Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spiderman, Dad of War, and the obligatory progress video on Death Stranding will all be cool and good. Looking forward to Sony once again making GBS threads on everything else. I'm also looking forward to the 2-hour long Mario conference.

Have to wonder what Bethesda has going for it. Arkane is done for a while now that both games are out, no idea what id is doing, and I don't think Todd Howard is working on a new Fallout/Elder Scrolls. Have to think it boils down to Wolfenstein and Evil Within. Unless they announce they are buying Deus Ex from Square and handing it to Arkane then idk what else happens here.

Scorpio will be embarrassing because Microsoft has zero loving interesting games for it. They had a loving exclusive Hideki Kamiya game and they hosed that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd bet money it's legit Wolfenstein: Colossus and Evil Within 2: Hopefully Stable

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kirios posted:

Am I being dumb for getting my hopes up on a DOOM single player expansion?

I'd welcome a DOOM expansion with arms WIDE open

I'd also welcome a Dishonored 2 DLC expansion

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm extremely glad that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is seeing the light of day after 2 years of complete silence. I loving love Vanillaware.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-appear-e3-2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lets hang out posted:

????????????????????????????????????????

lol wow maybe they took it off, this is bizarre. sites have been reporting it with screenshots all month from what I've seen and they must have recently took it off.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

:eyepop:

Intoluene posted:

Will this year finally be the one that announces a Kingdom Hearts 3 release date? :ohdear:

LOL

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if all Bethesda revealed was a DOOM expansion DLC it'd be an A+ show

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

My one wish is that Bethesda announces a new fallout game. Fallout Online.

jesus they can barely hold together and offline game, I can't imagine fallout being online. it'd be an even worse (if possible) version of those battlegrounds/dayZ fuckfests

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Any chance of Suda 51 presenting live for Nintendo again? I want to see him, "As god as my witness", break the translator in half.

if there is a god then Suda51 will be a keynote speaker on one of their Directs. I'm so happy he was important enough to get screen time at their show in January.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait to be shown one thing, then a year later get a hunchbacked hosed up version of it with AIDS and microtransactions #girlwood

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The tactics gameplay sounds cool but there was no reason why Rabbids had to be shoved in. Why not use something, anything else, like loving Rayman even would have been better.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mordja posted:

Ding ding ding!

Dead gay forumites are not their target audience.

an XCOM mario game aimed at children, what could go wrong!?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people still look forward to AC games?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jesus christ they loving put Deus Ex and Hitman on ice for this loving poo poo. Three loving years.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This game exists and is called Titanfall.

Not really big on reaction vids but this video is absolutely great.

The 40 year old dude losing his poo poo in front of his kids. :laffo:

People lose their mind over this loving game, it's hilarious. On an abstract level it's like people don't even want the real game they just want to forget life for a minute and hope the world is a good place where golden dreams come true and we all won't end in nuclear fire.

Like half of the reactions are people screaming NO NO NO NONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO while pissing their pants. I'm pretty sure the only other media property that simultaneously freaks multiple generations of people out like this is Star Wars.

I wonder if all those people knew they'd have to wait like 4 to 5 more years for part 1 of a 3 part game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

i guess the stealth genre is dead in AAA isn't it. like.. last year you'd think that it was on the rise, with Dishonored 2, MGS5, Hitman, Deus Ex: MD, now three of those franchises are dead or practically dead. and Assassins Creed has always been garbage as a stealth game so it coming back doesn't mean much

Kinda sad cause there's not really a gameplay experience quite like dishonored/DE:MD where you have so much verticality in maps, so many routes, and the option to ghost or to just run through guns blazing. or hitman where there's so many different ways to achieve a goal.

I'm pretty sure Dishonored isn't "dead," it's just complete. As long as Harvey Smith is still alive and at Arkane they'll continue to make Deus Ex-esque games, just give them a few years since both studios at Arkane just got done releasing stuff.

Desu Ex and Hitman were good, they just were saddled with a poo poo-tier producer and got iced, same with MGS5. Somebody will eventually fill in the blanks and make a new IP or idea for the genre--just not this year. Past 2 years were kind to the genre so we have a down year for it now. Personally I'd love it if Klei stopped making lovely survival games and got going with Mark of the Ninja or something.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/05/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shifts-toward-internal-development/

The FF7 remake seems to have officially fallen into the same tarpit of development hell that Square RPGs seem to keep falling into into ever since FF12's troubled development.

