Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm not sure which I would have preferred!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

What if instead you could have picked between two "rewards" packages with different loot pools. I feel like this is something that they had figured out before.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SUNKOS posted:

Thanks everyone.

So I can finish the current step for the class item and the next time IB rolls around I can continue from that point and instantly start with the chest step, rather than starting from the beginning again (for that character, at least)? This will stay in my pursuits tab until Shadowkeep launches with progress from each IB carrying over to the next? That's not so bad if so, gives me a chance to hopefully snag stuff for more than one character as well.

Yes.

The next quest steps go much quicker than the grenade one too.

Also there's a chance that Shadowkeep will make all the current armor obsolete anyway!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rubellavator posted:

What if instead you could have picked between two "rewards" packages with different loot pools. I feel like this is something that they had figured out before.

Yes, that was added to Destiny 1 at some point. Every time you claimed a faction package (remember those?) you could choose whether it was armor, weapons, or possibly a third thing I forget.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Yes.

The next quest steps go much quicker than the grenade one too.

Also there's a chance that Shadowkeep will make all the current armor obsolete anyway!

That's a relief and yeah, I expect them to become obsolete in practical terms, but not aesthetically. I just want some chest/head pieces to use with the new transmog system for when Shadowkeep lets players change the look of armor they use.

Speaking of, I really hope Faction Rallies come back. I never got a chance to participate but each vendor had some nice armor sets. I don't know why they don't just make them like they were in D1 so they're extra things to do and work towards from the tower? Wanna get all the New Monarchy gear.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I love adding armor pieces to the pool. Turned in the quest step for the gauntlets, then decided to turn in all my coins and the system works perfectly.
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1143237464506560512?s=21

I am not owned.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Yeah but I'm glad it's (hopefully) being done like Y1>Y2 stuff where you can still use/infuse it if you want and transition slowly. Not like in Taken King where oops, all Y1 stuff is trash now. You can't do that in a game where you get weapons and gear with quests like "get 1000 bow final blows in Gambit" or whatever.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love adding armor pieces to the pool. Turned in the quest step for the gauntlets, then decided to turn in all my coins and the system works perfectly.
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1143237464506560512?s=21

I am not owned.

Pretty neat when bungie throws in features that basically make it better to simply not the play the game instead

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Donovan Trip posted:

Pretty neat when bungie throws in features that basically make it better to simply not the play the game instead

Actually for iron banner that’s a great feature lmao

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I mean, out of that I did get armor with enhanced momentum, and another with sniper loaded and sniper scavenger. So that is ok. Just that I’ve only gotten one good fusion rifle roll out of all of the firmly planted/genesis or whatever rolls I got.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Not being able to buy a set roll of any IB you unlock is dumb. (maybe I'm the dumb one for infusing my gloves into my enhanced hc reload gloves before realizing I needed the whole set for a triumph quest)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I just wanted a spike swarm of the raven (ideally with field prep), didn't get one

I mean I already have a perfectly fine spike outrageous fortune, but that's not optimal dps :negative:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Mazerunner posted:

I just wanted a spike swarm of the raven (ideally with field prep), didn't get one

I mean I already have a perfectly fine spike outrageous fortune, but that's not optimal dps :negative:

It's a Second Place GL though, and it's something I'll have to live with if I don't score a good roll by the end of today.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i aint even mad

https://i.imgur.com/WCVw9Yq.gifv

incredible

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i got hammed.

badly.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

sick bodyshot

speaking of snipers I'm so glad this revoker quest just uses total glory points earned

I do wish I had saved the IB sniper with opening shot and snapshot from a while back. It's the only sniper that can have both.

I'm using either the twilight with opening shot / bb or beloved with snapshot / bb.

Is there any map where twilight wouldn't give me enough range? both bb and opening shot increase it right?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
kill is a kill friendo :)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

actionjackson posted:

sick bodyshot

speaking of snipers I'm so glad this revoker quest just uses total glory points earned

I do wish I had saved the IB sniper with opening shot and snapshot from a while back. It's the only sniper that can have both.

I'm using either the twilight with opening shot / bb or beloved with snapshot / bb.

Is there any map where twilight wouldn't give me enough range? both bb and opening shot increase it right?

