Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

what is wrong with that guy's nipples

seriously they're freakin me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pure Blaxplotiation posted:

Steve Scalise getting shot was a good thing and not a bad thing.

dear richard,
-the fbi

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
i need a break from all this winning

i mean im pretty much surrounded by decent people in my everyday life coworkers are fine familys tight friends make me laugh

its not a bubble or an illusion my real life is not make believe so where does all this evil come from

im having a legitimate unironic why cant we all just get along crisis here its not milk drinking cay crew bullshit this is trying to reconcile two discrete events of my last 24 hours

the first is taking my lily white caucasian cracker rear end teenage son to his favorite barbershop in madison wisconsin a city much like milwaukee that tries to hide its minority population like its something to be ashamed of but my boy likes going to a straight up black barbershop and i approve so thats where we went

we were the only white folk in there and it was cool one barber finished up and pointed his clippers at me all youre up and i was all no thanks just here with my boy then a short pause looked at myself in the mirror and admitted that yeah im shaggy as hell and desperately need a haircut and we laughed about it

the second is that four year old girl thinking she needed to calm her mom down to keep her alive because cops with guns were around

dear united states and turnip thread i could really use some good news about right now

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Not a cop, am dumb. From what I've been hearing lots of people are being shot by police but its only newsworthy if its a black person and a white cop. There was a guy who got stopped in a gas station lot, surrendered and another cop showed up and within 8 seconds of arriving shot him. But he was white so national outrage. Also there was a story of a cop ordering a guy out of his hotel room, had him lay on the floor and promptly shot him anyways, but while the victim was black the cop was hispanic so it didn't seem national newsworthy.

Still my first reaction to a video of a cop stopping someone for running plates and stopping people isn't to go 'RACISM' or 'WANT TO MURDER PEOPLE' but 'city wants cops to harass and ticket people' and i'm the rear end in a top hat.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
whew it's chilly out

*rubs hands together and holds them over takes*

aaaaah

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If enthusiastic consent is present and economics aren’t a part of it, have fun. When I was 19 I was in a relationship with a 28 year old woman. When I was 29 I was sleeping with a 48 year old woman. 

Sex is good and natural and should be enjoyed and we should be condemning sex only when coercive measures exist instead of making GBS threads on all sex that doesn’t match a sacred filter.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

source your quotes

Trump thread, tayne

I'm not listing that poo poo in AP format go use search or something :argh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Since it's at an all-time high, I decided to buy into bitcoin. Not the best timing, I know, but I was tired of waiting for it to hit a slump while watching it grow so fast.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cheese eats mouse posted:

I started investing in it last year and watch my profit transcribe from down to up but now instead create Binary Option Robot and start buy/sell automatically.

https://www.binary-option-robot.com/robot/

Did you write this bot? What tools did you use / what design process?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I would advise against but it's your money. There's been a massive spike in the last month or so, and those usually proceed an equally huge crash. (Plus it assumes the exchanges will let you cash out if things start crashing bad)

But, I'm not a bitcoin fan, so take it with a grain (mountain?) of salt.

I'm extremely conservative with my money, I assure you, and I think chances are very high that this will be an awesome rollercoaster. It's obv extremely volatile, but the trend is obvious, and there is a huge market that's been untapped, leaving huge upside potential.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

And if you look at said spike, compared to previous spikes, it's not that huge. Pretty much on par really.

Definitely a gamble of sorts, but I think it's not incredibly bad odds.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
BTC has increased 13% since I bought last night. It's insane. It'll go back down, probably to mid $9k's I would guess, but will then spike even higher again. Here's to hoping! All in all, it's a very small portion of my investments though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I would highly suggest a solid diversification strategy than buying bitcoin for your long term investment. I wouldn't invest anything into bitcoin that you aren't willing to lose.

Also you need to ask yourself, why is bitcoin going up? What typically determines the price of a currency like the Canadian dollar? Things like relative product price. monetary policy (in bitcoins case it's getting harder to mine so it's similar to a contractionary monetary policy)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some group is manipulating the market.

There are a lot of factors, most of which I don't understand, but I would say the fact that there will be a cap on the number of bitcoins mined, and the increasing popularity of using it for investment purposes, etc. are very large contributors.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

iajanus posted:

please tell me they are

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I post the screenshot because as much as fun as it is letting you guys puzzle over how ironic we're being you can't fully appreciate it without seeing that happen this morning in rl and then the market crashing four hours later

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

joining the local tech groups has so many more advantages beyond networking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

quote:

I want to pitch in my two cents here but I strongly recommend everyone landing on this thread actually take time and read through all the information out there.

It definitely won’t be the last time people are asking this question about Bitcoin being a bubble. The answer is: nobody knows at this point. To say something is in a bubble, one must have some idea of the fundamental value of an asset. Even stock market bubbles are hard to spot before the fact where we do have fundamental benchmarks like the price/earnings ratio, etc. What would be the fundamental value of Bitcoin? We purely operate off the demand curve here. And the demand is based on our expectations that Bitcoin can become the next world currency or the next gold, change the world via block chain technology, create opportunities for everyone to participate in the new kind of decentralized economy.

:thunk: