Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

actionjackson posted:

I'm farming menagerie for another twilight with opening shot + box breathing, but with a range masterwork

I have nothing else to do with all these runes now that I got the two austringers I wanted, along with the erentil

Yeah they need some kind of sink for them once rolling for gear loses its luster. Although it's not as important as in previous seasons as they don't take up main inventory space.

Also wondering what we're going to do with imperials after maxing out the chalice, they won't keep dropping from playlists for the entire rest of the game's lifespan, right? Although small gifts for dreaming city cats still drop and I finished all those months ago so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

With the release of shadowkeep, extra imperials will be converted to bright dust.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Alas, I was only able to claim one Swarm. No spike nades though. :(

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

haveblue posted:

Also wondering what we're going to do with imperials after maxing out the chalice, they won't keep dropping from playlists for the entire rest of the game's lifespan, right? Although small gifts for dreaming city cats still drop and I finished all those months ago so who knows.

Buying all upgrades on the chalice changes all drops that would have been imperials into runes.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I used IB to finish out my Thorn kills and even though my KD actually went up I still quit halfway through a match once I got the step done.

IB actually sounds like a good event on paper but it's just so bad right now

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Roman posted:

IB actually sounds like a good event on paper but it's just so bad right now

tbh the only time this hasn't been true was like, part of the rise of iron era

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Grinded out Wendigo last night.

Gun is great, but holy poo poo that grind was annoying and painful. You need 15k points for the 3rd requirement, and GL kills give 4 points, any other kill gives 2 points, and dying subtracts points.

Can't even imagine how long that poo poo would've taken without Fighting Lion and/or a kinetic gl.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's basically a test of "can you stand using fighting lion as your primary in strikes for a couple of weeks". There are other energy grenade launchers but I think they all use special ammo.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Anyone attempted the Prestige Menagerie yet?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

IronSaber posted:

Anyone attempted the Prestige Menagerie yet?

It's always extinguish, always +20 LL, and instead of having 1 good 1 bad, it always has two negative modifiers, lol

Extinguish, Blackout, Iron, 770

Those rewards better be fuckin' GOOD

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's always extinguish, always +20 LL, and instead of having 1 good 1 bad, it always has two negative modifiers, lol

Extinguish, Blackout, Iron, 770

Those rewards better be fuckin' GOOD

Apparently, your first clear gets you a curated roll of a menagerie weapon, and a chance at the ship. People are still trying to figure out what all you can get though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So tired of the ONE bad modifier

Can’t wait to get home to the new content with TWO bad modifiers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao blackout iron extinguish yeah loving right bungle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"ok, it's riposte, everyone stay alive and run out the clock"

"wait crap this is the last encounter"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Given the language of one of the bugged Tribute drops, it seems Exotics are on the table.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

Given the language of one of the bugged Tribute drops, it seems Exotics are on the table.

Or it's referring to Acrius/Tarrabah.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Can you self-respawn in Heroic Minaj? Is the timer longer than regular? Are there Revive Tokens? what the dealio here

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Can you self-respawn in Heroic Minaj? Is the timer longer than regular? Are there Revive Tokens? what the dealio here

I saw some people saying it's 6 seconds before you can revive a person, like a strike. I dunno if you can self revive.

Edit: apparently it just uses the nightfall revive system.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Calus will tell you to get the gently caress out if you don't fill up the completion bar so you'd better have an on point team for every encounter.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Judge Tesla posted:

Calus will tell you to get the gently caress out if you don't fill up the completion bar so you'd better have an on point team for every encounter.

Unless the bar fills slower than in regular, I'm not too worried. We were all completing regular Minaj at 700 light without looping encounters

I think Extinguish is the only big risk here

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

i watched Goth and friends do it the first time in one try, clutched a couple times but it didn't seem like the worst thing. then again I think they had multiple Wells going on.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, since you're required to play it as a premade team that should balance out some of the other restrictions

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey can someone explain to me how Masterworking Outbreak Perfected works?

My understanding is that, like WotW, I run the Heroic version of the event to completion?

But I don’t need to activate anything or open a chest for a specific item?

