Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This is probably old news, but I binged season 3 over the past week and I knew the tulpas transforming back into golden beads reminded me of something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uDsVi2EU_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

CJacobs posted:

Huh. Is the corpse given a name in the credits? I suppose not, but you never know.

Nope, I just checked. Also, aside from the dead body, there are three other people in Odessa who don't show up in the credits: the old man, the old woman, and the cook who all witness what happens at Judy's diner.

None of them look familiar to me, but then again neither did the dead guy until now.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 27, 2017

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I've mostly caught up with this thread since the S3 finale, and I don't think I saw this mentioned. I know nailing down when the first scene of the new season takes place has been a big issue.

After the conversation with The Giant in S3E1, Coop blinks out of existence via a strange animation, almost like strips of paper being pulled away. In S3E17 Coop appears in 1989 to watch James and Laura in the woods with the same animation style. Are these scenes meant to take place in sequence? IIRC, the only other instance of this animation is when Laura's body disappears from the beach.

There are several other visual methods used to show people traveling between times/dimensions this season (instantaneous hard cuts, fading to black, being ripped away by an unseen force, probably more I'm forgetting). I think it's interesting that these two line up, and they're both set in black and white.

I might be grasping at straws, and I have no idea what this could mean. Trying to think about this season is like trying to hold water in your hands.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Baloogan posted:

I think there was another 'paper strip' disappearance, I don't remember where, maybe Andy entering the portal.

I thought that might be the case, since they're both related to The Giant, but Andy simply disappears. One frame he's there with Hawk, Frank, and Bobby, and in the next frame he's gone. When he leaves the Lodge, he disappears again, this time with an audible electrical pop and a flash of light. When he returns to the real world carrying Naido, they both fade in, but there's nothing special about it.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I just realized how many ill-conceived and grotesque Woodsman costumes we're gonna see this year.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

And long too, if those time stamps are accurate. That's about 3 hours 15 minutes worth of extras.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I have no idea who Palmer Scott is (he's a real person with an IMDB page though), but he posted this on Facebook last week:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Is The Return available streaming anywhere? I haven’t looked, but I did see the original series is on CBS All Access so I know I have that covered plus FWWM.

It's streaming on Showtime Now ($10.99/month). You can double-dip on free trials if you sign up once through the Showtime website and once through Amazon.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Don't have time for the rewatch, but I stumbled across this photo of a transistor from Bell Labs in 1947 and was shocked :v: by how much it looks like one of Lynch's sculptures.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

It takes a lot of work to be a bigger piece of poo poo than Jim Belushi.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

drat, Robert Forster just died.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Maybe this is old news, but it's the first time I've seen anyone point it out in the past four years:

https://twitter.com/BasedDrWorm/status/1428433645535219714

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I love the Audrey scenes. They're so unsettling. The sound that plays when she "wakes up" is so good.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Huh, I wonder what "Remastered picture" means. I don't know anything about the technology, but is there really anything you could do to make Inland Empire look "better"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqklHpEhQOQ