Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Can anybody reccomend a refresher of the series, like a youtube video or something? It's been a couple of years since I last saw both the series and FWWM and, while I remember most of it outside of the bullshit sections of season two, I would like to make sure I didn't forget anything important. Like the ring stuff I had completely forgotten about before watching RedLetterMedia's recent video on FWWM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe Audrey is still in a coma?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

My bf and I were thinking it was going to be another "The" Nine Inch Nails song. We screamed in laughter when it turned out to be James.

Always cool.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I see the twisting figure 8 as showing two or more similar dimensions. The 8 twists around and has two sides that look identical, but the 8 is still backwards. You can change it, flip it backwards, upside down, whatever, and it still looks like an 8. It may look the same, but physically, it's different. I see it has Cooper being stuck in these different dimensions that, although they ultimately look the same (with the Palmer house, and Laura, etc), they are still different. He's stuck in this nightmare of trying to 'Find Laura', even though Laura doesn't fully exist anymore. So I guess the 8 can also be seen as an infinity. Cooper would be the ball, forever traveling around the infinite 8 and it's many permutations.

You can also see themes of duality in the show with the two Coopers and potentially the two Dianes. It was at least implied that non-tulpa Diane wasn't a chain smoking alcoholic. Maybe all tulpas have negative traits? We see Dougie was a piece of poo poo too before he got turned back into Cooper...

I'm trying to relate the duality back to how Twin Peaks changes with the time but ultimately stays the same, but don't really know how. Eh, it's late.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 4, 2017

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The lights in the house go dark. The screen fades to black. Cooper wakes up in another hotel room in another city. Finds another "Laura Palmer". Rinse, repeat.

Cooper is the dreamer in a dream. He's trapped in the constant nightmare, waking from his own dreams to live another one.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

It's David Lynch's Bioshock: Infinite.

There is always a diner. There is always a Laura. There is always a Twin Peaks.