Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RAW

- Aleister Black def. Curt Hawkins (Main Event match)

- Noam Dar def. Gran Metalik (Main Event match)

- Dean Ambrose is first out for the Raw portion of the evening, quickly followed by Miz & Maryse. With Kurt Angle not present, Ambrose & Miz/Maryse are co-General Managers for the night (Angle named Dean, Stephanie McMahon named Miz). BRAUN STROWMAN is out with his arm in a sling. Strowman says he’s hurt, but he can still beat Kalisto with one-arm tied behind his back. Ambrose books a rematch between Strowman & Kalisto (with the Monster having one-arm tied behind his back, of course) and Finn Bálor vs. Miz which starts... right now!

- Miz def. Bálor by DQ when Miz uses his GM powers to make the official disqualify his opponent, but Ambrose is out to restart the match after banning Maryse from ringside.

- Finn Bálor def. Miz via pinfall following a Coup de Grace

- Nia Jax approaches Alexa Bliss in the locker room to ask her why she didn’t run her down last week. She asks if the champ really meant that she’s great, and Alexa says of course. Nia figures that means she should get a title shot after Bayley’s rematch. Bliss says she doesn’t make matches, Angle does, but she’ll ask. Jax says Alexa has a new best friend until that match gets made, as she’s gonna watch the champ’s back to make sure she gets her shot.

- Alexa Bliss (with Nia Jax) def. Mickie James (who brings out Bayley as back-up) thanks to an assist from Nia, which Bayley makes her pay for. The champ tries to continue the beating on James after the bell, but Bayley chases her off. Nia comes in and punishes Mickie.

- Miz & Maryse approach Dean backstage. Ambrose says he’s booked most of the show, so they can take off. Miz wants to know when his Miz TV with “one of the guys from One Direction” goes on, and Dean says Raw is about more action, less talking tonight. Miz then says Dean’s been hiding out back here, so he books him in a match with Bray Wyatt for later tonight.

- Charly Caruso interviews Samoa Joe. She asks about his attack on Seth Rollins during last week’s main event. Joe says Seth tried to move on to a title shot before he was done with him, so he reminded him it’s over when Joe says it’s over. He says he’s turning the volume up on thier feud, and Rollins attacks. They brawl backstage.

- One-armed Strowman vs. Kalisto; Braun refuses to agree to the match because he’s injured and Roman Reigns is a coward who won’t face him. The ref calls for the bell anyway. Strowman starts to beatdown Kalisto with his arm in a sling when Roman’s music hits. A heavily taped up Reigns climbs in the ring for a staredown. Roman kicks him in his injured arm and then fells him with three Superman punches. Braun rolls out, so Reigns gives chase and runs right into a big boot. Roman fights back to wrap Strowman’s injured shoulder around the ringpost. He stays in control and grabs a chair, and Braun slinks out through the crowd holding his arm while Reigns stands tall in the ring.

- Joe vs. Rollins is announced for later tonight.

- Goldust gives R-Truth a locker room pep talk. Says they were disrespected by Braun and Angle, so he wants to turn back the clock like the Hardys and show they’re a force to be reckoned with in Tag Turmoil.

- Tag turmoil starts with an Enzo Amore & Big Cass promo about pooping your pants. They get Cesaro & Sheamus first.

- Cesaro & Sheamus def. Enzo Amore & Big Cass via submission (Cesaro Sharpshooter on Enzo)

- Cesaro & Sheamus def. Beauty & The Man-Beast via pinfall (Sheamus on Slater after a Brogue Kick... the heels also jumped Heath and Rhyno, taking out Rhyno, before they even made it to the ring)

- Cesaro & Sheamus def. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows via pinfall (Sheamus on Gallows after a Brogue Kick)

- Cesaro & Sheamus def. Golden Truth via pinfall (Cesaro on R-Truth via roll-up after Truth misses a splash) to become #1 contenders to the Hardys tag titles

- Post-match beatdown from Shea-Saro continues until the Hardyz music hits. The challengers wait for them in the ring, then bail when they slide in. Matt & Jeff pose for cheers and “DELETE” chants while Cesaro & Sheamus exit.

- Seth Rollins def. Samoa Joe via disqualification when Joe sends Seth head-first into an exposed turnbuckle after the referee warned him not to. Joe then locks on the Coquina Clutch and keeps it on for a while while the official yells at him some more.

- Despite not being there, Angle made Miz vs. Ambrose for the IC title next week

- In a clip from Facebook Live, Neville tells TJP that if wants a title shot, he need to beat Jack Gallagher tonight, then the champ will take care of the rest. Neville’s on commentary for that match.

- TJP def. Jack Gallagher via pinfall with a roll-up and a handful of tights. Perkins slaps on a post-match Knee-Bar until Austin Aries (in street clothes and a knee brace) runs in to take out TJP.

- Sasha Banks def. Alicia Fox via pinfall following double knees from the top rope (the pin didn’t look clean, and they show her left shoulder coming up on replay)

- Miz is on commentary for Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt

- Bray Wyatt def. Dean Ambrose via pinfall following Sister Abigail (Miz went ringside and posed with the IC title, getting Ambrose to hit him with a suicide dive, but creating an open to hit him with the belt outside before rolling him back in to Bray)

- Miz attacks Dean post-match and cuts a promo saying he’ll win the title next week and it’ll be AWESOME

SD

3 on 3 brawl teasing main event (Zayn, Styles, Orton vs Corbin, Jinder, Owens)
Natalya pins Becky by rollup. Becky/Charlotte/Naomi vs Carmella/Natalya/Tamina at Backlash
Rowan pins Harper
Nakamura wants Dolph tonight, Dolph wants it at Backlash.Nakamura lays out Dolph
Breezango defeats the Ascension
Jinder/Owens/Corbin defeat Orton/Zayn/Styles; Jinder pins Orton

