Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

agradine posted:

It would be nice to go back to FFVa after a few years of fun with the Mobile version, but I'd like to play it on a mobile device with an actual gamepad and I'd let Squeenix take my money soooo much if they'd just bother to release the Advance games on the 3DS store :(

I would too, if not for the fact that GBA games are locked to the New 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

by the way, i posted a $5-per unlimited bounty for getting knight and not taking the brave blade last fiesta and to the best of my knowledge nobody ever took me up on it. offer's still open.

I can't wait for this and other conditional pledges to be officially posted.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

2015 was my first Fiesta, and also my first time playing FFV ever. I rolled random with BerserkerRisk, got a Knight/Zerk/Ninja/RedMage party.

Not only did I get the Brave Blade, but since it was my first ever run, I went and got all 4 tablets.

Edit: Also, a 5-run rush like the plans mentioned above sound pretty interesting. That'd be a cool challenge mode for this year-- PureChaos without repeats across runs.

StrangeAeon fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 27, 2017

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Is there anything an official promo poster? Could we make one? I'd like to promote this at my local children's hospital.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Couple questions, while I'm thinking of it:

Does anyone have a link to the previous Runs (the opening speedruns)? I used to have them, but I lost my harddrive last fall, so...

Does anyone know yet when this year's opening Run will take place? I want to request time off of work for it if I can. :3:

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

So I actually have some cash this year and I want to donate, but I've never used PayPal. What's the actual process for this? Is it safe? Is PayPal required?

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Registered chaos with risk. Maximize my zerk potential.

Also voted Monk/Red/Geo/Dragoon because I am nourished by tears.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

InfernoBlade posted:

Water crystal is Berserker. That's the only thing I'm putting all $5000 towards. I figure if we're spreading the love around enough to make #GUARANTEEDBERSERKER happen, the run needs one too.

The other jobs I'm actually having RK basically split the money so that I only put +500 towards them, that way others can override me this time if they want to. At least on everything but the berserker.

As such here's what I'm going to tell RK to do unless someone convinces me otherwise in the next couple hours:
Wind: Thief +500
Water: Berserker + 5000
Fire: Beastmaster + 500
Earth: Dragoon + 500

I don't think this is a particularly mean party, but it's also not particularly easy. IMO there's none of the broken classes in there, but it also lacks any real forms of magic damage or healing so that's going to make it a bit difficult to work with.

I definitely want to see some Beastmaster shenanigans this year. Good on you, InfernoBlade.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

For those curious, plain #blameeverhate showed as Chaos run under the Players tab so I'm assuming it still works!

Excellent, I never got to do that. Glad I'll get the chance this year.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Mikl posted:

Alright, here goes! Third time entering the Fiesta, and hopefully second time finishing. Random run, as last year.

And to make this more fun:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Get those runs in :getin:

Between the announcement and The Run? So, independent "speedruns" with proof provided?

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Mikl posted:

Exactly this. As for proof, a screenshot of Exdeath dying with the four jobs in it is enough, I'm not going to be more picky than Gilgabot on this. (Also, you don't have to do anything more than kill Exdeath, you can skip all the optional stuff.)

Do you also accept Randomized runs?

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

jyrque posted:

Alright what are some ace names for our protagonist? Here's a list I came up with

* Dilz
* Cheekz
* Ballz
* imagay
* Cloud
* Galuf
* GILGAM

What are some memorable Butz alter egos of yesteryear? I need some ideas obviously :(

In memory of Zerky?

Particularly if there's some minimum Berserker Threshold to meet for it to count. Like, 2 or more?

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Making a Basch and The Run ready files today. Count me in!

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Wait, seriously? I thought the Run generally started in the evening. That's 9 AM where I live.

There's a good chance I'll miss the very end of the run because I have work... and I won''t get to start on my fiesta immediately. Small disappointments.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

*dives across the finish line*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

:siren: Calling all Captains Courageous! :siren:

I will if I get a Knight, for sure.

• Locked thread