Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

Yeah TLW is no joke and I'm surprised you haven't tried it out sooner. Just point at jerk and hold trigger down, they die.

There's more that good players can do with it too.

It just didn't do more for me than what smugglers could and it requires the helm and gloves and only 8 round mag and it's exotic.

But i honestly feel like the stability on console has taken a stealth buff because its feeling much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

But I'm ADSing 90% of the time. Old habits die hard.

if its midrange engagement that i know will only have one enemy I still ADS. you gotta yank down hard on your Y axis but you get used to it because holy gently caress those crispy taps with tlw feel loving good

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

It just didn't do more for me than what smugglers could and it requires the helm and gloves and only 8 round mag and it's exotic.

But i honestly feel like the stability on console has taken a stealth buff because its feeling much better.

If I'm running erentil with TLW i run full e-targetting but if I'm sniping with tlw i run a "Precision targetting" hat. you still get a heap of bonus ads speed from it and both your sniper and tlw benefit from it. which is good because my prefered twilight oath is slower than dogshit

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Yeah same. Love my twilight but its ADS speed is poo poo without the helm.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Beloved (with snapshot and a targeting adjuster) + TLW + handcannon targeting helmet and reload gloves, enhanced unflinching chest.

It's pretty much all I use unless I get that lovely space aids map.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Because the Lost Sector part of the Forsaken quest didn't create any icons to track, I forgot they existed. I played a full two weeks at around 500 light grinding up slowly.

This thread made me realize I'd missed the second half of the quest line, and now blues at 690 are getting dropped on my head. God damnit. I'd be ready for IB if I'd done these quests first.

Now I know what the gently caress the Black Armory and Chalice are about. Kind of. I was worried I'd bought the wrong expansion and just going to stay quiet about it until the new one dropped.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Beloved (with snapshot and a targeting adjuster) + TLW + handcannon targeting helmet and reload gloves, enhanced unflinching chest.

It's pretty much all I use unless I get that lovely space aids map.

tlw
os Oath

revoker
trust

blast furnace
erentil

tlw
erentil

pretty much all i run but from time to time ill run ServiceRevolver/Coldheart or monarque/sparerations. i honestly haven't touched my beloved in a good minute after getting a max range os oath. i do honestly like revoker quite a bit. its really quite nice not giving a poo poo if the shot was sloppy and i've always like high impact frame body damage. for space aids map i used to run jade/erentil but these days i run drb/scorpion.

edit: if i need to run a kinetic sniper to make room for luna and be all sweaty ill take the old curated OS bite of the fox over revoker any day of the week tho. shot for shot its a much more consistent rifle

https://i.imgur.com/saE2r4j.gifv

one of the rare times im not playing a hunter :v:

os max range oath is straight horse poo poo though. that gun is busted as gently caress

https://i.imgur.com/oD1ce68.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 23, 2019

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The only energy weapons i use at all are, Wavesplitter, Twilight Oath, Erentil and Black Scopion.

In the primary slot its pretty much only Smugglers and hoping TLW starts really working me.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

unless I get that lovely space aids map.

Oh you mean [insert destiny 2 map]?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Reallllyyyy hoping Xur offers the Huckleberry this week as that's the only Exotic I have left that I really want. I also just realized my girlfriend will be gone from the 3rd-6th so I'm probably going to take vacation next Friday and just play Shadowkeep all weekend.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Daric posted:

Reallllyyyy hoping Xur offers the Huckleberry this week as that's the only Exotic I have left that I really want. I also just realized my girlfriend will be gone from the 3rd-6th so I'm probably going to take vacation next Friday and just play Shadowkeep all weekend.

Did you buy his Fated Engram this week? If you're literally only missing one exotic, he'll give you the Huckleberry in the Fated Engram.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I did, but that's not the only Exotic I'm missing, it's just the only one I want. As far as Kinetics go, I'm missing most of the quest related ones and then Arbalest, Huckleberry, and Crimson.

I have all of the Energy weapons except Borealis, Jotunn, and Tarrabah.

Then the Heavies I'm only missing the quest or raid ones.

But that's not to say he's gonna toss me a piece of armor or something else useless. And then who knows what will be in Shadowkeep.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is everyone just going to purchase Shadowkeep through the Microsoft store?

