Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The 49ers said they had two other teams trying to trade up for their pick and reportedly the Browns were among them.

Browns are not as smart as they appear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I haven't been following draft coverage at all this year so can someone explain why Dalvin Cook wasn't a 1st round pick?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cash Monet posted:

I haven't been following draft coverage at all this year so can someone explain why Dalvin Cook wasn't a 1st round pick?

Character issues and people still don't love drafting RB's very early.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Cash Monet posted:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...-legal-problems

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cash Monet posted:

he choked puppies and can go to hell

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Oh wow, ok.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seahawks did Seahawks things. That's cool. Also, lol bears.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thanks to everyone gobbling up offense at the start so the Saints could take a guy who will probably end up being JAG and well give up an average of 55 points of game and set a reford but still somehow not go winless

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Who is going to be developing Mitch Trubisky, you ask?

2012 32 NFL Tennessee Titans Quarterbacks/Interim OC
2013 33 NFL Tennessee Titans Offensive Coordinator
2014 34 NFL Cleveland Browns Quarterbacks
2015 35 NFL Chicago Bears Quarterbacks
2016 36 NFL Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator

e: And his mentor on the field will be a guy who looks like what you get what you splice the genes of a giraffe with a trailer park.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Also John Fox will be there to never let him get first team reps :laffo:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sean10mm posted:

And his mentor on the field will be a guy who looks like what you get what you splice the genes of a giraffe with a trailer park.

nononononoonnoononnonoo

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

e: And his mentor on the field will be a guy who looks like what you get what you splice the genes of a giraffe with a trailer park.

This idea of veteran QB's mentoring is generally dumb, but especially in this case. Mike Glennon does not want to help some guy steal his starting job.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This idea of veteran QB's mentoring is generally dumb, but especially in this case. Mike Glennon does not want to help some guy steal his starting job.

he can teach mitch how to make millions without an impact

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Will Glennon do a thing he probably can't do that he also doesn't want to do?

:iiam:

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

FizFashizzle posted:

Also John Fox will be there to never let him get first team reps :laffo:

Plus the Bears have the weakest group of wide outs in the league by a big margin.

Nov 6, 2002

Cameron Meredith
Kevin White
Markus Wheaton
Rueben Randle
Dres Anderson
Kendall Wright
Eddie Royal
Daniel Braverman

Good luck! They better draft a WR tonight.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe OJ Howard was there at 19.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The only reason I wasn't pissed about mike giraffe was because I thought it would prevent the bears from reaching for one of these awful qbs and they 'll oved up to grab the most obvious bust. They better draft a northwestern guy to make up for this.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Happy with the Titans picks. Davis is going to be great with Mariota and was arguably the best WR tonight. Was leaning toward Foster or Howard at 18 but Jackson gives an immediate impact on special teams that the Titans desperately needed and he has big potential if he can be coached up. Overall, pretty good for day 1.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I don't remember any of Dalvin's off-field stuff being a thing when he was in school. It seemed like it popped out of nowhere in January.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills did good, but they better get a receiver tonight. Tyrod needs weapons.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

mcmagic posted:

Character issues and people still don't love drafting RB's very early.

I think he also had an exceedingly bad showing on the agility drills and vertical jump, which is supposed to be a good indicator of acceleration and explosiveness.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Still quite a bite of talent so I'm cool with the Jets dropping back into the late 2nd and picking up an extra 3rd.

Gimme Sidney Jones or Jake Butt if they drop back. Or Chris Godwin. He's cool too.

e: Hopefully they'll be able to move Sheldon Richardson tonight as well.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 28, 2017

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Still quite a bite of talent so I'm cool with the Jets dropping back into the late 2nd and picking up an extra 3rd.

Gimme Sidney Jones or Jake Butt if they drop back. Or Chris Godwin. He's cool too.

e: Hopefully they'll be able to move Sheldon Richardson tonight as well.

I would quite like to snag Godwin. Otherwise tonight is all about the DBs I'd wager. Or picking Kaaya or Dobbs since the steelers are apparently hell bent on getting a qb at some point this year

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Joey Freshwater posted:

I still can't believe OJ Howard was there at 19.

Dude's going to be like a Gronk who doesn't get hurt every week.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What's everyones favorite pick from last night, mine is Chiefs taking Mahomes

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

mine is Chiefs taking Mahomes

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Why did no one draft Cam Robinson?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MrLogan posted:

because there was a run on skill players and I'm sure he's gone tonight.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Godwin isn't even much of a need but if you're rolling with Hack this year might as well get him his favorite target.

MrLogan posted:

Positional value plays into it. No one thinks he's a tackle.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wanted Howard bad but welp.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's everyones favorite pick from last night, mine is Chiefs taking Mahomes

Serious pick or comedy pick?

Serious pick is the Browns just doing the obvious correct thing and taking Garrett.
Comedy pick is the super turbo hellbad trade-up for Trubisky. He's Mark Sanchez 2.0 from a weaker program with even less games played, going to a team with awful weapons and offensive coaches that are just poo poo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I've been mumbling "roll that beautiful Mahomes footage" all morning at work like the baked beans commercials

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gatts posted:

I wanted Howard bad but welp.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shut the gently caress up gettleman

quote:

When speaking about first-rounder Christian McCaffrey, Panthers GM Dave Gettleman compared him to Hall of Fame RB Curtis Martin.

"It doesn’t happen very often," Gettleman said. "The best tackle-box runner I’ve ever seen is Curtis Martin out of Pitt. Christian is right there with him. Running in that tackle box takes unique vision and unique quickness, and he’s got it. Curtis had it, and he had a great career – a Hall of Fame career – and this kid’s got those kind of skills." That's a lofty comparison. Carolina has talked about "evolving" as an offense all offseason, trying to take some pressure off Cam Newton, and McCaffrey's unique skill set should allow it to happen.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
I was at my son's library night at his school, which has basically no signal, so i didn't see the foolishness that was the Bears 1st round shenanigans until almost 8.

What the gently caress.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

shut the gently caress up gettleman

If we're doing hyperbolic comparisons, I think it's better to say that they got Marshall Faulk... so they can use him like Jerome Bettis.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
There is an interesting correlation between people that hate Cam but are happy about the McCaffrey pick.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Should I be excited about the TE the Browns drafted? Know nothing about this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I was hoping Reuben Foster or Evan Engram would drop to 37 for the Rams to take, long shot on either though. Getting one of Kelvin King, Lamp or Cam Robinson would be nice though, unless there's another tall possession type receiver that would be worth taking at the top of the 2nd.

• Locked thread