Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Poque posted:

:ducksiren: AN ANNOUNCEMENT :ducksiren:

It is now time to get your votes in for the Awful Survivor TV/IV Player of the Season! The winner of Awful Survivor TV/IV's Player of the Season contest will win a :20bux: Amazon gift card!

PM me (forums or Discord) the name of the player you want to win the Player of the Season award! The deadline for sending in your vote is the start of the Final Tribal Council.

caveat: Players may not vote for themselves, but are welcome to submit votes for other players! Viewers, mods, anybody who cares enough to vote is eligible to vote! VOTE

It's back! I can never leave! I am forever a prisoner, cursed to run this horrific game until my fingers fall off! It's Awful Survivor! Eighteen goons, people that have at one point in their life or another, paid ten dollars american to post on an internet forum, will now be competing in a quest in the name of capitalism! From first time to fourth time players, this is truly a hodge podge of losers who are ready to make alliances, betray friendships, and put themselves to the test for a grand prize of $125 and the title of Sole Survivor!

Each week, we will hold two Immunity Challenges and two Tribal Councils. Immunity is important because it is what keeps you safe. You cannot be voted out if you hold it. Tribal Council is the place that is the ultimate test. This is where you will be held to judgment, you and your tribe having to vote someone out of your family. When your torch is snuffed, so is your life in this game. A truly perilous direction for your journey to take in this game. The Hidden Immunity Idol is back as well, but where it is located, will truly be an abstract mystery.

Weekly Schedule
Monday: Challenge (probably between 7:00-9:00pm EST)
Tuesday: Tribal Council (Probably about 7:00pm EST)
Wednesday: Challenge (probably between 7:00-9:00pm EST)
Thursday: Tribal Council (Probably about 7:00pm EST)

This weekly schedule is more of a guideline. Some challenges might occur a little later or earlier, and some days may have a Challenge and Tribal Council on the same day. We will always announce what is occurring the next day.

TRIBES

HULUN +

Propaganda Machine
Little Mac
Adus

The Jury
jivjov
Somberbrero
Chic Trombone
CuriousCat
Winvirus
Mayor Glowku
Pmush Perfect
AnAnonymousIdiot

Eliminated
Mr. F
Meinberg
CirclMastr
GulagDolls
The Walrus
imgay
AllNewJonasSalk

Challenges & Tribal Councils
Immunity Challenge 01|Tribal Council 01
Immunity Challenge 02|Tribal Council 02|Tribal Swap
Immunity Challenge 03|Tribal Council 03
Immunity Challenge 04|Tribal Council 04
Immunity Challenge 05|Tribal Council 05 (Double Tribal)
Immunity Challenge 06|Tribal Council 06|Outcast Council
Awful Survivor Auction|Tribal Council 07
Immunity Challenge 08|Tribal Council 08
Immunity Challenge 09|Tribal Council 09
Immunity Challenge 10|Tribal Council 10
Immunity Challenge 11|Tribal Council 11
Immunity Challenge 12|Tribal Council 12
Immunity Challenge 13|Tribal Council 13
Immunity Challenge 14|Tribal Council 14

RULES
  • Allen Wren is co-mod, be nice to him.
  • There will be 18 players. Every single player is a survivor. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors.
  • Players will be split into different tribes that will initially compete with each other. You must work together, or against each other, in order to be the sole survivor. There will only be one winner.
  • You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $125 Amazon.com Giftcard., with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.
  • Tribal Councils (in which one player is removed from the game) will be held every Tuesday and Thursday. Votes will be taken privately by me (gif Probst) and later published, anonymously. The player with the highest number of votes will be removed from the game. This will be announced in the thread. During Tribal Council, you may only vote for your fellow tribemates, and you MUST vote. Failure to vote will result in a penalty vote against yourself.
  • While alive, you may communicate out of thread with anyone that is in your own tribe. You are expected to plot against each other and make alliances and fake alliances. It is not essential to do this though... unless you want to win. If you ignore everyone out of thread, you have a death wish.
  • If you are voted out, you are not allowed to communicate with anyone alive/on the jury in the game. You may only contact fellow jurors in the Ponderosa page, and only if you yourself are a juror.
  • No bribing other players. You cannot use money or currency equivalent to coerce players to do something. The fact that I actually have to write this rule out is stupid as hell.
  • When voted out, you are allowed to make only one post as a goodbye message, with a maximum of 100 words. No workarounds/linking to a bigger message or anything cute like that.
  • There will be individual challenges and team challenges. These will be posted at a time that best suits all people in-thread (usually 7:00-9:00PM EST). Some of these will be timed so you might be disadvantaged if you cannot be around. Some challenges which can have ties will be won by the first person to submit their result. Most Tribal challenges only require a select number of participants, rather than the entirety of your tribe.
  • For the individual challenges, the winner will be rewarded with immunity from being voted out at Tribal Council. For groups challenges the tribes will be competing against each other. The losing tribe will be forced to go to Tribal Council, where they will have to vote out one of their own.
  • NO EDITING YOUR POSTS EVER!!!! Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity and frequency. Ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.
  • Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!
  • Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (to be picked after cast is finalized) with how to access whatever you're using to talk. You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.
  • What happens in the vista, stays in the vista. Don't post Vista exclusive content outside of it. Please message me or Wren for access to the Vista Discord channel.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Walrus