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Such a poo poo show that the Raw thread only had 6 pages, or was there more than one thread?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I heard Jinder Mahal is in the world title scene now

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

no titus so what

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

kinetic77 posted:

Such a poo poo show that the Raw thread only had 6 pages, or was there more than one thread?
It was taped and even losers like me who watched most of it couldn't be arsed to post much.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So they closed out the show last week with Wyatt flattening Balor and didn't even address it this week? They've really botched this Balor return huh

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna whoop your rear end, OP.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So...uhhhh...this show sounds bad. Should I just delete it from my DVR without even looking at it?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i am sad to report that goldust looked like poo poo tonight. part of me hopes that two-week fart of a storyline was an attempt at doing a retirement thing for him because, man, he looked bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drill out a hunk of my skull and force me to eat it even through shattering teeth if necessary. and then lets shop for manga and new day merchandise on the online.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Where has The Revival been? I thought they got called up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Queering Wheel posted:

Where has The Revival been? I thought they got called up.

Dash got his jaw broken so they're both out until it heals

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Trip Larsen posted:

It was taped and even losers like me who watched most of it couldn't be arsed to post much.

Yeah, being taped is why it bad *snort*

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Dash got his jaw broken so they're both out until it heals

That sucks :(

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's dumb, have Dawson carry the mantle in singles action until Dash is healed so he can hype their brand.

DoctorGonzo posted:

- Aleister Black def. Curt Hawkins (Main Event match)
I like how WWE is basically like "Yeah this guy's already got it. Let him skip all that other stuff."

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sticklefifer posted:

I like how WWE is basically like "Yeah this guy's already got it. Let him skip all that other stuff."

He's Dutch so I'm pretty sure they're just having him work main roster matches on the European Tour.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I wonder if Sheamus-Cesero are getting the revivals storyline/push

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Every time I look in one of these threads and see who the top three champions are I feel the urge to buy a newspaper to make sure I haven't jumped ten years back in time (I confirm this by the fact that I cannot buy a newspaper).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The crowd seemed to shift between complete silence and deafening noise, so I assume they were being muted? Except the crowd booing Roman was loud as gently caress and I figured that would be muted so... I don't know!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

The crowd seemed to shift between complete silence and deafening noise, so I assume they were being muted? Except the crowd booing Roman was loud as gently caress and I figured that would be muted so... I don't know!

Nah, I think whilst they, (WWE), are still booking Roman as the bestest strongest coolest biggest bowest wowest of dogs, in regards to crowd reaction they have decided to go with the "he gets the biggest reaction of the night", and "people are really passionate about him". "please buy a ticket so you too can come and boo this man" instead of tryinmg to pretend that anyone but Vince likes him.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stoped watching after Goddess Alexa segments and played persona 5 instead. I read that Sasha match was a trainwreck? SAD!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
6 pages of a discussion thread, holy moly. That's TNA-esque but interesting on a psychological level. Everyone seems to just like hate-watching RAW and when given the opportunity to read the results beforehand and skip the 3 hours entirely, almost everyone will jump on the possibility. RAW should go back to always being taped so everyone can break out of the downward spiral of spending 3 hours watching something they hate and just spend a minute reading results instead. I think it would improve everyone's mental well being.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DeepDickPizza posted:

So...uhhhh...this show sounds bad. Should I just delete it from my DVR without even looking at it?

this is what i did

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Thanks to the Raw spoilers telling me that Raw was going to be bad, I got some extra sleep and even got a run in before work. Thanks, raw spoilers.

In other news, Braun is out for a few weeks, now there's basically no reason to watch Raw right now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I watched The Leftovers season 2 and Better Call Saul

Next week I'm watching new MST3K. Gonna make the best of the Braun hiatus :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My schedule has changed so it's harder to watch Raw live right now, I didn't read the spoilers so I had no idea what to expect going in. Unfortunately what I got wasn't particularly compelling this week :(

Chris James 2 posted:

I watched ....... Better Call Saul

Goddamn that was an amazing episode though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

My schedule has changed so it's harder to watch Raw live right now, I didn't read the spoilers so I had no idea what to expect going in. Unfortunately what I got wasn't particularly compelling this week :(

Goddamn that was an amazing episode though.

Will you still be watching SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight as I will, friend? :)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Everyone is just going to read spoilers and not watch a minute of WWE programming this week.

It will be the happiest, friendliest, conflict-free WWE discussion thread in the history of the sport. A great weight has been lifted off our collective shoulders.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I caught up on sleep instead of watching most of Raw and I feel well rested!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I played Overwatch with Raw on in the background. This was a good way to watch Raw.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Under a year and a half away from contract expiration now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE Network doing a game show hosted by R-Truth. Season one to debut late summer/early fall

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE Network doing a game show hosted by R-Truth. Season one to debut late summer/early fall

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://youtu.be/lqURPBtGJzg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This will forever be my favorite WWE moment

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I had a free Redbox rental last night and watched Don't Breathe instead of Raw.

Turkey baster scene aside :stonk: I don't regret my decision.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Next week I'm watching new MST3K. Gonna make the best of the Braun hiatus :unsmith:

I couldn't make it through the second episode. I was mostly half watching it while I worked on other stuff, but I still kept finding myself constantly thinking "I wish these guys would just shut the gently caress up for two seconds"

Ended up binging old mst3k on YouTube

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/861975073682489350

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
and lo a reason to watch smackdown tonight descended from the heavens and his name was ruru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Clonfroggio is coming

• Locked thread