Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Echoing sentiments that tp3 is an honest to goodness miracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

wait who played the guy rabbit?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Legion is legitimately garbage, and this is coming from an austinite who is inherently compelled to defend Noah Hawley

The show poopoo stinks

Meanwhile for all us box-watching enthusiasts I'd recommend serial experiments lain

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
If I were to recommend a show developed by fox that has lynchian sensibilities I would recccomwnd king of the hill. Please watch king of the hill and buy king of the hill blu rays and dvds

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNynxWZK30A

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Well apparently episode 5 leaked in German, I'm off the Internet till Sunday see ya

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
every episode of this show is electrifying. theres so much mystery

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
gordoncole_whatthehell.gif

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
ok chad is actually the worst part of the show. like it actually broke my suspension of disbelief that the sheriff that we knew in s1 and s2 somehow hired this much of an rear end in a top hat. he's like the rear end in a top hat cop character from a different movie/show that sticks out like a sore thumb. other negative about this episode was the gratuitous "tough dame" line. like, the guys are good enough actors to pull off being dazed by janey-e without having to spell it out... eh. S3 so far is still the best television ive ever seen

very sad episode altogether tho and felt the shortest out of all the episodes so far. jonesing for more

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I like how it wasn't screaming Min Diesel.

e: tho seriously gently caress chad

vic the pick was always cool

edit: the main problem with chad is that he seems more to be a story contrivance than anything else so far

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 12, 2017

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Only just noticed the Cheetos in Chantal's back pocket which she hands Evil Coop after their mack session. that's the new best moment of the episode

Yep ominous cheesy corn puffs, the bitcoin wallet of all American evildoers

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
first meh episode imo

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

kaworu posted:

I dunno, I thought Episode 9 was WAY WAY WAY more 'meh' than this episode.

Any episode with a monologue that fantastic from Margaret to a silent Hawk is pretty good. The bad-boy Horne robbing Sylvia as Johnny looks on was positively brutal.

And there were all kinds of nice little moments in the episode. Harry Dean Stanton strumming his guitar. Nadine and Dr. Amp. T-Bag got a lot of great material and would be stealing any other show with it. The stuff with Candie was totally weird and great. And there was solid advancement on several levels.

I think it's a bit tough for the show to find its legs after episode 8. It's literally like a nuclear bomb exploded in the middle of the season, and even though all the characters are just going on like nothing's happened, we're left without anything in the current narrative to really... connect us to what the gently caress we saw going on there.

If this were ANY other show, we would have gotten something - some point of reference that DIRECTLY connects the events we are currently witnessing to what we saw in episode 8. I feel like the closest we've come was Margaret talking about the electricity, and stating that "Laura is the one," along with Cole's very odd vision of Laura - which he did not mention to Albert, which makes me wonder whether he's seen that before.

But this isn't any other show, so I'm almost glad we aren't getting anything to immediately explain what we saw or why, nor is Lynch holding our hand and telling us exactly where to look.

Anyone catch who that was in the photograph with Mr. C at the end? The bald fellow in the white coat. I did not recognize him as a character but the actor looked vaguely familiar. I assume he was not credited?

alright im not gonna let this "this is the chair" slander stand. come on man, the jerry scene, albert's little moment, the reveal of coop rediscovering the majesty of the american experiment, bobby's childlike glee and emotion with his father's message. it blew even episode 8 out of the loving water and is probably in the top five episodes so far.

I really liked HDS and Candie's slapstick with the fly but altogether imo the episode didnt earn many of its very languid scenes.

also the mixing on the roadhouse song made my ears bleed

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
SCOOBA DIVING! !! *sobs hysterically*

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Re: anime talk the only really lynchian thing I've seen is serial experiments lain

Even starts with a dead girl imbedded in plastic, menacing electrical poles and everything

Twin peaks really hit hard in Japan and is prob responsible for a lot of anime blassics, probably up to and including diamond is not crash

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 30, 2017

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Kale got the golden globe nom for best actor in a limited series but the return didn't get a nod itself

Boo hiss

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Kyle didn’t win the yellow orb.:smith:

I don't see any awards in s3's future. It'll have to settle for being the greatest scripted series ever made

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Just so you know the Netflix visit is probably to do with his editor's blockchain movie

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

jit bull transpile posted:

I wanna see Lynch adapt 100 Bullets for TV

Isn't this the premise of the mulhholand dr?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

David Lynch could make a really great adaptation of the classic arcade game ALTERED BEAST.

See now you say this http://www.thecityofabsurdity.com/midway.html but do you want this

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

wow they were actually serious about the video game

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Yeah I realize asking for an explanation is futile here but since so many people seemed to have a eureka moment it seems like there's something there that I don't grasp

heres one from fire walk with me

when mike is at the intersection screaming ''... It's HIM! It's YOUR FATHER!!! " hes talking about robertson

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
I feel that mane, that implies a nice mirroring re her last scene. Shame she never gets to interact with anyone after her realities collapse back into frame, though knowing lynch that next scene wouldn’t be a happy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Now that we are so far removed from the season, have there been any good pieces of critical analysis on it? Not talking about endless SEASON 3 ENDING EXPLAINED articles.

I've liked this guy's twin peaks writeups, heres one on the jumping man https://medium.com/@davidtitterington/jumping-kokopelli-2f1313663c25