I wouldn't even expect it to show up this E3 at all as a result, let alone release on the PS4.

Shemune 3 is also confirmed to not be present this E3 at all (their explanation is they're too busy focusing on game development to bother with E3), and with the Last Guardian being a mediocre game upon release I guess that 100% confirms that Sony's 2015 E3 conference was basically nothing but kicking one piece of vaporware out the door and replacing it with another two. At least Horizon: Zero Dawn came out and lived up to the hype.

yeah unfortunately 2015's presentation is laughable in retrospect but the stuff they showed last year ---God of War, Spiderman, among other stuff--seems way more on track to release in the next year or so, or at least by next spring.

It's gonna be funny when Death Stranding comes out before any of those other games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how long has Kingdom Hearts 3 been in production? FF15 took like what, 8 years and several iterations, and it was obvious by chapters 8-13 of that game that it limped to the finish line. How is this company so loving bad at game production when everyone else can get poo poo done in 2-3 years?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr President posted:

They got worked up over a huge fraud.

"OH MY GOD ITS SHENMUE THAT GAME NOBODY EVER PLAYED ON DREAMCAST BUT EVERYONE ALWAYS GETS NOSTALGIC ABOUT!!!" *Announces Shenmue 3 kickstarter* *people poor in life savings to kickstarter* *Yu Suzuki pockets money and keeps doing whatever he has been doing since leaving Sega* *People forget about Shenmue again*

"OH MY GOD SQUARE IS SHOWING A CGI TRAILER FOR FF7! Square has certainly learned from all there previous mistakes and will release this game in a timely manner and it will surely live up to all your hopes and dreams.

I can't believe people thought that conference was the year of dreams when 2016 was far superior and actually showed tangible games with real footage that will actually be released like God of War 4, Sony exclusive Insomniac made Spider-Man, Hideo Kojima exclusive, Resident Evil 7, the return of Crash Bandicoot, and new IP Days Gone. Then followed that up with an excellent PSX where The Last of Us 2 was revealed. 2016 was Sony's best year for conferences (aside from that goofy rear end Pro thing they did).

scorching hot take here wow somebody call ign

achillesforever6 posted:

I for one hope in all vain that the Bethesda press conference involves Todd Howard coming out and saying that the Fallout IP now belongs to Obsidian and then Josh Sawyer runs in and stone cold stuns Howard before announcing Fallout New Vegas 2. Really I just want a good Fallout game in a cool setting again :negative:

Todd won't be there, he's going to his kid's graduation this year

Infinitum posted:

I'm just so loving excited about VIDEO GAMES

same

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after playing Yakuza 0 I forgot all about Shenmue honestly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

They've been 'retooling' Cuphead for like three years now. When was the last time any new footage got shown of it. Or it was even mentioned in an official capacity?

like every other interesting MS exclusive, it has been hosed to death by tinkering and executive meddling.

I have no idea what Scorpio will have to bring to the table other than "graphics and framerate I guess are better" but at that rate why not just buy a computer? I can already play Killer Instinct and Gears of War on a PC. I can't do that with Yakuza, Horizon, God of War, or probably SpiderMan so PS4 will keep selling regardless.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I doubt they'll show anything groundbreaking

you just answered your own question:

Samuringa posted:

new Wolfenstein

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr President posted:

oh are you one of those people that tries to pretend that Crash Bandicoot wasn't a huge franchise in the 90s? Stop acting like it was some bargain bin junk like Punky Skunk or Ty the Tasmanian Devil. The PSX Crash games are what put Naughty Dog on the map and were major AAA exclusives for Sony (the equivalent of what the Uncharted games are now). I think the first game even outsold Super Mario 64 by a significant margin. It was a big deal and there is significant pent up demand for that character and franchise.

Upon merely the suggestion that Crash Bandicoot might be coming back got Miyamoto to start sweating.

LOL

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

same. gently caress this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

federation force on Switch would be hilarious but I'm 100% certain that poo poo is fake

DOOM expansion, now that's the kind of thing you can announce and ensure you "won" E3

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Crash: THE CONSOLE. YOU OPENED IT. WE CAME.
Mario: It's just a PS1!
Crash: OH NO. IT IS A MEANS TO SUMMON US.
Mario: Who are you?!
Crash: EXPLORERS IN THE FURTHER REACHES OF EXPERIENCE. DEMONS TO SOME. ANGELS TO OTHERS.

