Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

The Walrus posted:

who gives a poo poo

fuckin '03s

is this some weird early 2000's GAMEFAQS poo poo where we pretend having an earlier registration date means your opinion matters more, because I am all. loving. in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
no it’s some mid-00s SA poo poo

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Escobarbarian posted:

no it’s some mid-00s SA poo poo

i defer to your wisdom, mr 04. *walks out of room bowing*

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
something something "only real goons have pre :tenbux: regdates" something memes

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I feel like I was here in the late 90s. Is that a possibility!? It wasn't this account.

gently caress this site has been up for a long time.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I registered later than all of you and I still like Twin Peaks what does this mean

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wait, what year is it?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

No u guys can't like it more than me!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
My parents didn’t allow me to watch Twin Peaks when it was first airing because it was weird and scary and I was 3 :(

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

antidote posted:

I feel like I was here in the late 90s. Is that a possibility!? It wasn't this account.

gently caress this site has been up for a long time.

technically yes, Lowtax created the site in.... oct? 99 IIRC. A few of us were on it 2000-2001, then he implemented tenbux, and 3.5ish years later moot got fed up of whatever the equivalent of FYAD was and created 4chan

Then those of us who existed pre-tenbux had to make new accounts, booooo. I'd be the oldest regdate on here (with the lowest post count lol).

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I think you are being slightly revisionist in a way here because as I recall moot was really much more of an adtrw poster than a FYAD poster - I mean it's not like he had a negative post-count, I feel like I would have remembered that. His vision for 4chan wasn't really what /b/ turned into fairly rapidly. He was much more like... someone who constantly raided 2ch for memes and stuff and thought it would be a really cool idea to make an English-speaking equivalent to it. Not that any of this really matters all that much. FYAD was a hell of a lot more insular, elitist, clique-like and stupid back then than anyone really prefers to remember. I know that was "the point" but the fact that they hounded out literally anyone but posters who had been hand-selected by them as being "cool enough" kind of revealed the whole thing as the stupid pile of bullshit and untalented white male losers it always was.

Minghawk
Oct 9, 2012

thumper57 posted:

Famously? Citation needed?

Citation remains needed, as I don't have a quote for it. When FWWM came out Lynch was avoiding interviews and publicity, as ever, but around that time he stated either on a TV show or in print the intention of the Lill bit. It may have been a BBC interview on TV, but I have a feeling it was print - could have been NME or something.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Late to the conversation but somehow my partner was interested enough in the series to watch the whole thing with me during these plague times and since it was my 3rd watch of the entire thing, I started watching a lot of theory/analysis videos.

I did watch the Twin Perfect video and am warning others that the only thing I got out of the 4.5 hour video is absolute anger at my lack of self respect for sticking to the end, and having all the Twin Perfect cult members online switch from telling me my opinion was invalid for not watching the whole video to telling me my opinion is invalid for not watching the 1.5 hour followup.

My theory of events hasn't much changed from the previous viewings, personally. Just basically the popular conception of "You can't go home again" on several different levels. I do like Dougie more and more with each viewing, though.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 21, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that my first viewing of Season 3 was,"Dougie's great but when are we getting Cooper back!?!" and my latest viewing of Season 3 was,"Oh no we're getting closer and closer to no more Dougie!"

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Jerusalem posted:

I love that my first viewing of Season 3 was,"Dougie's great but when are we getting Cooper back!?!" and my latest viewing of Season 3 was,"Oh no we're getting closer and closer to no more Dougie!"

:same:

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Yeah, the series is so much more entertaining when you know what is going on with Dougie.

As an added bonus, it was the first watch for my partner so I got to pull the endlessly hilarious "I know it's confusing now, but once we watch Episode 8, it'll all come together" gag on someone one last time.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

kuddles posted:

Yeah, the series is so much more entertaining when you know what is going on with Dougie.

As an added bonus, it was the first watch for my partner so I got to pull the endlessly hilarious "I know it's confusing now, but once we watch Episode 8, it'll all come together" gag on someone one last time.

Harsh, but fair.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I figured there was a thread!

I won't be reading it yet, because I'm watching it with a friend and we're still early on (episodes 2–3 of season 2 tonight), but man, I'm obsessed. This show is exactly my poo poo and I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

disaster pastor posted:

I won't be reading it yet, because I'm watching it with a friend and we're still early on (episodes 2–3 of season 2 tonight), but man, I'm obsessed. This show is exactly my poo poo and I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner.

