Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im excited to see what nintendo will announce and also to see how sony tops the orchestra from last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

Am I being dumb for getting my hopes up on a DOOM single player expansion?

It feels like they would have announced it six months ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doom got a permanent 50% price cut at one point because so many copies were sold so id imagine they gonna do doom2 but its too early unless its like a glorified level pack that outgrew being dlc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

I'm extremely glad that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is seeing the light of day after 2 years of complete silence. I loving love Vanillaware.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-appear-e3-2017

cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intoluene posted:

Will this year finally be the one that announces a Kingdom Hearts 3 release date? :ohdear:

Rumors in the past few weeks put it as march/april 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I want the shaving robot from The Game Awards to show up at e3.

He has a shaving wife too now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox 2017 or xbox elite 2017.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AutomaticPrince posted:

Devolver Digital just announced they will be having a press conference at E3. Kinda cool for a predominantly "indie" studio.

they should run it like a flaming lips show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

buglord posted:

Does an incredibly depressing kart racer (or hell, even racing game) exist?

Pyramid head is in a kart racer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Splatoon 2 seems like its gonna have a lot more single player focus

Arms looks better than first impression but i'm not excited by 1v1 matches having health and bombs fall randomly like smash and that one power that blinds the opponent is going to be really annoying. Looks like it has tons of content though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

half life three is in ascii art with a 40 minute campaign and they just email it to all steam accounts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not gonna happen until they are as hopeless for positive media attention as ms circa 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumors are that its not strictly a zombie game that theres more going on there, but the source is the kinda funny guys who claim to know people at the studio and idk how credible their unsourced podcast talk is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man nurse posted:

Nintendo is going to inaugurate the release of VC titles on Switch with the surprise release of Mother 3, available RIGHT NOW.

On wiiu in japan!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

That stuff is on its way out, thank goodness. But I see it being replaced by Battle Royale-style games. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds shows that there's a market for those kind of games and I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of those pop-up. It's only a matter of time before a big Publisher jumps on that bandwagon. Seems like a perfect fit for Ubisoft. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a multiplayer mode for a Far Cry game.

Hard to have 100 players on a p2p connection when ubi goes cheap

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumors were that kh3 was gonna be 2018 or early 2019. Ffvii only just advertised for a battle designer so expect it to be cross platform ps5/ps6

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah that was because they didn't sell very well and Final Fantasy did

Yeah deus ex sold less than half of human revolution and hitman couldnt even do over 650,000 copies on steam so square said "hmm instead of putting endings in our games or releasing them when they are finished, lets just not make them"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The remake also has the eternal problem of the fact that no matter whether or not the new battle system works out, there will still be a large section of people upset they didn't stick to turn-based. Like they wanted basically FF7, but with the most advanced graphics possible, but with the same game-play they remember, but also the game-play is improved enough to feel like a AAA modern game.

A fully open-world and totally linear experience w/carefully crafted set pieces.

Not only that but like when cloud doesnt talk the way they imagined at age 13 they are gonna flip

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GoneRampant posted:

Fuckin' hell Squeenix. You bring back two of my favorite franchises from the early 2000s in Deus Ex and Hitman (And Thief, but that game caused me more harm than Pol Pot's reign in Cambodia), make them really good... then kill them so you can cover the costs of your over-budget, over-hyped Japan projects that have been in development now for years.

The newest deus ex was like 1/3rd of the games story, they had a terrible preorder campaign, a bad microtransaction scheme, and a useless vr mission mode instead of more content. The dlc levels were obviously removed from the game too. They hosed the game up extremely badly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crabtree posted:

When the gently caress is that western release of Monster hunter stories?!

Japan didnt like it i heard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Right i was tempering hype to make the wait bearable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sam Faust posted:

Do you remember anything in general about what they didn't like about it?

People said it sold terrible

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SE told investors that they are gonna shift final fantasy and other major series to games as service model releases despite failing to make that work with their western ips last year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Because despite a ton of Giant Bomb videos it sold about a sixth the amount of Absolution.

