Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

this seems pretty meaningless given that virtually none of these countries on either side have stellar human rights records. there’s like a handful on China’s side I guess that are pretty good recently

it's more that one would think at the very minimum you'd see at least one major Muslim nation not actively supporting China's system if it was actually a Muslim ethnic cleansing.

Also obvious joke about how countries like, say, France treat their Muslim population making their condemning seem a bit hollow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

So you're saying that all the evidence of human rights abuses in China is coming from David Frum? All eyewitnesses are making up their testimony because they love American hegemony? The question of truth exists independently of the goals of policymakers.

What's so wild about an imperialist state eliminating an ethnic minority in order to open up territory to settle on? Is there an imperialist state that hasn't done that?

it's not David Frum but it is that weird pervert German who runs a group dedicated to 'bringing Christianity' to China that's running most of the reports that have the most dramatic results.

You can say China is probably being authoritarian and heavy-handed to its minority groups and also question why the 'genocide' language is so important to certain groups internationally.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

paul_soccer12 posted:

i mean the ccp loving sucks just putting that out htere

correct, CCP bad, but that doesn't mean they're doing literally everything that would be bad to do.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

China trying to do Capitalism But Not As Exploitative isn't good imo, but I don't think acquiring mineral rights and giving out development loans with terms favorable to the borrowing countries is imperialism

yea, I don't think belt and road thinking is very good longterm for a state supposed to be communist and all but that's not 'imperialism' that's just yet another page in the 'Communism With Chinese Characteristics basically means Communism with Capitalism as a treat' file.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Homeless Friend posted:

who tf reads dr seuss as a bedtime story :stare:

yea who the gently caress reads their kid a silly book they can turn their brains off and listen to funny words until they drift off to? What kind of weird alien poo poo is that???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

V. Illych L. posted:

my sympathy for markle and prince harry is extremely limited, but they do keep picking their enemies in such a way that i find myself rooting for them all the same

yea on one hand I truly do not care if the wealthy and famous actress got slightly snubbed by one of her fleet of servants and you can't make me think it's in any way on the level of what 99% of the black population in America and Europe faces...buuuuuuuut on the other it's making all these perverts angry about the honor of the pedophile cabal in charge of their TERF island so that kinda owns.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

christmas boots posted:

They're just straight up threatening her at this point

https://twitter.com/Sunshinedepriv1/status/1368559112448000001

lol this loving owns, I love how these people are so not used to ever having anyone question them they can't even do the typical sneaky mob boss shakedown language and instead just go for "HEY BITCH REMEMBER HOW WE HAD YOUR MOM KILLED??? THINK ABOUT IT!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

what mistake are they saying he made

having opinions

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
eh Harry and Meghan have shown no desire to DO anything, it makes them the best royals because they want to just gently caress off to their mansion but let's not go crazy and say there's any signs of them actually using their obscene wealth to go against their own class interests and all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this is actually a completely accurate read of the american revolution, half their grievances were 'you're not applying english commonwealth law properly to us'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean it was in the sense that the sugar smugglers were v. angry that the crown was making their profits slightly thinner so in that way I'll have to Snopes this with a 'mixed', you're correct, but I want to be a smug rear end in a top hat and add my own opinion anyway :smug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol these are also those dudes who tried to make 'trans people are inherently counterrevolutionary because...something something hrt costing resources and invading women's spaces and hey we're brittish have you figured that out yet from our blinding hate of trans people out of nowhere?' a thing. Absolute loving cops.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
speaking of timing I do love that finding out that wretched 'Brooklyn Dad' account was literally a paid DNC op came like a day or so after ML twitter had a whole 'you can't call everyone shady an op it makes us look like conspiracy nuts'. Like, yea maybe but also there are a poo poo ton of really stupid ops!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

in that very article in fact

oh was it? Well gently caress me then shoulda known the brits couldn't stop reminding us they hate trans people and just squeeze it into everything they can

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that sady doyle was paid on the dl by the hillary campaign to post

yea I don't blame anyone thinking 'wait, it sounds really stupid for a major national scale campaign to pay some idiot to say 'Bernie reminds me of my abusive father when he waves his hand around ergo voting for him is doing trauma to me' to an audience of people who already are 100% loyal to that campaign...' because it is but it happened and here we are.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
at this point the black flag should autocorrect to a thin blue line flag

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

because anarchists are either dumb or cops or both and they were trying to spin it as 'ah so you approve of THE STATE using force against political enemies? Interesting...' kinda implications without actually outright saying anything

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

the problem is you don’t have to be cia to do cia poo poo

that in fact is the entire point of ops, yea. It's not that literally every black flag is a cop, it's that a poo poo ton of their 'thought leader' types 100% are and they make these randos who think anarchism means supporting christo-fascist coups.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
even if you believe it was done with noble intent the idea that the same staff who told us we don't need masks and actually would be selfish and mean to 'take' them being the exact same one who tells us 'actually maybe you need two masks, and goggles, and shields' is absurd. Everyone involved should have stepped down just out of embarrassment at that point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flesh Forge posted:

looking at a package of cheapass paper masks that are what I use because I am a dirty poor
"DESIGNED IN THE USA"

"DISTRIBUTED BY SHITASS COMPANY, NJ"

those two things literally mean 'we outsourced manufacturing' that's exactly why they say everything BUT 'made in the USA'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So the dude who shot the spas up apparently posted poo poo about China lying about covid and blah blah blah so it does sadly seem to be anti-asian hate behind this.

