Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hifi posted:

Are you talking about Bluetooth soundbox things or studio monitors

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

soundbars i think
mostly bluetooth speakers or amazon echos, soundbars can be non-shameful [but most aren't]

I hope sonos doesn't go full dummy on voice control and stop making good products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

here u go friend

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

pram
Jun 10, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

here u go friend

jesus gently caress

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

here u go friend

what is the person with the comb not wearing gloves :stonk:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is that just bog standard head lice or maggots or something

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

can someone explain the joke behind this gif tia

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

minivanmegafun posted:

its so hot in here

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

qirex posted:

that said AC4 has some really good stuff, like a dedicated dialog channel that users could set levels on, finally solving the "whole movie is quiet then one explosion knocks the pictures off your wall and traumatizes your cat" problem

DD AC-3 has solved this problem, it's just that you're using VLC instead of a real dolby decoder to have dynamic range normalization take place.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"oh no explosion too loud!" - someone who pirated a movie instead of buying a real device with real DD decoders.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"oh no i cant hear dialogue!" - someone who bought a monoprice TV that just rounds L and R to the TV and throws away the rest of the channels or doesn't do dolbys decoding becuase 2c chip huts BOM bottom line

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

monoprice makes tvs? sweet

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"why are movies so quiet and then distorted action scenes?" - someone who uses VLC on a laptop and doesn't have a proper dolby decoder written because they think "o sound comes out, im done"

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Dolby has practically solved every audio issue in the early 90s but yall keep coming up with better idiots to gently caress things up, so Dolby tries to come up with more complicated fixes

object based audio forces people to go "turn up dialog k thx" even if the software FREEDOM FRIERS decide that "o sound come out good enuf"

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gas

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

pagancow posted:

Transfer characteristics : SMPTE ST 2084
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000.0000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1132 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 923 cd/m2

Lol Mastered on a 4,000 nit display, good luck displaying that back on your gamer trash tn panel lolololloolollool

I have a U2410

its still working fine but i kinda wanna replace it

the newer dell ultrasharps seem to not be getting great reviews though

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
DRM being cracked is good. Hopefully Pagancow loses his job because of it.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

minivanmegafun posted:

russians arn't very good at coding

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

minivanmegafun posted:

man ipads get hot sometimes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pagancow posted:

DD AC-3 has solved this problem, it's just that you're using VLC instead of a real dolby decoder to have dynamic range normalization take place.

no I'm using an actual receiver made by a reputable consumer electronics company that I level calibrated myself using a variety of test tones and a standalone spl meter

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pagancow you obviously know way less about audio and you should probably stay in your lane

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Fabricated posted:

I have a U2410

same, it's p good

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

i'm so glad you're back, pagancow

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm reading this thread right now on a samsung hdtv while using f.lux

and it feels just fine

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

pagancow posted:

y=0.690000

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i got my flux on because its midnight and i have my headphones plugged in directly to my laptop. i dont think soundcloud is dolby enabled

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
hey can whoever wrote the incantation that banished pagancow to dimension x come back and do us a solid

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

qirex posted:

soundbars can be non-shameful [but most aren't]
Actually, They're bad.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

hey can whoever wrote the incantation that banished pagancow to dimension x come back and do us a solid

why would you want to do this?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

pagancow posted:

"why are movies so quiet and then distorted action scenes?" - someone who uses VLC on a laptop and doesn't have a proper dolby decoder written because they think "o sound comes out, im done"

actually vlc audio distortion is good. in fact this feature is now standard in gnome/Linux for that extra loudness on quiet rips

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Moist von Lipwig posted:

same, it's p good
they can do 15 khz on the vga input completely by accident

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

OldAlias posted:

actually vlc audio distortion is good. in fact this feature is now standard in gnome/Linux for that extra loudness on quiet rips

:agreed:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i wactch movies etc on my chrome cast and listen to the audio through my bang and olufson beomaster 4500 and twin bang and olufson RedLine speakers, OP.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Actually, They're bad.

the original yamaha ones that are now called sound projectors are good. the ones that are 2 electronics hobbyist drivers in a plastic tube are poo poo.

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Not too armchair diagnose bvut Pagan Cows manic posts intersprersed with months long absences look like bipolar disorder to me.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The XKCD Larper posted:

Not too armchair diagnose bvut Pagan Cows manic posts intersprersed with months long absences look like bipolar disorder to me.

thats sad if its true, but its kinda funny that your outlet for manic episodes is posting on a dead gay computer forum rather than say, doing coke or loving prostitutes or something cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wanna be that prostitue to earn that sweet bipolar money

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

qirex posted:

no I'm using an actual receiver made by a reputable consumer electronics company that I level calibrated myself using a variety of test tones and a standalone spl meter

If your speakers can go do <100hz they need to be set to small otherwise dynamic range normalization won't work correctly. also send the original untouched AC-3 bitstream to it or else you're dumb (is the metadata being passed through? open sores! who knows1!) and also if you are over 30 you will naturally have hearing loss in which case you'll probably want to enable some sort of "night mode" which forces the dynamic range normalization to max.

if you put that microphone not at ear level you might as well get hosed because you have EQs set for your dick and not your ears so sry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

not to armchair diagnose but it seems like yospos is full of people who dont know a good audio or video quality because they have never seen it

• Locked thread