Residence: Toronto
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: break it into pennies and put the pennies into a sock to hurl out the window of a moving bus
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: SCARY MIRROR WRITING!!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH (letters get smaller)
My motivation for winning this game: fame

Adus

Residence: Seattle
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: make it rain. (by creating weather controlling device)
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: nice
My motivation for winning this game: to prove the first time wasn't just a fluke and also to impress ladies

curiousCat

Residence: Tampa, FL
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: buy more furry art
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: we need clementines. also, wash the mirror, you're a terrible roommate.
My motivation for winning this game: My ego needs stroking.

jivjov

Residence: Missouri
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: I dunno, maybe buy some useless poo poo off the internet?
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: Insert Coin To Continue
My motivation for winning this game: "Sandra.txt

I gotta be the best "

CirclMastr
:yeah:
Residence: California
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Gloat
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: Welcome to the AIDS club
My motivation for winning this game: Internet superstardom

Meinberg

Residence: The Lost and God-Forsaken Strip of Land, Now Forgotten in Deep Mist
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: I would consider vey carefully the ramifications of my spending on the larger economy of the world, and then slowly purchase orbs for Fire Emblem Heroes until I have a five star team of the best of the best.
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: The Age of Glory ends and in the waking of the sleeping dragons, a new time comes before us. The hunters are loosed and the hounds bay at your heels. You are weak, fragile, and lost in shadows. But you are a remembered fragment of a reality that still does exist, that still clings forward to the twisting shell of a life once lived. You can be brought forth once more to initiate the world in blood and memories.
My motivation for winning this game: I am the broken one, the champion of fortune, but whose fate is clouded e'rmore. I must rid myself of this curse in the flames of purgation and hope for a brighter future for myself. And for others who follow in my steps.

AnAnonymousIdiot

Residence: Loveland, CO
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Buy some fine Whiskey
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: MEDADV 4243699400
My motivation for winning this game: To prove that I'm not a gimmick.

Chic Trombone

Residence: Tennessee
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: i have no idea yet tbh it'll be two months before this game could possibly end at the very very earliest. probably it'll be on something dumb
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: CLEAN THIS FILTHY MIRROR
My motivation for winning this game: third time is the charm!! :sun: ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ “

PMush Perfect

Residence: Oregon
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Wipe my rear end with it
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: "Made you look"
My motivation for winning this game: DOLLA DOLLA BILLZ YALL

GulagDolls

Residence: FLORIDA...FOR NOW
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: buy a hoodie where the hood is a cat's face
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: "I feel your love, reflection
mitsumekaesu hitomi ni egaite haruka na "
My motivation for winning this game: i have no motivation to win this

Somberbrero

Residence: St. Louis, Missouri
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Donate it to charity then act really smug about it.
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: You really smell like dog buns.
My motivation for winning this game: Humiliating winvirus.

