Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I know Anthem doesn't sell many tickets, but calling it an Empty Arena Match is a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

The Ellsworth stuff was the first stuff to really get me interested in Billy NWA since I'd literally never heard of any other wrestler involved.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

OLD SCHOOL Jim Cornette boner wrestling.

This is basically what I like, and Ellsworth fighting from underneath, selling his rear end off, overcoming the odds, and most importantly having matches that are based on that sort of psychology instead of on work rate, is exactly what I'd like to see, and all things he is able to do.

Way more interesting to me than new NWA champ #2 you've never heard of going on a tour of matches that are pretending the NWA title being on a show will pop a local house like in the territory days. Even though there is no drama at all because you know regional promotion homer #6 is never going to win the title.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I don't know about a schedule, but I'll be seeing him face Matt Cross in NextGen next month.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

That's one of the things, Flair and Funk went everywhere, but Idol was only ever a star in Memphis.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It was the only confirmed match on the card before the card sold out. It's the main event regardless of its placing on the show. Magnus is a draw confirmed, this is the year of TNA validation

The belt was booked before the sellout, Aldis wasn't necessarily.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Best Colt and best Osprey matches I've seen

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Pretty excited for the Dawson Brothers. Scott Dawson in WWE picked Dawson as his last name in homage to them.

https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/1178862019925012480

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

What.... what did Cornette say about fried chicken and a country in Africa?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

davidbix posted:

So I haven't been watching the show and had no idea they'd been running the Kayfabe Cocktail bit for weeks until I saw people arguing that it was weird that it wasn't getting the complaints the Cornette thing was, which is whatever. But...am I an idiot for not thinking that the bit is that it's water? I got into a weirdly heated Twitter argument about this with someone I normally get along with swimmingly.

(Although even in the event that the intended joke really IS that it's water/Idol is selling "kayfabe" snake oil, there are about a zillion better ways to frame that than "giving women a mystery drink to get them into bed." But my gut is that it's still somewhere on the continuum between "Billy Dee Williams's Colt 45 ads" and "roofies.")

I guess I can believe they didn't intend for it to be roofies, but I can't believe they intended the weird poo poo that dude on twitter was telling you. But. Any reasonable person would see what they actually put out and think it's roofies.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I think it's possible the episodes will just air normally. I think they may have needed filler because they didn't have enough in the can to stretch to the PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

No Dawsons no buy