Which edition is everyone getting?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Is everyone just going to purchase Shadowkeep through the Microsoft store?
Which edition is everyone getting?
getting deluxe because it saves $15 on the 4 future seasons I'm gonna buy anyway

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Roman posted:

getting deluxe because it saves $15 on the 4 future seasons I'm gonna buy anyway

Yeah, seems smart.

Destiny 2 had so many changes I didn't like that I bailed right before running the first raid. It seems solid enough that I'll be putting some serious hours in for the immediate future.

I still hate the new loving shader system and the sometimes labyrinthian twists and turns of the New Tower.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

Destiny 2 had so many changes I didn't like that I bailed right before running the first raid. It seems solid enough that I'll be putting some serious hours in for the immediate future.

I still hate the new loving shader system and the sometimes labyrinthian twists and turns of the New Tower.
I started playing in December, and finally hit a good place in August after playing a few hours a night most days of the week. You can get a better start than I did by hooking up with an active clan and using lfg apps and sites, which I didn't get on until around May.

There are only a couple spots in the tower that really matter, the main plaza and the annex, which has its own fast travel point. The hanger is nearly useless, and the bazaar is just for picking up purples a couple times a week.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Paracelsus posted:

I started playing in December, and finally hit a good place in August after playing a few hours a night most days of the week. You can get a better start than I did by hooking up with an active clan and using lfg apps and sites, which I didn't get on until around May.

There are only a couple spots in the tower that really matter, the main plaza and the annex, which has its own fast travel point. The hanger is nearly useless, and the bazaar is just for picking up purples a couple times a week.

I hooked up with the goons. We played A LOT of Destiny 1 together. Now, I'm not zonked out on horrible medications I don't need so I'm hoping to be more than the equivalent of the slightly funny/slightly irritating clown constantly slipping on banana peels.

(I still suck though. I played way too much Apex and it really hosed with my Destiny PVP skills.)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fated engram is bugged for the arbalest just fyi.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The new Shadowkeep trailer showed someone wearing armor 2.0 trials armor

Probably just flawless ornaments but it got me wondering about what it would mean for comp if they brought back trials. Can destiny support two versions of "Losses Matter end game pvp"? Would comp just turn into trials on the weekend? Or maybe trials could come back as a monthly thing like iron banner

Or maybe it's never coming back since like 0.5% of the population legitimately gives a toot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What is that music? I'm sure I've heard it before

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

well Smith gave 2 very obvious hints in his directors cut thing that Trials of Osiris was going to come back at some point instead of Trials of the Nine. So maybe the Nine armor will come from somewhere else

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

saw someone doing tricks on a sparrow. SRL coming back?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1176542109916004352

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

big nipples big life posted:

i'm more curious about the New Monarchy looking "lion head" sparrow at 1:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJTudJ540

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

What is that music? I'm sure I've heard it before

Apparently it's a Beck song!

But not the one everyone knows Beck by.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

i'm more curious about the New Monarchy looking "lion head" sparrow at 1:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJTudJ540

Looks like a giant rideable Fighting Lion to go along with the giant rideable Jotunn

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Looks like a giant rideable Fighting Lion to go along with the giant rideable Jotunn

Just lol if you aren't already riding a giant Huckleberry

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

sparrow tricks have been in since launch

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I guess I have never touched my dpad while on a sparrow.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I guess I have never touched my dpad while on a sparrow.

On PC they're mapped to the arrow keys so it's even more dumb to try to do tricks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

On PC they're mapped to the arrow keys so it's even more dumb to try to do tricks.

ah that's it, I mostly played destiny 2 on pc and I would never have thought to press arrow keys for anything. emotes are too important to have over there so they are on 1,2,3,4.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Consoles will have preload during the 24 hour maintenance

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

watch the preload be disabled by this and laugh

Edit:
Roman already did it first, drat

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Apparently it's a Beck song!

But not the one everyone knows Beck by.

Should have gone with Breaking Benjamin :bahgawd:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember when they used the push the tempo song and made everything slower than destiny 1

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

moist turtleneck posted:

Remember when they used the push the tempo song and made everything slower than destiny 1

Lol, and we're still slower currently, excellent

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://twitter.com/UpdatesVanguard/status/1176604398266585089/

Oopsy, Bungie made a fucky wucky!!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Looks like season of eververse. So many emotes and sparrows and poo poo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well now that they're a small independent studio they really gotta find a way to bring in money now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
An ancient evil is coming and you must dance and troll your way to defeating it.