Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would add the Insomniac Spiderman game to the list, since it'll only be a month out from the movie.

What are the chances Bethesda is going to spring a current-generation Elder Scrolls game on everyone?

Sony will probably show or at least tease Horizon DLC.

Still hoping for Beyond Good and Evil 2 because I am a fool

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

What's that on the right under Doom?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fallout 4 can barely hit 30 as it is, there's no way it could do the solid 60+ VR requires without drastic changes and cutbacks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did it get delayed? Sony will cancel all preorders if a release date changes IIRC

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

tap my mountain posted:

Microsoft is going to announce a Marathon remake

Microsoft fortunately did not get the Marathon IP in the divorce. That's why all the Marathon easter eggs were removed from Halo 1 for 360 and presumably the MCC version.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the Orb of Zot posted:

Honestly in terms of plot that sounds about normal for a Metal Gear game.

I await the inevitable completely insane backstory for said zombies.

Kojima is no longer involved, so that won't happen. It'll be an unremarkable zombie game except using the MGS IP.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Cr2w

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Detective No. 27 posted:

E3 really could learn a thing or two about presentation from WWE.

A lot of past segments could have only been improved by run-ins and steel chairs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Meh, I can't enjoy games unless they're 38% exploration or higher.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Policenaut posted:

Just in case you might have had even the slightest hope, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't at E3.

:negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stealth only games may be all but dead, but stealth as a feature is everywhere these days. There are awareness indicators in loving Zelda now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just want more X-wing VR missions.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Life Will Be Strange

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the Orb of Zot posted:

Like I'm actually genuinely curious as to what exclusives Microsoft even has for the Xbox One for this year. The pirate MMO if it comes out in 2017, probably Halo 3 Anniversary if that pattern holds true (and assuming that doesn't get ported to PC), and that's about all I have.

Halo 3 is part of the MCC so that wouldn't have much value. Gears 5?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That chart is really hard to read and the fact that Saturday is on the left in the main chart and on the right in the legend is bothering me. Poor showing, Cheesemeister3k.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Microsoft's secret weapon: Reboot of Blinx the Time Sweeper

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pinball was actually good, swap it out for Other M

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

Now I want Naughty Dog to gently caress off with Last Of Us 2: Cry Harder and make a straight up celestial horror adventure game

The Last of Us Vestiges Of My Sanity

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quest For Glory II posted:

At WWDC, Monument Valley 2 was announced, the first was a pretty cool game although it was short.

They also announced a hard push for VR and AR support, though I'm not sure where they expect it to go when none of their computers have HDMI ports.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FPzero posted:

I've never played HL2.

You should play it just as a historical artifact, it's still the source of a lot of trends in modern games and an inflection point in physics technology and interactive storytelling. It's long but not difficult.

Blow's new game seems to have something to do with box pushing, which doesn't sound that interesting but he made a masterpiece out of line drawing so looking forward to it anyway.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

What's the chance of seeing another super cool Death Stranding Trailer that gives no insight on what the game is about or how it plays?

If you take the announcement above at face value, low. If you think it's some kind of reverse psychology mind game, high. So, who knows.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cubicle gangster posted:

Matter of fact, how many games do we find the plot out before release? I cant think of any in recent memory.

Arkham Knight :laugh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guy Goodbody posted:

Have they shown gameplay for Death Stranding yet?

I don't think we know anything that isn't in the two videos. So mysterious babies, dead fish, skeleton squads.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cubicle gangster posted:

it's an open world stealth horror game that takes place in 2 parallel universes simultaneously that you switch between at will.

Do you play as the baby?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I am grateful for the existence of modern sports games for they allow the existence of Breaking Madden.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Snoop managed to make weed legal in California just by smoking it in public.

Nobody was gonna stop him so everyone there figured they might as well just make it legal.

See the vapor of tomorrow, today!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Microsoft is so desperate they're turning into Acclaim.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

I laugh every time I see "No seriously, Nintendo is gonna release a new 2d Metroid game!". Nintendo has given no indication is wants to go back, and has basically said Metroid is dead for the moment.

It is a classic franchise but I think it was never a big seller, especially in the most recent years.

Metroid had two big flops in a row (Other M and Federation Force), it's as dead as AAA franchises ever get.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

an actual dog posted:

It might not be ready for e3 but Nintendo is almost certainly working on a new Metroid. The hate for Federation Force and Other M very clearly was about not those individual games and not about the franchise itself. If anything, it means that a return to form would be greeted rapturously.

Well, yeah, from a fan perspective, but from a business perspective all it proves is that bad metroid games are not rare exceptions. The last time the series earned high praise is now almost 10 years ago.

I'd also love for them to resurrect the series somehow but it really doesn't seem likely.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kurtofan posted:

Literal scorpions i hope

That is a literal scorpion, albeit a long-dead one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

"a sci-fi version of Fallout"

*thinking emoji*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

Oculus Rift haver here, VR is worth every penny if only for Star Trek Bridge Crew because I nearly fell over in pain from laughing so hard at a British person doing a fake "I'm givin' her all she's bloody got captain!" accent. Also I live in NYC so H3VR is the only way I can go to a functional gun range regularly. Superhot VR is basically a Neo simulator. Sairento VR is a cyber ninja simulator in where you can run on walls and shoot dual pistols at cyber-geishas and chop off cyber-samurai heads with a glowing sword. Soundboxing is my new workout regiment. Elite Dangerous is the best "full game" experience because buzzing around space will never get old. Everspace is basically Freelancer meets Rogue Legacy in VR. Virtual reality totally kicks rear end and is totally going to get more affordable as time goes on, but right now is really a fantastic time to get in.

Yeah, Bridge Crew is great, and it's amazingly free of assholes. Positive side effect of a tiny dedicated audience, I guess.

Studios are slowly figuring out how to make games that are better in VR than not.

• Locked thread