Welcome!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

disaster pastor posted:

It'll get worse, and then it'll get lovely, but then it'll be amazing, and then you watch the movie and you either think it's amazing or not what you expected, and then you wait 25 years like we did

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

One thing I want to comment on because it's a facet of the show I really appreciate: even though there's a lot of weird poo poo happening, everyone still reacts like normal(ish) people exposed to weird poo poo, and everyone reacts differently to weird poo poo. Albert and Harry are both "wtf" about Coop's dream of a giant, but Albert just snarks about it while Harry spends the rest of the episode asking him somewhat earnest questions. I'd be bothered if everyone was accustomed to it after, like, two weeks, or whatever it's been in-universe at this point.

regulargonzalez posted:

It'll get worse, and then it'll get lovely

Yeah, I'm starting to feel this, though. Anytime Hank, James or Bobby are on screen, my full attention isn't. And I'm already over Audrey's plotline.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yespleasego.jpg

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Yespleasego.jpg

Didn't understand, googled, am delighted.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

disaster pastor posted:

One thing I want to comment on because it's a facet of the show I really appreciate: even though there's a lot of weird poo poo happening, everyone still reacts like normal(ish) people exposed to weird poo poo, and everyone reacts differently to weird poo poo. Albert and Harry are both "wtf" about Coop's dream of a giant, but Albert just snarks about it while Harry spends the rest of the episode asking him somewhat earnest questions. I'd be bothered if everyone was accustomed to it after, like, two weeks, or whatever it's been in-universe at this point.
Yes, one of my favourite scenes is when Cooper has them in the forest about to throw rocks at bottles and when he's explaining it to the crew, everyone is earnest in going with the flow.

I always took Albert as being an intentional nod from Lynch and Frost to the early nineties network TV audience by saying that if you're going to question the realism or logic of everything, than all you are is an annoying dick.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just rewatched the first 2 seasons and i forgot/never realised that evil coop does his season 3 evil coop voice when getting out of bed.

"i. need. to. brush. my. teeth."

I've also been reading the wiki, which seems to be more a scene by scene synopsis of the show, and it mentioned some stuff happening at the end with Audrey in the bank that didn't appear in the episode. Was there a deleted scene i've missed or something?

Kin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 5, 2020

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Kin posted:

I just rewatched the first 2 seasons and i forgot/never realised that evil coop does his season 3 evil coop voice when getting out of bed.

"i. need. to. brush. my. teeth."

I've also been reading the wiki, which seems to be more a scene by scene synopsis of the show, and it mentioned some stuff happening at the end with Audrey in the bank that didn't appear in the episode. Was there a deleted scene i've missed or something?

I believe The Secret History book had a section about Audrey in the bank.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

He really should want to brush his teeth.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

disaster pastor posted:

Anytime Hank, James or Bobby are on screen, my full attention isn't. And I'm already over Audrey's plotline.

I just finished my second watch of the whole series a couple months ago, and when I went through That Stretch of season 2, I just outright skipped over Ben Horne's Confederate general meltdown; the James out-of-town love triangle nonsense; the bits with Andy, Dick, and that kid; and every last loving scene between Audrey and Billy Zane.

Weaker parts of season 2 aside, I think the entirety of the series has become one of my favorite works of film & TV. Season 1 is a great ride start to finish, I loved FWWM, and I suspect I'll be mulling over season 3 for decades. I was a little kid when the show first aired so I was clueless to it all at the time, but reading up on it all, I'm stunned that FWWM and season 3 came together the way that they did.

And I ain't gonna watch any 4.5 hour long video titled "Twin Peaks EXPLAINED", that just sounds like a whole lot of time to spend on something that's beside the point. If I had four and a half hours to kill, I think I'd get a whole lot more satisfaction out of rewatching FWWM and a couple episodes of season 3.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Blotto_Otter posted:

And I ain't gonna watch any 4.5 hour long video titled "Twin Peaks EXPLAINED", that just sounds like a whole lot of time to spend on something that's beside the point. If I had four and a half hours to kill, I think I'd get a whole lot more satisfaction out of rewatching FWWM and a couple episodes of season 3.

The correct choice.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I love Twin Peaks, here's my updated list of episodes I skip because I can't stand watching the show:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Capntastic posted:

I love Twin Peaks, here's my updated list of episodes I skip because I can't stand watching the show:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Wow Surprised to see that Twin Peaks has a thread , Yay ! I am rewatching twin peaks After not seeing it since it originally aired and at ome point 20 years ago. right now I am on Season 2 Episode 9. I've yet to watch the 3rd season but I'm super looking forward to it .

Kind of fun because I don't remember any of this.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 6, 2020

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Hollismason posted:

Wow Surprised to see that Twin Peaks has a thread , Yay ! I am rewatching twin peaks After not seeing it since it originally aired and at ome point 20 years ago. right now I am on Season 2 Episode 9. I've yet to watch the 3rd season but I'm super looking forward to it .

S3 is great. Just make sure you watch Fire Walk With Me before s3

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hollismason posted:

You are in for such a treat, oh my god

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'll have to check out Fire Walk With me , I don't remember ever seeing it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN.

(Seriously I love how newcomers keep making the discovery)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Major was just abducted by Aliens? The White Lodge? Owls?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Hollismason posted:

The Major was just abducted by Aliens? The White Lodge? Owls?

Don’t worry, it’ll all make sense in the end.

:)

:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The scene where The Major disappears from the woods strikes me as very similar to an X-files scene where Mulder does the same. Given Duchovney is a Twin Peaks alumni I wonder if that was a coincidence.