Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I pictured Nancy as a fat older man in a big yellow suit.
I imagine him being tall and skinny makes sense since it fits better with him being a literal spiderman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

Episode 3.

I'm using spoilers because watching it today feels like i'm a time traveller or some poo poo.

Even though it's Anubis and not Death, that opening bit could be lifted straight out of Sandman and that rules. Also, Bast gets a namedrop. Good for her.
I was just going to say that

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

That's a lot of Jesuses

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's really more a problem with the book, it's just kind a product of the hard on the 90s had for neo-paganism. So it just sort of played fast and loose with its rules to bring in the gods Gaiman wanted to showcase.
That and I think Gaiman thought using Greek Gods would be rote and cliche, however he heard a story about Roman coins being found around the Ohio River so that's why Vulcan is showing up this series now.

May Anubis has basically become the defacto god of death since there is no reason Laura should be meeting him in the preview

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

precision posted:

Egyptian Gods weren't in the novel at all, aside from Bast, IIRC. And Bast = cats so it's pretty clear how she's still here.

e: forgot Ibis and Jacquel, funeral parlor dudes. And her cat is definitely supposed to be Bastet.
Horus is in it too

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Oh, Loki has a lot of names. Not as many as Odin, but still quite a few. Skywalker, for instance.
I think Loki said most of them in The Sandman too in one long rant. one being Loki Liesmith of course

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The opening for this episode is going to piss off so many shitheads

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

It's a shame we didn't get a Coming to America segment about the Romans who came to America to bring Vulcan to this world.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know with them expanding mythologies and gods in this show I hope they do some Chinese mythology since you can easily make a Coming To America segment set in 19th century San Francisco, hell have Emperor Norton I show up too

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Kind of a weird episode for one that is right before the finale, but I enjoyed it since my favorite part of Gaiman's works are those side stories where it goes through a persons entire life and having that be most of the episode was nice and I'm a sap so seeing Sweeney take her to the afterlife tug at my heartstrings a lot

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

precision posted:

I'm thinking that's Mormon Jesus
No I think that is WASP Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

precision posted:

Buy a dildo. All the dicks onscreen this season were dildos or CGI, per Fuller. I find it pretty dumb honestly. I'll never understand why the entertainment industry caters to the general public's hysterical aversion to the penis (especially erect ones).
Because this country was colonized by puritans, Calvinists, and other such heathens who lived a constant miserable existence of repression and thinking that working till you were dead was admirable.

• Locked thread