Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Someone said it in here before. But D2 seems like a good case study on why you don't do sequels to mmo like games.

I'd probably be as spicy as y'all if I had played more than launch D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
A great watch for those interested, analysing a major flaw in D2's narrative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cXeanp4g6I

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Roman posted:

I get tokens for official Tower/Crucible/IB/faction events and such but I'm not sure why I'm finding them in chests all over the universe instead of "Dusklight Cache" or whatever.

I just imagine Devrim had a whole supply of tasty chocolate medallions, but those wascally Fallen stole them all and hid them! Help Devrim get his candy back for a fun surprise! Your 40th identical Lincoln Green

The tokens are a reward for turning over 90% of the glimmer and components in the chest.

IT'S IN THE TUTORIAL LORE
:goonsay:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I have 1000+ legendary shards and there is basically nothing to use them on. Did they just forget they included them or something?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

texaholic posted:

I have 1000+ legendary shards and there is basically nothing to use them on. Did they just forget they included them or something?
Pretty much. They confirmed in Season 2 you'll be able to use them in Iron Banner to directly purchase gear. (Not the next IB, the one after that)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

texaholic posted:

I'm down to 30 since I've been playing on alts but if I really wanted to I could get to 120 again without losing anything valuable.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I'm really enjoy Hawthorne's Field Forged Shotgun, but the slugs from First In, Last Out are pretty satisfying too. Not sure which I enjoy more.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hawthornes makes good noises

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That planetary chest lockout thing is the biggest bullshit. It makes caydes loot location maps and the faction ghosts completely worthless and triggers all the time. Hilarious how worthless planetary materials are too. Just forget trying to get planetary armor sets at this point. I turned in what must’ve been my 20th Titan engram on my warlock and I’ve gotten the gloves twice and about 15 swift rides.

This game is done until season 2.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah I just use exp or gunsmith ghosts, or extra faction tokens in crucible

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

Yeah I just use exp or gunsmith ghosts, or extra faction tokens in crucible

Rerolled Kill-Tracker shell to Crucible exp and Crucible tokens, like a pimp.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

That's the good poo poo

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk
#onlyvanillaguardians ran laps around Mars for an hour to get 50 relic iron so you could upgrade three damage nodes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
#onlyvanillaguardians having mostly damage nodes on exotics

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

plus ascendant shards and energy

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
#onlyvanillaguardians Getting done with the campaign and not realizing you were done after shooting 3 slightly larger minotaurs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JorgeHWB posted:

#onlyvanillaguardians ran laps around Mars for an hour to get 50 relic iron so you could upgrade three damage nodes

Every armor and gun I had at one point needed Helium. So much Helium. So much grey.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

moist turtleneck posted:

#onlyvanillaguardians Getting done with the campaign and not realizing you were done after shooting 3 slightly larger minotaurs

that music though

https://youtu.be/bTN0dhFVh4U?t=5m4s

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

#onlyvanillaguardians Rerolling endlessly and forever. Gotta get that shot package!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

texaholic posted:

If you want to bother, there's a gimmick where you grab a ton of exotics from your collection in the vault with legendary shards and scrap them for the weapon parts. You gain back some of the shards and get a ton of parts to get enegrams from the weapon smith. This can net you some guns you may be missing or help you bolster up your mod collection. By dismantling stuff you don't want from the enegrams you can regain a ton of shards and repeat this process a lot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

you forgot the best part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEwISBi7HY0&t=55s

This was the best line our guardian could come up with at the culmination of Destiny 1.

Maybe it's better they went silent for D2.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the worst part was getting a cool gun after you did your bounties so you had practically no way to get xp on the gun without just shooting mobs for like one billionth of an xp bubble or whatever

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

moist turtleneck posted:

#onlyvanillaguardians having mostly damage nodes on exotics

Man I loved this loving sniper.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
AoT crucible dot jay peg

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol that one time I tried blade dancer

https://i.imgur.com/5R9F5Hj.gifv

im NOT owned

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't see the problem.. looks like a higher k/d than when you play titan.

How was orb generation?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

There was a nice synergy between patrols, farming materials, weapon progression, and bounties.

Now it's just PRESS LEFT TRIGGER for a task that is simply A to B.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

gently caress man. Totally forgot you can do that.

I need to get that ghost.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

gently caress man. Totally forgot you can do that.

I need to get that ghost.

The one thing to spend legendary shards on!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Captain Log posted:

There was a nice synergy between patrols, farming materials, weapon progression, and bounties.

I thought so too. And i honestly miss it.

I remember getting my first legendary boots in D1. They had a lovely roll. But i put some materials and time into them and they helped me to get level 27 for our first raid.

The raid only gave me materials, but those materials were important and i used them all to get to 28 for my next run.

I found this really fun. And when i finally got my good roll armor and raid weapons i was thrilled.

Bungie really lost this in D2. You get lovely loot rained on you and it just feels bad.

3000 legendary shards. They were rare until day 2.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 23, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Norns posted:

The one thing to spend legendary shards on!

Seriously.

I dont give a poo poo if i burn 1000 of them to get the ghost i want.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Well, you can fill out your gunsmith collection first. My killtracker ghost rolled XP/token right away so that's all I had

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Well, you can fill out your gunsmith collection first. My killtracker ghost rolled XP/token right away so that's all I had

Got everything i want, except for a main ingredient. I assume that's only from vanguard?

Because gently caress doing strikes for 3 measly tokens.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Got everything i want, except for a main ingredient. I assume that's only from vanguard?

Because gently caress doing strikes for 3 measly tokens.

Yeah it is so I hope you get it from the nightfall milestone duder

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not near as hardcore as y'all and the only item I want that I'm missing is the raid exotic shotty and the launcher.

I think that and 2 trials weapons are the only things I don't have tbh.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Yo Cheese are you or any of your clan mates planning on migrating to PC (on the off chance d2 breaks into esports)?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Are all the kill tracker ghosts crucible bonus models? I wouldn't mind rerolling for planet XP/chest tracker because it's one of the best looking season one ghost shells and I enjoy watching numbers go up as a true Destiny fan would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

tqilamknbrd posted:

Yo Cheese are you or any of your clan mates planning on migrating to PC (on the off chance d2 breaks into esports)?

🤔 let me see, should I stay at the all you can eat Bachanallian Buffet or should I go eat spoiled tuna out of a hobo's rear end??