Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Doom got a permanent 50% price cut at one point because so many copies were sold so id imagine they gonna do doom2 but its too early unless its like a glorified level pack that outgrew being dlc

Just like the original Doom 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It got cancelled and everyone who pre-ordered got their money back I thought.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey it worked for the N-Gage

Sort of

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still has more games coming out for it than the WiiU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You have to level up your driving skill to make the cars not handle like poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Base building would make me more interested, rogue elements not so much

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DLC Inc posted:

The tactics gameplay sounds cool but there was no reason why Rabbids had to be shoved in. Why not use something, anything else, like loving Rayman even would have been better.

Kids like Rabbids/Minions and have no idea who Rayman is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be as punishing or difficult to play as an actual X-COM game for some reason

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Syndicate was decent and they've had longer than usual to work on the new one, though 'looking forward to' is still a little strong

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Just in case you might have had even the slightest hope, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't at E3.

Hard to show off a game that doesn't exist

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So at least in my head I know I'm playing a sassy black chick shooting rednecks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah that was because they didn't sell very well and Final Fantasy did

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zelder posted:

Square Enix and capcom fighting for they coveted "most infuriating business decisions" title

SE still makes money though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

True but PC is slowly becoming THE platform for making GBS threads out broken console ports onto

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They had a few decent exclusives under Microsoft Studios but their first party stuff has always been nothing but Halo/Gears/Forza/the rotting corpse of Rare

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NMS was basically the same thing that MS did with Phantom Dust and Cuphead only they doubled down and actually made them release it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's stand alone, dunno about the multiplayer though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I want to see this game again

Needs a Brazzers logo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was going to gah that but I suppose it still can't be any worse than the original HG:L

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

The last guardian was awesome

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a magic circle to ward off hostile takeovers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm still waiting for Project HAMMER to resurface

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

gently caress Shenmue

There I said it

gently caress Shenmue and this misplaced sense of nostalgia

People just get hype for it because it's a 'classic Dreamcast' title

Guaran-loving-tee you 90% of the people that were flipping their poo poo about the announcement never played the original titles

Nah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only reason to still care about Shenmue 3 is that 2 ends on a huge cliffhanger, Yakuza existing doesn't really help with that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jimbot posted:

Apparently a game that has very similar mechanics was released on Steam the other day. People who played it say it's really good.

Yeah but it's called Hover: Revolt of Gamers. :(

We got a new Hideki Naganuma soundtrack out of it though, so I don't regret kickstarting it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They've been 'retooling' Cuphead for like three years now. When was the last time any new footage got shown of it. Or it was even mentioned in an official capacity?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr President posted:

oh are you one of those people that tries to pretend that Crash Bandicoot wasn't a huge franchise in the 90s? Stop acting like it was some bargain bin junk like Punky Skunk or Ty the Tasmanian Devil. The PSX Crash games are what put Naughty Dog on the map and were major AAA exclusives for Sony (the equivalent of what the Uncharted games are now). I think the first game even outsold Super Mario 64 by a significant margin. It was a big deal and there is significant pent up demand for that character and franchise.

Upon merely the suggestion that Crash Bandicoot might be coming back got Miyamoto to start sweating.

They were always bad though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As per usual everyone jumped on the money train and derailed it. Except Lego because people like that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amiibos sidestepped the whole thing by being marketed as collectibles that also have some game functionality.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

E3 trailers starting to come out, for indie/AA games first of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7hGIA5m2SE

No 3D manoeuvre gear don't care

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF7 is a good game and its story and characters own and it will be nice to see them with modern graphics and a translation that barely passes the 'being in English' test.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cloud was an unreliable narrator, he wasn't lying (although that would still make him one if he had) he thought his version of events was literally true due to a combination of PTSD, guilt and mako fuckery.

Hmmmmmm, it's almost like you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Prey's already on sale everywhere so Arkane has two sales flops in a row now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

That game sold like total rear end on 3ds didnt it?

Yup but this might be a way of trying to recoup some costs, assuming it would be easy to port, and maybe they're hoping it'd sell better on a system which has reasonable controls for an FPS

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm fine not seeing upscaled 3DS graphics to be honest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, hats

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saturn and Dreamcast both had games worth playing on them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DLC Inc posted:

I don't want Half Life touched by the death stink of EA

Titanfall 2 was the best FPS that came out last year.

• Locked thread