Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Great OP but is it just me or are the tables broken thanks to that Perry breakdancing gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the brazilian card where the hometown guys kept getting nuked and they had to clean dead moths off the canvas with packing tape in between the fights was one of my favourite shows ever

LMAO what? Which event was that?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't recall that happening at Joanna/Penne at all.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InfiniteZero posted:

drunkenly threatens Eddie Bravo in a hotel lobby.

They were arguing. Eddie said he and Bisping are still cool. Plus Eddie Bravo is an absolute idiot when it comes to non-Jiu Jitsu related things so I'm pretty sure Bisping getting mad at him wasn't really that bad of a thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know a lot of mush mouth people who live in PA so it's more so a "low income area" thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is awesome that half of Garbrandts TUF team got eliminated.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joe Daddy is a poet, and he knows it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how good Christian Jon Jones uses DCs kids in an insult war.

God is good.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was a single kick that caused his knee to blow out. I wouldn't say that's an rear end kicking and just a random injury that happened a la Silva breaking his leg in the rematch with Weidman. It's a loss sure, but it's still a random unintended injury that stops the fight mid tempo when neither guy is expecting it to happen.

Edit - Check that, it wasn't a kick. It was after Woodley landed on Condit's need during a scramble and when Condit got back up a light kick caused it to buckle further.

Watch it here if you have Fight Pass

https://www.ufc.tv/video/tyron-woodley-vs-carlos-condit-ufc-171

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 16, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That's why I also mentioned the times Condit got punched really hard.

Except when watching the match on Fight Pass just now, Woodley & Condit are landing hard shots on each other with just their punches.

Edit - Like the entire time they're on the ground after Woodley lands on Condits knee, Condit has guard and is throwing a bunch of punches while Woodley just hugs him and eats them. Woodley has power sure, but he wasn't in a full on "I'm kicking this guys rear end" mode like he was against say Lawler or the times he dropped Thompson in both fights.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 16, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

the black beast is easier to understand than stipe

Not empty quoting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Caught up on TUF before this week's episode.

I really hope Garbrandt loses all the preliminary rounds. It's hilarious he's lost this many so far.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

if only he picked his team based on good fighters instead of "uhh, he's from Ohio, I'll take him"

Yeah, and holy poo poo he's so drat close to actually being the worst coach ever in TUF history if he hasn't passed that point yet.

2 more prelim fights and he's gone 0-6 so far, half of the matches he's picked too.

cis autodrag posted:

is the tuf season worth catching up on? they're all piled on my dvr but i just haven't given a gently caress to sit through them so far.

I think it is. It's nice to see what the guys were up to in the time since their TUF runs and how they've put their poo poo together etc.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I haven't really been emotionally invested in any of the last 10 or so TUF seasons, but if Julian loving Lane is the first one to turn it around for Cody - against Stripper Ramsay, no less - I'm gonna be bummed.

Well I have good news for you...

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

I haven't watched TUF in a few years but Garbrandt really can't be worse than loving Ken Shamrock, can he?

Garbrandt won't sit in his fighters corner and coach, but will sit on the bench with the boys shouting and throwing poo poo around. Meanwhile TJ is with them the whole way through. That said his coaching isn't awful like Shamrocks but his record sure makes it seem that way.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Really, it's just sad at how butthurt the entire Alpha Male team is over Dillashaw leaving.

It's been like how many months/years since it all happened? They're still crying about it. It's hilarious.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I looked it up, if Garbrandt can win both the remaining fights he'll be on par as a coach as Shamrock. If he loses one then his coaching record is worse than Kenny boy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Dave posted:

I kinda like Sunday morning fights.

That's one of the nice things about living in Asia at the moment. I can go out drinking Saturday night, sleep and by 11am or so whenever I wake up Sunday the UFC fights are on (when they start at 10pm ET)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skip My Posts posted:

Max did way better against Conor

Nate did better.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Before we start the UFC June thread, here's a TUF 25 update: Garbrandt's team finally won a match. They are now 1-6 overall.

Also the wild card is Joe Daddy (who just lost via UD) vs Hayder Hassan (who lost via UD too).

Team Garbrandts guys are upset Joe Daddy got the wild card slot since he just lost, despit almost all of them being TKO'd, or submitted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

Extra props to Eddie Gordon for being mad about TJ not pulling for him after he got choked out in the first round against one of the last guys picked.

I haven't watched it yet but if so, LMAO.

• Locked thread