I have a snapshot/opening shot Tatara?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ah poo poo you're right. Anyway I'm pretty sure that's the best pvp combo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

kill is a kill friendo :)

indeed. what sniper you using?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

sick bodyshot

I'm 90% sure box and opening both increase range but opening shot is pretty rediculous on its own.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Ah poo poo you're right. Anyway I'm pretty sure that's the best pvp combo

indeed. what sniper you using?

that one is a qd/ss beloved with full bore and accu

i use a ton of dumbass snipers though. i'm quite fond the of the dead orbit rapid fire one from y1, anniella. opening shot + accu

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
sit tight little buddy, i just need the overshield. gonna go do something dumb.

https://i.imgur.com/pYn4unb.gifv

finally finished Revoker. solo Q'd the final 1k points in the fabled II rank.

do
not
recommend

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i finally got a snapshot supremacy a couple weeks ago and it is The Best Sniper

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

finally finished Revoker.

:respek:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pro tip for clearing out your pursuits page: any quests that are “complete the so and so triumph” can be safely abandoned and picked back up from the vendor once you actually made the progress on the triumph

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ok I found a good Thorn build on youtube (Destiny Fun Police) that's good in PVE, also PVP but I haven't tried it yet. If you have Antaeus Wards, use it with middle tree Striker, which has Inertia Override. Wards are for protection and + slide distance to pick up ammo & Remnants. If you pick up ammo AND a Remnant while sliding that's a full reload AND +weapon damage AND a Devourer buff. If you're fighting a bunch of adds you almost never have to reload.

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1KXKrrITM

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

*moseys along to Saladin to get that one shader, the good one, the only thing I want from him at all*

"Nawwww, yung souldier, your efforts are for naught. Shaders are for the wolves and you are no wolf! Tha wolves grind even more, and in this dumb loving armor."

drat you, Bungie. Just drat you.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
ok so how come when the enemy uses spectral blade, it lasts forever while they sprint across the map at mach 2 swinging claymore sized blades, but when I do it is very high in realism and verisimilitude, in that it accurately displays the capabilities of an out of shape nerd waggling around some butter knives

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 25, 2019

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mazerunner posted:

ok so how come when the enemy uses spectral blade, it lasts forever while they sprint across the map at mach 2 swinging claymore sized blades, but when I do it is very high in realism and verisimilitude, in that it accurately displays the capabilities of an out of shape nerd waggling around some butter knives

I ask myself this every time I accidentally use spectral blades

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

Turn your monitor back on

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
this was fun

https://i.imgur.com/0akcD5Y.gifv

also, i love that this bug still exists

https://i.imgur.com/Uk8lDqK.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

This guy gets it.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So I wasn't able to play much this past week but I had time last night so I decided hey maybe I'll finish up the IB quest. I just gotta finish the grenade kills. Plus with the cheese at the last step, I got this. :unsmith:

...three hours later. (11pm) Ok wow finally got that done. Onto the next step. Finished that up relatively easily and quickly considering I'm getting matched against killers all night and my blueberries are absolute garbage. :smith:

(12:30 pm) You have to get up for work at 6am, just remember that yamdankee. Don't worry! I'm sure I'll get the 2 win streak no problem and then I'll do the cheese real quick and go to bed!

:smithicide:

That 2nd 'win' near the top didn't count as a win. That was this:

3:30am

Every time I won I was immediately put into a losing match.

53 matches in one night. :suicide:

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 25, 2019

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Only needing the two wins, constant 6 mans with dumb baby teammates. During the 5 or 6 losing streak, I started growling obscenities at the television hoping that my oval office magic would deliver my words to my mongoloid teammates.

Second win in a row came from me dropping a 22 kill 5.5 kad against a six stack while three of my team went negative.

That's why needing to wear the armor and grind more for the shaders etc is crushing. I am so over it after that bullshit.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I think the streak bonus counts for any non competitive queue does it not? So you could do rumble or QP to get the streak.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I'm 90% sure box and opening both increase range but opening shot is pretty rediculous on its own.

I'm farming menagerie for another twilight with opening shot + box breathing, but with a range masterwork

I have nothing else to do with all these runes now that I got the two austringers I wanted, along with the erentil

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I should be able to roll mw erentils this week finally and maybe hit 750. HOORAY for grind that matters finally

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I tapped out last night with like 15% each in Scout/Auto/Sniper kills and farmed the same 8 or so players for about 30 minutes this morning and got the rest. I guess I must be technically as bad as they were even though I was finishing games with like 40 kills and just annihilated them.

Suros Regime and Jade Rabbit catalysts are both progressed as well, honestly not so bad.

Thank god for the cheese though good grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I think the streak bonus counts for any non competitive queue does it not? So you could do rumble or QP to get the streak.

You need two IB wins in a row to get the streak there in specific, then you can cheese it by queueing and immediately unqueueing when you see the number of players pop up, as I understand it. I might be wrong. Both of those stories sound like hell though. I got lucky in my wonderful 1.7 k/d matchmaking and got my two wins on games three and four after the quest step.