Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I only care about Cyberpunk 2077 this year, but I'm most exited for the time honored trends of:

-surprise performance from washed out/has-been singer that no one actually listens to

-shooter demo where players go on stage and pretend like they're in actual war when talking to their teammates

-weird insinuations about *gamers* that shows how disconnected higher-ups are about anything. why yes, i need to drink my gamer fuel because I demand maximum performance

-calling any hardware sexy

-something just as incredible, although probably never as memorable, as #girlwood

-nintendo winning E3 by default because unlike the others, they kept it real the entire time
--

im missing more, i know it. either way I'm very, shamelessly excited to experience this cringe-a-minute poop festival with all of you on the E3 chat threads.

buglord fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
wait sony used kickstarter? lol what

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Whats the deal with the PS Vita nowadays? I forget it exists except during the few times I walk into a Gamestop or watch E3. I remember it being incredibly rare to see in the wild back in like, 2012. Since then I've seen countless 3DS's by people of all demographics, but still only seen one Vita owned by that one weird person who had it in 2012. I feel like Sony could try if they wanted to, but the console (?) seems like it was always some sort of hobby project they'd work on when it was a slow day.

Polo-Rican posted:

Playstation All-Stars was so dire that it single-handedly turned me off of the Sony brand forever. I had a ps3 and enjoyed it, but now I'm a happy PC + Nintendo person and All-Stars is completely responsible for that.
What was so offensively bad about it? It seemed like an incredibly uninspired clone at worst. Was Sony promising they'd actually try?

Phantasium posted:

The plot is, the soldiers from OG motherbase get sucked into a portal and have to fight zombies.

I'm not making that up. That's also about all that's known.
The trailer is painfully generic too. Who knows though. If it kept all the fluid gameplay and such from MGSV it could be a fun shooter survival base building game with a thin coat of MGS on top, but more likely it'll be a dumpster fire and I'm putting money on that until proven otherwise. Spiritually, I'm considering Death Stranding to be next Metal Gear since the trailers reveal its already Kojima's new love child.

buglord fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 15, 2017

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

New Naughty Dog kart racer.
Please don't get me excited for this because we both know it's going to only cause me pain when it never gets announced :smith:

Also ever since the Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3 games had their remasters announced, I have had periodic dreams about playing them in wonderful 1080p.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Cuntellectual posted:

Looking forward to The Fast Of Us.

Does an incredibly depressing kart racer (or hell, even racing game) exist?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that what one of the leaks made it sound like. basicaly the far cry 5 baddies ar a mix of weird extremist christian sect mixed with doomsday prepper/right wing milltia. its ubisoft so its a toss up if it will happen or not buy i kinda hope for some real hosed up poo poo and dont hold back on religious extremism.

mildly excited. It'll probably be really tame and whatever but I'd like to see where it goes.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
tSo do the weird dancing/interactive magic storybook games ever perform well? I've watched E3 for about 4 years now and that seems to be a constant thing. On one hand I think maybe E3 is advertising these games so they sell better, but on the other, I don't think people who buy Just Dance 9 watch E3.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Mr President posted:

Upon merely the suggestion that Crash Bandicoot might be coming back got Miyamoto to start sweating.

As long as naughty dog develops it. It stopped being a naughty dog game with Crash Bash, the last PS1 title. Then it just went to garbage in the PS2 era. I'd consider a PS4 if the series was successfully revitalized.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I'm gonna fist fight everyone here who talks trash about Crash Bandicoot.

watch your backs

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

JUST LIKE IN THE GAME (no actually the part where you can roam around in a Jeep wrangler)

wrong kiddo, that was in the PS2 game (which kinda majorly sucked)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Mr President posted:

The console wars are over. Sony announces the Crash Bandicoot/Ratchet & Clank bundle with 1 TB PlayStation 4 Slim.

I'd unironically get this :ohdear:

though I think ratchet and clank is sorta a weak offering but whatever

• Locked thread