Now I want Naughty Dog to gently caress off with Last Of Us 2: Cry Harder and make a straight up celestial horror adventure game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd be perfectly fine with pretending MGS4 never loving happened and the game series ended with MGS2, as it should have.

Konami should, however, absolutely make an effort to put MGS 1/2/3 on all platforms

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Then we'd've never gotten MGS3, and that's an essential part of the series, like, possibly moreso than MGS1 and 2 were.

Also MGS4 is not a bad game and after MGS5 it's gotten much better in retrospect. Like at least it has an ending.

"at least it has an ending" is the worst possible complaint to levy MGS4 versus MGS5, especially when MGS4 had the loving balls to ask you, the player, to feel bad for Vamp

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Uncharted racer.

Unkarted.

I'd rather have UnKarted 10 out of 10 times than anytthing new from Uncharted or Last of Us

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only people I'd trust to carry on the Half-Life series at this point would be id Software, Arkane, or like Guerrila Games maybe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't want Half Life touched by the death stink of EA

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Titanfall 2 was the best FPS that came out last year.

I liked DOOM better but Titanfall 2 was good in spite of EA loving them up the rear end, not because. They screwed the people who made it over when they released that and Battlefield in the same timespan.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Square went gently caress it and officially announced it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgPiwURMM

4 loving UI bars, one for every corner of the screen, plus a minimap, genius design Squeenix.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was expected another tease but the fact that they're taking this year off to go full-bore is actually encouraging, I'd rather they make the best game they can and have it be a complete thing. Frankly with Sony/Guerilla helping out, I can't imagine it being as much a clusterfuck as Konami was.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

haveblue posted:

If you take the announcement above at face value, low. If you think it's some kind of reverse psychology mind game, high. So, who knows.

we are, after all, talking about a madman who invented a fake game company and fake developer just to covertly announce MGSV. I wouldn't take anything that Kojima says at face value. He'll probably show footage and say "I said no Death Stranding footage but I never said anything about BRIDGES which is a substory developed by Moby Dick Games lol"

The same Sony people who trademarked "Decima Engine" for Kojipro also recently trademarked "V" and "Sleepwalker" 2 months ago so for all we know this whole thing is just an alt-history where Snake never woke from his coma.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

asscreed will probably release in the same timeframe as Red Dead 2 and get destroyed. the last gasp before vivendi picks apart this dumb company

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

It might have not been covered here but Nintendo released the schedule for their Treehouse events at E3 and have revealed that their E3 Spotlight event is only going to be about 30 minutes long, as the first Treehouse event begins half an hour after the scheduled start time of the Spotlight.

And because it's E3, it's time for some vintage E3 memes like your favorite! Fake blurry photo of a piece of paper with games printed on it!

It just ain't the same without FF7 remake rumors... Yeah, I know they can shift to when it's going to come out but that just ain't the same.

LOL Overwatch and Tekken. Stupidly enough that wasn't what didn't convince me, it was "No More Heroes 3" which Suda51 has repeatedly said "that's not what it will be called."

Suda51 is actually going to appear at the Devolver booth this year. Maybe he'll tell us that Killer7 is getting an HD release.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I want that 4chan bloke who leaked a bunch of poo poo before the Switch reveal to start making the rounds

that was legit insane. after a year of "pro leakers" telling us what we'd see and how great Mother 3 would be, some random gently caress on 4chan completely revealed the entire thing days before it happened. I remember seeing "ARMS" and thinking what the gently caress even is this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Wasn't there one chick who kept harping on about Mario+Rabbids pre-Switch launch reveal, and when it finally got revealed a month ago went "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU!" like anyone actually gave a poo poo about confirmation of a Mario+Rabbids leak?

laura kate dale who was wrong as loving hell on the grand majority of her "leaks" but hey I guess that lovely Rabbids game sure is something right

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo is gonna show a mario game i've wanted since like 2002 when i first said "wtf is this blue coin poo poo"

Sony is about to show 90 mins of games ill be hype for

Ms is about to talk about a console with a jaguar cpu like its actually powerful for 15 minutes and show a lot of multiplats that couldnt get room in sonys show.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I hope it is XCOM 2 for Switch, because that would be incredible.

gently caress you for giving me this kind of hope. xcom on a nintendo system would be beyond my comprehension

• Locked thread