Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

and the first film to be released is ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pretend I don't know anything

wthats aacs2.0

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

echinopsis posted:

wthats aacs2.0

it's the thing designed to keep ur mitts off of the movie industry's bits!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

this will be funny, all these pirates watching HDR films in VLC with no LUT PQ gamma straight on their srgb gamer tn panel

guys

better set the monitor mode to

EXTRA CONTRAST

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIPkldAALu0

akadajet fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 4, 2017

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

wthats aacs2.0

imagine you really want to gently caress this disc and you have to figure a way to persuade it

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

imagine you really want to gently caress this disc and you have to figure a way to persuade it

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
we don't know for sure it's been cracked
it possible it was copied using a million dollar oscilloscope to the right pin and copied the datastream after being decrypted without knowing the decryption keys

its really cracked when you can rip a an aacs2.0 with makemkv

also here's the mediainfo https://pastebin.com/QTGT5ADS

Perplx fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 4, 2017

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Transfer characteristics : SMPTE ST 2084
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000.0000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1132 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 923 cd/m2

Lol Mastered on a 4,000 nit display, good luck displaying that back on your gamer trash tn panel lolololloolollool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits

show me a pirate that has a display that can do a 23.976 cadence properly, let alone a video card to output real 10-bits per channel and i'll show you someone who unironically likes sw ep 1 in full jar jar binks cosplay!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Format : Atmos / TrueHD / AC-3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : Stream extension
Codec ID : 131
Duration : 1 h 44 min
Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
Bit rate : 640 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 124 kb/s
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels

VLC will have no problem doing bass management or object based audio or ahhahahaha lol like you have anything better than those dell speakers powered off USB CRANK THAT FUCKER UP TO 400% FOR MAXIMUM CRUNCHYNESS!!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
take your meds bro

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Complete name : X:\The.Smurfs.2.2013.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-THRONE\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 53.1 GiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 72.5 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate : 109 Mb/s

Macos wont be able to play because it's in a BDMV folder unelss you know how to use the terminal since the folder will be blocked out

people pirating stuff and trying to watch this on their TV will do it from a 300$ poo poo top that wont be able to sustain the 72.5 average Mb/s to play it smooth assuming their cracker jack box amd CPU doesnt melt down in a single threaded decode process non the less

pagancow fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 4, 2017

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

take your meds bro

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

i just double click on the file and VLC plays it fine on my TN LCD and everything looks perfect just like the director intended

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Visual GNUdio posted:

i just double click on the file and VLC plays it fine on my TN LCD and everything looks perfect just like the director intended

only if you remembered to turn on f.lux

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

pagancow posted:

Complete name : X:\The.Smurfs.2.2013.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-THRONE\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts

Macos wont be able to play because it's in a BDMV folder unelss you know how to use the terminal since the folder will be blocked out

people pirating stuff and trying to watch this on their TV will do it from a 300$ poo poo top that wont be able to sustain the 72.5 average Mb/s to play it smooth assuming their cracker jack box amd CPU doesnt melt down in a single threaded decode process non the less

I'm the iPad watermark

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

pagancow posted:

pagancow posted:

VLC will have no problem doing bass management or object based audio or ahhahahaha lol like you have anything better than those dell speakers powered off USB CRANK THAT FUCKER UP TO 400% FOR MAXIMUM CRUNCHYNESS!!

pagancow posted:

show me a pirate that has a display that can do a 23.976 cadence properly, let alone a video card to output real 10-bits per channel and i'll show you someone who unironically likes sw ep 1 in full jar jar binks cosplay!

pagancow posted:

Lol Mastered on a 4,000 nit display, good luck displaying that back on your gamer trash tn panel lolololloolollool

so what you're saying is might as well pirate cos you wouldn't get any of the benefits the original format offers you on your scrub tier equipment anyway?

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

pagancow posted:

Mastering display color primaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000

pls someone translate this to non-video-professional language?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'll wait for the vcd

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

go play outside Skyler posted:

pls someone translate this to non-video-professional language?

:spergin: :jerkbag:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pagancow posted:

im trying to figure out how many nits i need. am i reading this right? i need 10,000 nits?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

akadajet posted:

im trying to figure out how many nits i need. am i reading this right? i need 10,000 nits?

it looks like you need about 50 to watch a movie and 100 to watch tv

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

akadajet posted:

i need 10,000 nits?

here u go friend

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hifi posted:

it looks like you need about 50 to watch a movie and 100 to watch tv

the oled tv i want has 700 nits. that's 7 times the nits needed.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

here u go friend

how the gently caress does that happen?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
gently caress YES I LOVE THE SMURFS AND PIRACY

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I buy blu rays and play them on my PlayStation 4

it's not that hard people

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I buy blu rays and play them on my PlayStation 4

it's not that hard people

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

here u go friend

lol i was looking for this gif not 24 hours ago thx

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

NoneMoreNegative posted:

here u go friend

can lowtax install a wordfilter that changes all the pagancow gifs into this please

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

pagancow posted:

Anything past 5.1 AC3 is mostly pointless wankery

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

DuckConference posted:

Anything past 5.1 AC3 is mostly pointless wankery

I think it's funny that the instant we have all this super sophisticated object based multichannel audio the mass market is falling over themselves to buy single speakers with like 2" paper drivers

that said AC4 has some really good stuff, like a dedicated dialog channel that users could set levels on, finally solving the "whole movie is quiet then one explosion knocks the pictures off your wall and traumatizes your cat" problem

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

qirex posted:

I think it's funny that the instant we have all this super sophisticated object based multichannel audio the mass market is falling over themselves to buy single speakers with like 2" paper drivers

that said AC4 has some really good stuff, like a dedicated dialog channel that users could set levels on, finally solving the "whole movie is quiet then one explosion knocks the pictures off your wall and traumatizes your cat" problem

yeah, but the problem with all these new features is that basically no one is ever going to change the defaults, so anything that's not on by default may as well not exist

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

Are you talking about Bluetooth soundbox things or studio monitors

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

soundbars i think

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Oh nm I didn't read the single part

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I personally bought the biggest cerwin Vegas I could find on Craigslist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pagancow posted:

pagancow posted:

Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits

pagancow posted:

pagancow posted:

AIDS

• Locked thread