The reason I post here is every single Chinese or Asian voice I've seen online going 'and this is why I'm genuinely worried about poo poo like the bipartisan assault on China and Biden taking a hardline stance just to show he's tough and all' have been met with 'ah but TRUMP called it 'china virus' so this is HIS fault actually'. So, ya know, get ready for that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Victory Position posted:

I'm sorry, but what is a golliwog

just a normal not racist thing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Didn't Kamala become VP because Klob let killer cops go and Pete was too much of a wiener? Did the twitter mob play a role in getting her the job? I guess Biden chose her for the same reason twitter's wine moms made her their parasocial black friend--she's inoffensive to the liberal sensibility and most things can be projected onto her.

kinda, Biden was already really hard on the 'I'll pick a minority VP' as a sop to the idpol crowd so Klob and Pete were already likely low on the list, and then he switched to saying it'd be a woman too so that killed Pete, but yea the Floyd stuff and revealing Klob let killer cops go killed any chance she had.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

does china actually give a poo poo about any of this or is it just the US stoking poo poo up for no reason

Not really, unless we start actively loving their poo poo up China's probably going to stick to their Belt and Road focused plan of 'let's just build our sphere of influence up here and let the west do their thing, they're still buying our poo poo so who cares'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is 'MLs hate sex workers' a thing? Is that a stereotype I've missed?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

a lot of Very Online MLs get really mad about sex workers saying they’d like to continue their profession under communism because VOMLs think it doesn’t provide anything of value to society

yea I can see that being a dumb thing some would try to make an ML argument out of, just was hoping it was just Lenin-Slut-420 doing it and not some actual group, glad to see it was.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

now THAT'S a spicy meatball!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Milo and POTUS posted:

Now this is impressive

yea this thread got watered down with generic @NotACopAnarchist tweeting "Actually Marx was a white supremacist and if you ask me to elaborate that's assault" poo poo but boy howdy is that a true nuclear take

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'll literally never forget a Chinese friend's mother talking to me as a kid, finding out I was Jewish, asking if my family worked in finance (they didn't), then asking if I was good at math or science. When I said I was alright at science she seemed genuinely happy to hear that and just kinda nodded happily and straight up told my friend in front of me I was 'good to have around'.

I'm not gonna say it's not antisemitism to speak to a Jewish kid like that, but boy is it a nicer form than when another friend's dad called me 'the little kike'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

what?

WHAT?!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LionArcher posted:

I've never heard the term pink washing in my life. And I've been around some insufferable progressives in the last few years.

pinkwashing usually means poo poo like a corporation making some pointless symbolic gesture as if that's a sign of moral and virtue while still doing evil poo poo. It kinda started being a 'thing' when talking about Komen for the Cure poo poo like painting a literal fracking machine pink during breast cancer month, and since then it's become 'rainbow washing' for pride poo poo and I've seen 'black washing' for 'here at Capital One we believe in BLM' poo poo.

I...have no idea what that freak's talking about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pirate Radar posted:

I think what he’s referring to is that people try to tout Israel as a progressive and accepting country with regard to LGBT issues, to contrast it against its neighbors, in a bid to get LGBT westerners to see Israel as the “good guy”; he thinks this is good and right, and that LGBT Jews should all be proud of “their country” and support whatever other poo poo it’s doing

ooooh

hey fun game with those guys, ask where he suggests us gays get married in Israel

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not So Fast posted:

You'd think Boris would be for passing no-fault divorce given how often he needs one.

wait does england not have no-fault divorce?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the raw power in 'sure I'd love if those kids didn't get slaughtered, but what were we gonna do, NOT slaughter kids???? Grow up.'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean transhumanism has a real problem with most of its founders being fascists so yea not much value there

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well on one hand you have the Ukrainian Jews who said Makhno was perfectly fine with pogroms and the black army sure loved focusing on Jews, even fellow anarchist Jews, as targets despite him 'trying' with such bold statements as 'maybe don't rob the peaceful Jews'.

On the other you have people post-hoc saying 'how could he be bigoted, he loved Kropotkin' and 'well they weren't literally as bad as the white army sooooo'.

Real thinker, this one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

They can burn a few Jewish villages. As a treat.

whomst among us hasn't done some LIGHT ethnic clensing?

Okay wow that's a lot more hands than I expected.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/1530732600079310849?s=20&t=dWIFJWLkcHnI25Eu7eLhlw

Breaking out the AR-15 to shoot varmints?

at least just say it's fun to shoot.

this is why I hate ~gun discourse~ so much because I 100% respect 'I have a handgun for self defense and my big shooty guns are because it's fun to make the gun go brr on targets' more than these elaborate 'I need five different ARs for self defense because what if the boar I'm hunting runs through a body armor factory and gets covered in five layers of Kevlar, do you want my family to get gored????' acts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cop con 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

i feel like it’s an important detail here that like 90-95% of the actual azov battalion has been fuckin dead for months at this point after the Russians blew up a factory they were using as barracks, and while there are other nazis in the Ukrainian armed forces for sure A) that’s true of every armed force on the planet (including Russia) B) the ones left aren’t nearly as organized and unified into a subgroup the way azov was

Right Sector and other local level militias still exist, to the point where Right Sector is able to organize lynch mobs to go beat up members of Zelensky-unfriendly political parties and force them to kneel and apologize to Bandara.