Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Quote-Unquote posted:

Got the blu ray today :)

Lucky! So hyped for the bonus material on this. <3 <3 <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Escobarbarian posted:

This thing in the main BTS series of like “alien german narrator who doesn’t understand humanity” is uber pretentious and annoying

Yeah, it loving sucks. I skipped all those parts after like two of the documentary movies.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

I watched the episode with the puking child alone in a caravan in the middle of the woods at night.

I think I finally fell asleep around 6 AM.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

kaworu posted:

It's funny it reminds me of a random Star Wars episode I was watching. Geordi walks in on Data in his quarters staring at a blank screen in silence, and asks him what he's doing. Data replies that he's reading poetry, to which Geordi retorts that there is nothing on the screen. Data explains that this is not technically true, as the blank space and silent, empty time have a distinct contextual meaning all their own. He explains that a particular culture he is studying writes poetry with such lacunae - blank and empty spacing, some lasting hours or days.

I would say that Lynch is masterful at using both deceptively 'empty' spaces absent of engaging visuals or exposition or a clear point. But it never means there is NO point. Because even within proper context, simply empty space and silent time can have significant and profound meaning, in my own estimation.

Classic scene from Attack of the Clones.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Secret History is really good. Starts off a bit slow, maybe, but it gets there. Final Dossier was kind of a letdown in comparison.

Totally different books, ofc.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Blotto_Otter posted:

And I ain't gonna watch any 4.5 hour long video titled "Twin Peaks EXPLAINED", that just sounds like a whole lot of time to spend on something that's beside the point. If I had four and a half hours to kill, I think I'd get a whole lot more satisfaction out of rewatching FWWM and a couple episodes of season 3.

The correct choice.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Hollismason posted:

The Major was just abducted by Aliens? The White Lodge? Owls?

Don’t worry, it’ll all make sense in the end.

:)

:downs:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Subject: Cooper's sleep
Date: 1990-05-24, 17:20
Newsgroups: alt.tv.twin-peaks

Maybe Special Agent Cooper was shot, by Audrey, with sleeping pellets,
so that she could carry him into bed, undress, and climb in with him,
and wait for him to wake up, breathfully watching him breathe
softly...

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Hmm..

https://twitter.com/Soundwave3000/status/1423080718821904395

https://twitter.com/Soundwave3000/status/1423080800237625344

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

I managed to see the last two episodes in a theater, which made that ending scream absolutely chilling.

That's amazing. Jealous!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

What a legend and an integral part to the show. RIP.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Anyone have thoughts on the Oppenheimer bomb scene?

Ain’t got poo poo on E08.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

I would pay $30 just to watch this episode alone in IMAX

gently caress YES.