Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nintendo is gonna win again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

AutomaticPrince posted:

Rumors of a Resistance 4 reveal for PS4 and a wild west Far Cry, both of which I would welcome.

That list seemed suspect, it mentioned Cyberpunk 2077 and CD Projekt RED has straight up denied that anything about that is going to be shown this year.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xbox one pro

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

bloodysabbath posted:

How these booth babes are practicing acts of radical feminism by networking with blazer/t-shirt combo executives at E3, eventually marrying then divorcing them and thus ensuring a revolutionary transfer of wealth away from patriarchy, by Gita Jackson, Staff writer Kotaku dot com, filed under E32017

nice, I love gamergate

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love brands

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I like that they're experimenting with crowd AI. I hope the game is good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ubisoft is saved!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Gorgolflox posted:

Over the course of the game you get two dog companions and at the end you have to choose which one dies.

gently caress THIS!!!!!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 2 let you choose your character and all it did was change your forearms and the sounds you made when you were shot. It also meant that yur buddies were the other characters so you ended up learning more about them.

In general it feels like this is returning to some of the stuff they were trying to pull off in 2, so I'm excited.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Did FC2 have cut-scenes that showed the player character off though? Because otherwise I'd assume customizing the forearms meant you were creating the entire character.

As your model in FPS games was usually just a floating pair of arms, a torso and maybe a set of legs if you were really lucky.

Nope, you never leave first person view.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

Personally I'd love it if Klei stopped making lovely survival games and got going with Mark of the Ninja or something.

Yea that's not gonna happen. Those games are crazy successful.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I would like to imagine they released Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC for a reason

The reason is: those games are very good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I mean, the switch is doing really really well. Sony and MS are of course gonna try to copy it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Probably with an all new device, though I wouldn't expect one for a few years. If they did have Vita 2 plans around they may have a head start though.

I don't really know anything, but think of about how hard they copied the Wii after that was a hit.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Zas posted:

im looking forward to the coming full on nostalgia backlash, if it ever happens. purely new ips, no remakes, no sequels, people will be like 'why doesnt anyone remake anything anymore' and 'why are there no sequels' we'll all be upset for different reasons but itll be good

lol what a beautiful dream

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phantasium posted:

I mean, it comes out a week after E3, I doubt there's going to be anything other than a token mention of it.

Nintendo's doing a treehouse live thing, right? It won't get a mention in the big presentation but they'll have a segment showing it off, most likely.

Treehouse Live owns

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

John Romero posted:

I think they're making the spider man game

sleeping dogs 2 guys I just have this feeling

Spiderman is Insomniac

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Most of the folks on Sleeping Dogs left the developer after the game shipped because it was such a messy development. The f2p thing was other folks building stuff on top of what other folks made, and now the developer is dead. RIP

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the Orb of Zot posted:

Whatever happened to that entire genre of "Toys to Life" anyways? Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and the various ripoffs inspired to try and get a quick buck all just seemed to up and disappear over the course of the last year (outside of Lego Dimensions, which now that I'm googling it seems to still be going strong)

Did the genre collapse into a black hole when I wasn't looking?

Disney took over the market with Infinity and killed it by expanding too fast.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Ain't no one got money for hundreds of plastic character peripherals

What about this guy

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here’s how my purchases broke down:

Super Smash Bros. WiiU: $59.99
Super Smash Bros 3DS (two copies): $79.98
Bayonetta DLC (for both platforms): $6.99
Ryu DLC (for both platforms): $6.99
Corrin DLC (for both platforms): $5.99
Smash Bros-compatible Amiibos (36 at $14.19 each): $510.84

someone help me budget this my family is dying

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/DogSolutions/status/742723447659208704

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember Jak and Daxter?

I remember jak and daxter

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mr President posted:

I really think Retros next game is metroid. Reggies been talking it up, they hired the composer of deus ex who has a sci fi background and they have been in development of this new game for at least 4 years at this point. Nintendo knows people have been clamoring for it and I think retro even posted a pic of Prime rib on twitter randomly.

But I'm ok with whatever their new game is (especially if it's another donkey kong or diddy kong racing) as long it's not some freemium game.

I agree with you but that twitter thing was pork ribs because they were having a barbecue, lol. Nerds don't know what a prime rib is.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

RatHat posted:

Looks like a Rogue Legacy style Roguelite? With top down gameplay.

Actually it looks like it's not a roguelite which means I'm suddenly interested

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Wasn't there one chick who kept harping on about Mario+Rabbids pre-Switch launch reveal, and when it finally got revealed a month ago went "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU!" like anyone actually gave a poo poo about confirmation of a Mario+Rabbids leak?

I cared

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I mean, I cared cause it sounds friggin crazy

That it of all rumors was the one that was true is amazing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It might not be ready for e3 but Nintendo is almost certainly working on a new Metroid. The hate for Federation Force and Other M very clearly was about not those individual games and not about the franchise itself. If anything, it means that a return to form would be greeted rapturously.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

If Nintendo still thinks there is a market demand for Metroid, Starfox, or F-Zero it would be a goddamn miracle. I know there is but from a corporate standpoint it would be weird.

Starfox is almost definitely dead.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Raserys posted:

here's what's actually going to happen:

10 min. mario odyssey
6 min. splatoon
4 min. arms (even though it's coming out literally next week)
4 min. indie title ports
1 min. zelda story dlc

virtual console and smash for switch not mentioned, no other new games announced

It's probably gonna be 100% Mario and everything else is gonna be at the Treehouse. If I remember correctly last year was 100% Zelda, and everything else was Treehouse.

Nintendo either has the shortest e3 or the longest e3, depending on your perspective. It's also noteworthy that they rarely feature games that they can't fill time with games that aren't coming out for years, like Sony and MS do.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Is it just me, or does Bloodstained look like rear end?

yea I don't really have hopes

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

umm does that sound like dark souls combat to anyone else

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

i thought i saw someone in this thread earlier say she wasn't and i really hope i'm misremembering

Yea she's not, Ubi sent out an E3 teaser that said "hosted by devs" with a little asterisk saying "but we still love you aisha" if you pause fast enough lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLOwMd3I_AM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I can feel it. I can feel the future. eeeeee33333333333333333

• Locked thread