Life is Strange has outsold it.

Yeah it sold like 640k copies on steam despite 8 months of constant coverage from every game site

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodysabbath posted:

SE has such an incredible lineup of IPs and it's kind of insane they can't find a way to make things like Deus Ex, Hitman, or Thief work financially. I think they also were underwhelmed by Tomb Raider's sales even though it revitalized a dead rear end joke franchise into GOTY conversations. Looking forward to SE exclusively releasing freemium FF games by 2027 with the rest of their IP appearing only on pachinko machines.

They should have gone mid tier on deus ex and thief, put them out on pc with console ports later if they caught on. Going all in on these franchises seems foolish in hindsight, doubly so with deus ex where they couldnt even be bothered to finish the game after spending so much to plan a trilogy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

Honestly don't they actually make more money off console ports? The playerbase on xbox/playstation is so far larger that most games sell well on the consoles by default. Especially during the first month, which we know is already the most important.

My thinking is that its extra cost that leads to even more unrealistic sales expectations, especially for a series that has been known as a pc game first with questionable interest on console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

All i want at e3 is new game announcements

Only sony understands this

Ms packing their show with 10 topics; hardware, subscription service, the same tired games since 2014, and some new games punctuated with embarrassing executive speeches is always a dog turd feast.

Sony 2016 e3 and psx were just hype hype hype

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psychedelicatessen posted:

How do you feel about Ubisoft at E3?

Its good comedy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

Has there been any actual news on crackdown since that teaser years back

Last week it was confirmed for crossbuy with pc but thats it. A 2015 gamescom developer open house video with over the shoulder devkit footage and recycled tech demo stuff from the 2014 announcement was all weve seen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

Hey guys

Whatever happened to Cuphead?

Ms forced them to expand scope, feedback on expanded scope was bad, prompting an overhaul, now hype is dead and nobody cares unless it comes out and is a 10/10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

When was that?

From 07 to 10 xbox was cooler than ps but then it got really lame extremely fast and i cant think of an interesting 360 exclusive after like 2011 or so that i really like as much as the playstation output since 2010

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

It's been a long time but does Sony still have such a grasp on Destiny that Microsoft can't even legally market it on Xbox? I remember back in the day they did that perfume ad about Destiny and got in poo poo for it.

Yes they are the marketing platform and are getting exclusive content that wont be on pc or xbox

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nms' disaster release was way funnier than getting no game at all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

ARMS is a new IP. They're literally coming up with a brand new IP and it comes out in like two weeks.

He probably objects to nintendo trying to copy the splatoon formula in other genres instead of making more diverse things:

Bright color 3rd person
Singular theme taken as far as it can go: paint/arms
Vs focused
Etc.

But this is business son. They gotta play the hot hand

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

I don't think that's copying the splatoon formula at all. Like those are 3 incredibly broad things

Im saying hes dumb, just translating

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

new nintendo IPs in the last few years

Pushmo
Splatoon
Xenoblade
ARMS
Codename STEAM
Tomodachi Life
Snipperclips
Ever Oasis
Sakura Samurai

if you want to include exclusives that Nintendo published: Wonderful 101, Pocket Card Jockey, Boxboy, Harmoknight, Dillon's Rolling Western, Bravely Default and Tokyo Mirage Sessions

E3 is not usually the home of new IP reveals though unless it is just a small part of a larger presentation or an indie dev. E3 is usually The Sequel Zone

You forgot devils third

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

Please stop reinforcing the stupid only dumb babies play Nintendo stereotype with posts like these. I said the exact opposite.

What?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rockstar will have its own event 6 months from launch and get huge hype articles written in the tech section of every website

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

This will be unlikely, but I hope they announce a new sports game. :ohdear:

I would totally buy nhl 95 remastered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KoB posted:

They just recently announed theyre working on an original IP and plan to start self publishing small titles.

Yeah they have worked for years to maje other companies money with no thanks or characters of their own to show for it.

Same reason why from is unlikely to print money for bandai namco with a dark souls 4.

They want to own what they work on

• Locked thread