate the pick. With no good options at pass rusher or WR corner is a good spot to solidify and Humphrey has a really high ceiling. This may be the first 1st round pick I've been on board with since Jimmy Smith in 2011.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
should have put lol bears in the thread title rear end, delete this thread and start over honkey

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
IT'S OFFICIAL: the first round is over, and Jimmy Garoppolo is still a Patriot. Good job, other 31 teams!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm not sure what to think of Mahomes. Guess we will find out in 2019

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Did the saints need a tackle? I thought they had pretty good line play.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
The Bears got loving fleeced and it was hilarious

I am happy with The Cowboys taking Taco

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am pretty happy with Mahomes, but I definitely think he'd still have been there closer to 20 than 10. Still, the Chiefs selling next year's 1st round pick means that they're going to be loving committed to making sure this works, so I expect Andy Reid to pull out all the stops, sit Mahomes for a year, and then unleash a magnificent funslinging machine.

Mahomes 2 Hill

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm unexpectedly glad for the humor Reason

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Imagine not drafting a guy named Taco

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I am extremely pleased with the Colts taking Hooker, mostly because I had honestly never once considered he would be there. Safety wasn't our biggest need (our CB situation is fairly dire), but hard to pass up an elite talent like that when he falls to you.

A+++ would draft again

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I'm disappointed that the Cardinals didn't get Watson but oh well.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

noooooooooooooooooooo

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Imagine not drafting a guy named Taco

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011
I'm glad the Carolina fans got their dude.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ryan Pace is not as bad as Phil Emery but he's really close.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Lol the Bears

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That was the craziest first round in recent memory

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

pizza combos posted:

I'm glad the Carolina fans got their dude.

you're mean

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope my fellow Bengals posters are happy with that pick because I'm ecstatic. What a great pick. Hopefully the defensive side of this draft is as deep as everyone says because the Bengals are gonna have to make a fun on that side of the ball only for most of the rest of this draft but that offensive round 1 pick, ooee!!!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Holy poo poo. The Seahawks are gonna have a REALLY fun day tomorrow. Starting, I think, with one of Forrest Lamp or Kevin King, one of which I would have been overjoyed to get at 26.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Welp, I'm terrified. And excited, but also terrified. Here's what I said about Mahomes way back in February:

Grittybeard posted:

He's the toolsiest of tools guys, I love him as a developmental pick. He's probably going to rise up way higher than he should go and not get the chance to sit and develop though, he's going to need time. In addition to everything air raid his footwork in particular is just completely awful, and his arm is good enough that he sees no problem throwing off his back foot across his body, which isn't going to fly at the next level and frankly got him into trouble at Tech way too often.

There's a quote I can't find right now from Patrick Mahomes Sr (his dad, who is a character himself) about one of Aaron Rodgers ridiculous throws: "Holy poo poo there's only two guys on the planet that can make that throw, and I'm proud to say my son is one of those motherfuckers." He might be more right than wrong, the problem is Mahomes is willing to try that poo poo constantly with not great mechanics. The good news is most of his stuff is in theory fixable with good coaching and time to learn.

e: Put it this way, I want the Chiefs to draft him, but if they do I want Alex Smith to finish out his contract that ends after 2018.

I said I wanted to draft him but at the time I was thinking at the Chiefs original pick as a complete overdraft or in the 2nd round. Not Trading 2 firsts and a third to move up for him.

Under no circumstances do I want to see him on the field this year outside of preseason. Even if Alex goes down I want Tyler Bray or whoever the hell to finish out the year. He has so many things to fix. On the bright side I do think KC is the perfect situation to perhaps turn him into an NFL quarterback, and his ceiling in theory is ridiculous.

One way or another poo poo is going to change, because Patrick Mahomes is different from Alex Smith in just about every way other than the fact that they can both move a little bit. But hell even that's different, Alex moves to get the gently caress out and run, Mahomes moves to buy time to throw the ball downfield. It'll be a new world whenever he gets his chance, which hopefully won't be particularly soon.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears got fleeced by a guy who was at his first day on the job and also has CTE

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

No Butt Stuff posted:

That was the craziest first round in recent memory

It was especially interesting given that three days ago, people were strongly suggesting that not a single QB would be drafted in the top 12. I think this year's draft just reconfirms 2 things:
- Teams are always gonna try and trade up for QBs
- There is an entirely different trade value chart for when a team is trying to get a QB that is bonkers

and maybe a third thing that we already knew, which is that "teams have no idea what any other team is really up to, but everyone thinks that someone is after their guy and this often leads to really bad decisions"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Giants came away with a really good pick in Evan Engram, he's got elite speed (4.42 in the 40, and a 6.92 in the three cone drill) and could probably play WR from time to time. A matchup nightmare if you ask me

the way our offense is set up he's going to put up numbers really quickly, I'm excited. hoping he doesn't catch the injury bug

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

Bow in terror before your new god, John Lynch

pretend I posted a bow emote right here

Blitz7x posted:

I really hope the Raiders didn't draft a rapist

If he didn't do it, Raiders got a steal

They didn't and they did.

mastershakeman posted:

the bears got fleeced by a guy who was at his first day on the job and also has CTE

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 28, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Unsurprisingly Seattle traded out, and has four 3rd round picks. I hope we get Kevin King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

It was especially interesting given that three days ago, people were strongly suggesting that not a single QB would be drafted in the top 12. I think this year's draft just reconfirms 2 things:
- Teams are always gonna try and trade up for QBs
- There is an entirely different trade value chart for when a team is trying to get a QB that is bonkers

and maybe a third thing that we already knew, which is that "teams have no idea what any other team is really up to, but everyone thinks that someone is after their guy and this often leads to really bad decisions"

I especially liked how the Texans had to give up more to move up less.

• Locked thread