Also I remember something about there being a way to do it in 3 weeks instead of five, and that also gets you a space ship?

I’m sure I’m conflating multiple things but I wanna knock that pursuit out and don’t really know what to do.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey can someone explain to me how Masterworking Outbreak Perfected works?

My understanding is that, like WotW, I run the Heroic version of the event to completion?

But I don’t need to activate anything or open a chest for a specific item?

Also I remember something about there being a way to do it in 3 weeks instead of five, and that also gets you a space ship?

I’m sure I’m conflating multiple things but I wanna knock that pursuit out and don’t really know what to do.

If you finish Heroic Zero Hour, you'll get 20% completion towards the catalyst. If you do the whole code bounty during the mission, you'll get an extra 14%.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

qbert posted:

If you finish Heroic Zero Hour, you'll get 20% completion towards the catalyst. If you do the whole code bounty during the mission, you'll get an extra 14%.

You don't need to do the safecracking in the same run as killing the boss, just to clarify. However, you can only get credit for either clearing or safecracking once per week. The safecracking is on a 3-week arc/solar/void rotation, much like the floor tile deathtrap puzzle right before the vault, with different combos for each week in the rotation.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah what is the deal with the tributes? I've gotten a few but they aren't in my inventory

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I think by beating the Heroic Biggie Minaj that you should unlock the ability to just tell the Chalice what you want to roll without needing to check a spreadsheet

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

smuggler's word with snapshot and view-tac imo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

IronSaber posted:

Alas, I was only able to claim one Swarm. No spike nades though. :(

I spent 1000 tokens. Got jack poo poo.

Then got one with spike and field prep after the next match i played.

And then i upgraded its blast MW fully like a loving idiot.

It still shreads though and gently caress doing that wendigo quest.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 26, 2019

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

and gently caress doing that wendigo quest.

same

also

erentil is horseshit

https://i.imgur.com/hacM6gs.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/BMyFrBB.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/WLpdCLR.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Best I got from this ib was a breach loader with spike nades and auto holster. It's got the good perks to make it max velocity and a tiny blast radius.

It's surprisingly good with a rally barricade for boss dps but not as good as mountaintop or a heavy grenade launcher.

Still not bad for dumping 19 grenades with a boss spec mod before switching to prospector or darci.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

drat that izanagi’s burden ornament is sick....I bet it’s not a coincidence that shattered throne is this week too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://i.imgur.com/UUHxkKX.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Iqp9F6h.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Sg29MqB.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/WUxPwez.mp4

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heroic Minaj suuuuuuuucks

We 1-shot it but man it suuuuucks (at least with Iron and Blackout)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

drat that izanagi’s burden ornament is sick....I bet it’s not a coincidence that shattered throne is this week too

probably because it lines up with the fact heroic minaj drops the izanagi catalyst

500 loving kills. 5% and i already hate myself

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/OWxcWkH.gifv

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I will say that sick snipes are infinitely more giffable than shotguns, so thanks revoker

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i 1 billion percent under estimated the slide distance of stompees and ended this poor dude's career.

https://i.imgur.com/wcpR0vj.gifv

im so sorry, guy. :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
we did a heroic minaj tonight and while we did 1 shot it the under light black out situation is unfun bullshit. some things we learned:

1) just crutch wells and tethers. we had a commander Titan that came in handy too but all the heavy lifting was tether and well.
2) the drop you get at the end is rng but pre masterworked which is cool I guess. mine was trash so thanks for 7 cores I guess. im guessing it's a once a week drop thing.
3) have OP. there is not enough ammo for heavy or special to deal with the health pool of bosses. 6 OPs is honestly the only real way to deal with it.
4) the cyclops boss in crystals or gauntlet gives no fucks about your well.
5) hunted and riposte just move as a group leap frogging wells and tethers
6) mockery is horse poo poo. just protect one point and focus on staying alive

opulent mods probably changes some of this but we're not rolling in choices yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

probably because it lines up with the fact heroic minaj drops the izanagi catalyst

500 loving kills. 5% and i already hate myself

Go into Whisper with Orpheus Rig. I finished the Catalyst in thirty minutes.