Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Pacific Dim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Not sure it's a sound investment for Lego to own Wheaton.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
That twitter account is cheating. First time I heard of the guy they were blaming the NZ shooting on Corbyn. They also seem wildly preoccupied with "Saudiphobia" and other similarly brilliant concepts.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism posted:

Historically speaking, the term "neoconservative" refers to those who made the ideological journey from the anti-Stalinist left to the camp of American conservatism during the 1960s and 1970s.

:commissar:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
"Better to be a Chad in Hell than a Virgin in Heaven." - Satan

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
My hot take is that space sucks for humans and there's no point sending them there in any long-term capacity.

Also transhumanists are silly because death from old age just isn't that big of a deal.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
His Batman v Superman review certainly feels like it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Evangelicals will argue gays cause tornadoes by angering God. Catholics are more serious minded: they'll say being gay is spiritually the same sort of thing as climate change because both are Man's hubris upsetting the natural order.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Colonialism has brokebrained us into thinking the world is a welcoming playground when the reality is space is incredibly more hostile to life than anything on Earth and any settlement would be a fuckoff expensive project terminally dependent on resource flows from the motherland. This will stay true until our tech is basically magic.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

exmarx posted:

the problem with uploading your brain is that it's impossible, because your brain isn't a computer

That's why the hot new thing is to desperately want reality itself to be a computer simulation.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hear me out here - the rich do the most damage to people they barely know (and/or who work for them), them being nice to kids in their class doesn't mean jack.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember The Prestige. That movie was pretty cool

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Narrator: He doesn't mean it that way.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1117816683476000770

e:

COMRADES posted:

That cathedral was a nice building and all but kinda lol at the people super upset by it. gently caress the Catholic church what do I care if they had the crown of thorns in Notre-Dame (guess what they didn't)? Maybe this is god's punishment for that retired pope claiming the child rape was the fault of hippies in the 60s.

Maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat.

It's almost nine hundred years old, you philistine.

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Apr 15, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Les Prises Chaudes

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Macron is thoroughly bourgeois, if there's something he's not gonna be "disrespectful" about it's Catholic chic.

OTOH, he just announced he wants it rebuilt in five years. Better hope the repairs need less than that or the pressure to do it quick and cheap will be insane.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He'll take a hike around the country and sleeps on the cold hard floor of every place of worship on his path, it's the rule.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

KillerQueen posted:

I know nothing about snakes. They're the ones with the legs, right?

They used to until that incident with the tree.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

christmas boots posted:

can snakes get fat

ask ur mom :agesilaus:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
My ideal job interview combines a highly scientific method of measuring the precise hue of people's aura along with just grilling them on their favorite pairings among Hannah Barbera characters.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Both types have always existed, the former just gives cover to the latter.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I think Tarot imagery can be rad in fictional settings and that's about it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
"I could paint that!" but for being Zizek. Guess who:

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1121012457051426822

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I've done some thorough research and come up with this explanation:

Imagine how tall white men would be if not for the Christian Dark Ages.

e: On a different (musical) note:

https://twitter.com/MusicologyDuck/status/1121105213128048641

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Apr 26, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Someone posted an extensive analysis of the sketch for the comedically challenged:

https://twitter.com/WilliamBibbiani/status/1121705051007832064

But it's possible Smith just didn't notice the cowbell in the first place, a lot of people didn't somehow.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I like people explaining basic concepts behind a craft. :shrug: "Don't explain the joke" seems to me to be the comedy equivalent of people super anal about spoilers.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol @ people talking that much about a white people joke

It's like the old blog StuffWhitePeopleLike, a good part of the material was really "stuff hipsters like", "stuff everyone does", etc.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think incels think they gently caress dogs as even they wouldn’t admit dogs are better than them

The trick is to understand that they're constantly ruminating humiliating scenarios to keep their hate pure. They're looking for the most degrading things they can think of and deciding out of nowhere that women must surely do it in secret, laughing all the way about deceiving innocent males. The punchline is -always- "bitches would rather go through these hoops than gently caress you". It also does the trick of explaining that even if some normal guy finds a girlfriend or wife, he's still secretly being humiliated, proving incels right that there's no way to win.

Insurprisingly interracial cuckoldry is among the incels' greatest hits, considering that baseline they're already racists as hell.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Which supermarket object is Chaotic Female?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Sometimes a stick is just a stick.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
That vid of shirtless Jon singing with Wildlings was pretty cool tho.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
See, this is why you keep a guillotine handy for these special occasions.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Personally I'm thankful to Don Bluth for making the subtext of every Disney princess movie explicit.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The dude was basically LARPing Merlin.

And Lancelot too.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Endless ranks of Men of Steel as far as the eye can see.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Just say the lot of you like a normal person.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
yall guys

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Fu Manchu reimagined as an anti-hero would own though.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I can't even think of a movie or tv show where the Chinese are the bad guys. "recently" lmao

Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

KiteAuraan posted:

There is a small, small, small chance that GURM gets off his rear end and finishes the books.

He should hand it over to Rowling, that way everyone is happy.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

christmas boots posted:

It doesn't even matter since GRRM has sworn that when he dies his wife will burn all of his notes and books

He should kill two birds with one stone and make it a viking funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Bogus Adventure posted:

This totally worked for Virgil

And Kafka.