Little Mac

Residence: Atlanta, GA
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: "Day to day changing" doesn't make any sense.
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: EAT poo poo - MIRROR UNIVERSE ME
My motivation for winning this game: Winning is good. I am good. Therefore, I plan on winning.

imgay

Residence: Tampa, FL
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Buy a switch
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: suck my dick you fuckman
My motivation for winning this game: having fun, its about the journey. winning just a nice bonus

Propaganda Machine

Residence: Los Angeles
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Buy a life-changing work-enhancing gadget or two, actually. Probably.
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: No it doesn't. It's loving writing on a mirror. It's not even a n inanimate object. It's not even an object. As a millennial, I vow, for science, to spend the next eight years in grad school getting to the bottom of this mystery.
My motivation for winning this game: sandra.jpg

Winvirus

Residence: NEW. YORK. CITY (formerly atl)
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: eat twenty five dollar bills on camera
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: "delet this"
My motivation for winning this game: one hundred twenty five american dollars

AllNewJonasSalk

Residence: Florida
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: Blow on a pizza.
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: Prepare to die... amigo.
My motivation for winning this game: The bragging rights of winning money on a website that only nerds know about. So many rights.

Mr. F!

Residence: USA!!!!!!
If I were to win the life impacting day to day changing one hundred twenty five dollarrs, the first thing I would do with it is: pay billz
I awoke, in a haze. I crawl to the bathroom, douse my face in the sink water. As I raise my head, there is writing on the mirror. It reads: Satin
My motivation for winning this game: To brag

mayor glowku is a punkass who didn't fill out his profile sheet, shame him

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 13, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
okay, grab the chickens, no wait, why do you have all those throw pillows what are you doing

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

The Walrus posted:

okay, grab the chickens, no wait, why do you have all those throw pillows what are you doing

I have a bad back I need them

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mayor failnoob

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm so angry that nobody put time into working on the mirror question. So angry!!!!!!!! because now I look like a huge nerd

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

a shocking turn of events

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Don't worry lads we snagged the chickens and they will go to good use :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Don't snag me!

(This would have been funnier if I still had my previous URL.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdSCa_nf2I

December 1st, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if allnewjonassalk does not post in this thread before monday afternoon or enable PMs imgay will replace him on his tribe.

Adus has joined the game! We have our final rosters! imgay has been moved to Hulun.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I feel like I've been given a sneak preview to something special.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

First Tribal Challenge will be Monday at 7pm EST. Details on the challenge will be available Sunday in your tribal Discords.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

gulagdolls lets ally

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blockbustr lived a long life, but just couldn't survive

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've found an immunity idol.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

winvirus posted:

gulagdolls lets ally

ok. oher players dont read this because the alliance is secret

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

yo tampa people its gorgeous out today i'm gettin' my tan on (visiting family this weekend or i'd drink w/ y'all to alliance)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

my mom lived in st pete until last january
it was always beautiful

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I thought I would be at home playing this game, but it turns out I'm going to be traveling across the continent as this goes on. I'll be sure to write about my travels in confessions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
there's a thread too what the heck!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
You have to communicate /everywhere/ to be in this game

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I communicate via carrier pigeon only

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I wonder how Meinberg is doing over on Hulun. He's never played this type of games before so I hope y'all are playing nice :ohdear:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

I wonder how Meinberg is doing over on Hulun. He's never played this type of games before so I hope y'all are playing nice :ohdear:

Everyone is so nice over here, thank you for the concern though :D

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
are there discords or somesuch set up I guess? I dont see in the op but then again i have terminal brain cancer and my mom has aids
e: oh right it was in the pm my bad

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 7, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Walrus posted:

are there discords or somesuch set up I guess? I dont see in the op but then again i have terminal brain cancer and my mom has aids

You should have gotten a PM with a link to our tribe discord.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I'll fill out the profile sheet hold on!??!!?!

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
:munch: IT'S BACK! :woop:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Good morning, island :sun:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

name your five participants tribes.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 13, 2017

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

HULUN Volunteers:
GulagDolls
Meinberg
Chic Trombone
imgay
Mayor Glowku

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Nefilix Challenge Team
jivjov
PMush Perfect
Little Mac
Adus
CirclMastr

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
hey there's a thread

what up losers ready to lose? i know i am

wait

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Get ready to lose... your minds!

At how cool we are.

Or something, I dunno.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Adus posted:

hey there's a thread

what up losers ready to lose? i know i am

wait

Hello fellow loser, I too look forward to losing.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ohhh, this is gonna be epic :munch:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Legends will be born

Dreams will spread their wings and fly

Bedroom producers will post songs about this day on their SoundClouds for hours, perhaps even days to come

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I lost

my dad at a young age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

You guys should just concede.

• Locked thread