Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

I almost found the vanilla d2 dialogue and design to almost be a parody of destiny in places tbh.

I remember when Eris made a little joke about ghosts opening doors in the Omnigul strike and it was actually funny.

And in D2 we have ghost banging on about eating pie or some other such nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

D1 was a good power good power fantasy

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

D1 was a good power good power fantasy

As the lowest in number so far it was the bottom fantasy, or a power bottom fantasy, so yes

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

CheeseFactory posted:

Its the same game in the same engine but D1 just looks... cleaner? Faster? Something. Its like D2 is missing the secret spice but its impossible to tell what that spice is.

My big gripe is that the maps in d1 had simpler geometry with the visuals provided by texture work. In d2 all those greebles are actually modeled, which means there are a lot more things to get stuck on/trip over. Plus it makes using area control grenades harder because if you're a pixel off that lightning/tripmine/thermite ends up pointing in a random direction.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kiavahr posted:

My big gripe is that the maps in d1 had simpler geometry with the visuals provided by texture work. In d2 all those greebles are actually modeled, which means there are a lot more things to get stuck on/trip over. Plus it makes using area control grenades harder because if you're a pixel off that lightning/tripmine/thermite ends up pointing in a random direction.

Not sure you actually played D1 because geometry hosed with grenades just as badly as it does in D2.

It was by far the biggest weakness of lightning grenades. Most titans learned spots to just never throw a grenade because it would never work.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Not sure you actually played D1 because geometry hosed with grenades just as badly as it does in D2.

It was by far the biggest weakness of lightning grenades. Most titans learned spots to just never throw a grenade because it would never work.

Yeah, basically every single multiplayer map that was in a Cabal, Hive, or Fallen locale had tons of weird curves on the walls

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

As the lowest in number so far it was the bottom fantasy, or a power bottom fantasy, so yes

Bone Krew on that real poo poo

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can someone explain to me, a moron, the difference between obsidian accelerator and obsidian radiance?

I used one of the former to purchase one of the latter, and now I have one of each. I figured out the radiance is a gun mod, but is the accelerator a one time use consumable?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The accelerator is not supposed to be consumable, that is a bug. Its only function is to buy a radiance.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

The accelerator is not supposed to be consumable, that is a bug. Its only function is to buy a radiance.

OK thank you!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah, basically every single multiplayer map that was in a Cabal, Hive, or Fallen locale had tons of weird curves on the walls

Or the bajillion tiny ledges and notches in Vex architecture.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someday Bungie will stumble upon the technology of clip brushes that allow complex geometry without loving over the players, but none of us should hold our breath.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

BlindSite posted:

I almost found the vanilla d2 dialogue and design to almost be a parody of destiny in places tbh.

oh i meant how the game looked visually yeah the writing in vanilla d2 was god awful

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

oh i meant how the game looked visually yeah the writing in vanilla d2 was god awful

Still an improvement over whatever the gently caress was going on in d1

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Rubellavator posted:

i used to think so (and my post history supports it if you go back to 2017) but lately im not so sure

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

"Whatever the gently caress was going on"

D1 was like being befuddled by bullshit but D2 dropped the pretense and was honest that everything is turd. Retards are responsible for both so I say they're about even?

Real talk, starting D1 (and modern gaming) during TTK and following level recommendations for the order in which to play the story missions (which mashed all the previous campaigns up), it legit took me a very, very long time to sort out which alien races where which, what their motivations were, what plans were being enacted, ad infinitum. All of it was absolutely incomprehensible and I couldn't follow a single thing except I need to murder literally everything. After a year of playing, I looked up the order of story missions per expansion and played through them all straight. It hardly improved upon the stories but I at least kinda-maybe-sorta could follow the plot.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the nonexistent story in D1 kinda worked for me because it felt like it was hinting at something greater we had to discover. then they came out and said stuff like "yeah we have no idea what the darkness is" and wrote vanilla D2

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
holy poo poo, Galinor is completely 100% trash now

https://i.imgur.com/WqtC1FP.gifv

Double kill = ~3% super energy back?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

holy poo poo, Galinor is completely 100% trash now

https://i.imgur.com/WqtC1FP.gifv

Double kill = ~3% super energy back?

Yeah it has to land directly up their rear end or something

Also d1 pvp had insane lag. Grass is always greener.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How can I put it directly up their rear end if my BLADES DON'T TRACK

https://i.imgur.com/nanJb9m.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don’t forget that in vanilla D1 there were no quests to give little interstitial bridges between missions and sort them into arcs. Stuff would just appear in the director sometimes and it was on you to figure out which ones were related to which others from whatever dialog and context clues you could pick up.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Bungie, feeling the pressure from 3-5 different competitors trying to nab the player base] OK guys we gotta make this Iron Banner count

No double Valor
The most difficult of the bounties
I'm thinking we GOTTA offer pulse / grenade launcher
And make sure they've got crap rolls, good yes GOOOOD

Let's also make sure that Pulse and Sword frames stay in the rotation for a third week. HOO AH

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Small brain: the problem with iron banner is how little valor you get per game

Galaxy brain: the problem with iron banner is how little glory you get per game

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This was happening mid match which is why my responses were short and confused. I have no clue what I did that caused him to loving lose it.

:psyduck:

e: if nothing else just know he messaged me a gently caress load of times and read the last screen shot

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 19, 2019

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
So are you a virgin?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
He did nail your age, weight, sexual activity status though

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Where did he come up with 80% losses?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
At least they apologized.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Where did he come up with 80% losses?
i have no god drat idea. i carry a mostly solo win rate of 60% in qp. thin air is all i can think of.

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

He did nail your age, weight, sexual activity status though
you're thinking of smallpox, my dude.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I read it as Virginia and thought it was a modern spin on A/S/L

Also a friendly reminder that anyone you ASL'd with when you were a young teen was definitely a 45+ sex offender

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe dude was so blackout drunk that 59% overall looked like a 20%.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
gamertag checks out!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

who the gently caress drinks red bull with whiskey

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also a friendly reminder that anyone you ASL'd with when you were a young teen was definitely a 45+ sex offender

That was the point, no?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
got my sleeper catalyst AND tested a theory on how to kill bros in the jumping puzzle...remove all their momentum!

https://i.imgur.com/WsxYNyC.gifv

[bio voice] uber, you absolute fucker

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ah yes, I'm one of those types. :hmmyes:

enjoy the comms probation lol

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
PS4 users send much more honest and straightforward hate mail

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got this weird hybrid hate mail / polite inquiry

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Some guy on PC was talking poo poo to me before the match even started and then we ended up on the same team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

Some guy on PC was talking poo poo to me before the match even started and then we ended up on the same team

The Comp population is so small and toxic that I'll often exchange hate mail and immediately be on their team in the next match.

F R I E N D??