Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

rudatron posted:

it's an especially hypocritical piece, because the right is absolutely now in the thrall of out-right racists and white nationalists, with gestapo ICE and all, so even the suggestion of 'well we're doing our part' is horse-poo poo on its face

Yeah but have you considered that white nationalism is no longer considered extreme?

The right has nothing to police. :smaug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I do love the argument that “the Confederacy had popular support”.

That sure checks out with 39% of the population in chains. :thunk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Platystemon 🔷 @ Platystemon

Just sat down with my dinner to rewatch #Roseanne. @hulu has removed all the episodes. We’ve reached peak-Hitler.

23:16 - 30 May 2018

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Celebrating?

Actually, he was just sayin’.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
So men are actually trans women?

:thunk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The absolute best case scenario is that Trump gives the North Koreans everything they want.

Best case scenario is the dictators swap places.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Canada sent Nickelback, Justin Bieber, and the Zodiac.

When Canada sends its people, they’re not sending the best.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Percelus posted:

you forget their worst export of late, jordan peterson

Post horrible Canadians ITT.

I know I am forgetting many.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Sodomy” is often assumed to be anal sex but as the law exists in most places, it’s anything that isn’t penis in vagina.

Blowjobs are sodomy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Frog Act posted:

this subreddit for asian men in the west who loving hate white guys who date asian women is full of hot political takes

https://www.reddit.com/r/EasternSunRising/

The Asian supremacy community on Reddit is disturbing (but what isn’t?).

“An avenue for race-based depopulation by the military.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump is as evil as any past president. He just lacks the will and skill to act on most of his vile desires.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sure, I was just going off the claim that he lacks the will.

Tunicate posted:

you mean the charisma

I mean willpower.

He lacks the stamina. He’s low energy kind of guy. Sad!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

There are necessary things, and then there are “very necessary” things :hmmyes:

Uhh, impeaching Trump? I’m not sure you’re phrasing this right, buddy.

This ain’t exactly a choice between Charybdis and Scylla.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Take HR back to its roots of IQ testing employees to keep out blacks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I wish.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DancingShade posted:

This vehicle needs speakers on the roof blaring out the national anthem while the driver has one arm locked in a permanent salute.

The horn plays “Hail to the Chief”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jose posted:

i have no idea whats going on in this but i think this is the right thread

https://twitter.com/COINCELPRO/status/1024122149030768640

quote:

I’m a 38 year old man who attracts 30 year olds

Politifact has rated this statement: mostly false

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“there are more than two … [lists two names]”

:thunk:

Is his point “actually they’re not the only people in history to have the surname ‘Koch’”?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mandoric posted:

how does a literal infant get 45yo pizza chain franchisee face like that

Incest.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Democrats should support Kavanaugh because it gets my article clicks and will help senpai notice me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think you will find that ICE abuse cases started in 2003.

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/T_FisherKing/status/1026958087918370816

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Same goes for moustaches, but no one is soapboxing against them. :thunk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

freckle posted:

how old is that picture of her?

How old was Dorian Grey’s?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Whenever someone says “we need more engineers in government”, point out that Hoover was an engineer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Why would anybody have a problem with a woman of their own race marrying men of other races? :thunk:

Because they’re loving racist?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I survived 9/11

by not being within a thousand leagues of the hijacked airliners.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m p. sure there are institutions whose members have sexually abused precisely zero minors.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh poo poo I got outplayed.

I just realised that the statement can be read to mean they have no problem with the sexual abuse of minors as in “gently caress all the kids you want. We’re totally cool with it.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Teal posted:

Why do American catholics seem to be far more insane and less self aware than the European ones?

They see the evangelical boot stamping on America and aspire to one day be that boot.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You’ve got to love how she jumps straight to “the n‐word”.

“I’m not currently persecuted to the extent where I have any specific insult levelled against me, but I aspire to one day be hated as much as the champs.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Is it really shadow banning, or is “shadow” just thrown in because it sounds sinister?

It’s not going to take long for anyone shadowbanned on Twitter to notice that they get zero responses, likes, or retweets.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ssilversmith posted:

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a lovely head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Teal posted:

I like how his favorite idea of a feudalist peacekeepers is a force that was basically proto-fascist

He loves that part, too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
More like “Taki Paedocopulos”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_pretenders

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Women should wear long sleeves when welding. :can:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Helmets can save a person’s noggin even in situations that don’t involve motor vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We have literally zero accounts from murder victims.

I guess we’ll never know if murder is bad.