Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Kiavahr posted:

Yo I looked but can't find a current ps4 raid thread. (what is discord :confused:)

Discord is a proprietary freeware voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) application designed for gaming communities, that specializes in text and audio communication between users in a chat channel. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and in web browsers. As of May 2018, there are 130 million unique users of the software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Kiavahr posted:

Yo I looked but can't find a current ps4 raid thread. (what is discord :confused:)

Anyway, I represent 5 old hands who would very much like to run normal leviathan with dogs challenge then eater of worlds right after on PS4 starting at 7:30 Pacific tonight. Is there one person here who wants to help us do that? Send me a ps message/friend request (psn Kiavahr) if you're interested so we don't clutter up the thread and I'll update this post when we're set.

I remember you. Come join us on discord sometime. It's in the OP.

It's like IRC.

Kind of.

Also my PSN is KingTotoro

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
A console FPS with limited FoV with no radar, where you can enter 3rd person mode at any time to see around corners.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

A console FPS with limited FoV with no radar, where you can enter 3rd person mode at any time to see around corners.

D3stiny

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Are powerful/clan engrams from Hawthorne still bugged?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

poor life choice posted:

Yes

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fuckin lol, not even a little surprised

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Got killed by one guy at least eight times, everytime with colony. It was great.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I installed an exotic jump button on my controller as a hard counter to colony

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tyler the Creator tweet about cyberbullying, except it's about dying to Colony and how you can just jump LMAO

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Same but unironically

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Depends on how far the shots land from you and how much time you have to react, of course.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Tyler the Creator tweet about cyberbullying, except it's about dying to Colony and how you can just jump LMAO

It's grounded this week for the banner modifiers

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

poor life choice posted:

Goddamnit Bungo. Thanks for two weeks of 340 bugged rewards. I’ll definitely buy D3!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

it is 2018

the whole of mankind’s information is available at a fingertip

folks still don’t check the support pages for online games

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Why does the hunter helmet trigger regeneration but the titan regeneration chest only give back like 60hp?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

BlindSite posted:

Why does the hunter helmet trigger regeneration but the titan regeneration chest only give back like 60hp?

because the wall is immediate cover to eat bullets that would stop regen meaning alpha lupi would be an on-demand full heal with no real counterplay beyond "hope your grenade's off cd and its one of the ones that goes through titan wall and the titan stands there and eats it", while hunter dodge kickstarting regen is countered by continuing to shoot them, assuming they werent close enough to cover to dodge behind it

or

bungie's hard-on for hunters should be apparent after them thinking letting a subclass completely disable aa in a console shooter was a-ok and then their buff to arcstrider melee "range" being a literal teleport that you dont even have to have your pointer on a dude to get the kill with

take your pick

e: lupi also heals allies close to you

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wow played my first 6s and...that's a thing

It's really bad as well, Destiny 1 was an accident

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Angry Walrus posted:

because the wall is immediate cover to eat bullets that would stop regen meaning alpha lupi would be an on-demand full heal with no real counterplay beyond "hope your grenade's off cd and its one of the ones that goes through titan wall and the titan stands there and eats it", while hunter dodge kickstarting regen is countered by continuing to shoot them, assuming they werent close enough to cover to dodge behind it

or

bungie's hard-on for hunters should be apparent after them thinking letting a subclass completely disable aa in a console shooter was a-ok and then their buff to arcstrider melee "range" being a literal teleport that you dont even have to have your pointer on a dude to get the kill with

take your pick

e: lupi also heals allies close to you

Counterpoint: bungie are dumb

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Guns they should bring back...

1. Thorn
2. Outbreak Prime
3. Icebreaker

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This post gives me this weird sense of walking death

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

BlindSite posted:

Counterpoint: bungie are dumb

so the hard-on for hunters, then

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Yeah now that i think about it alpha lupi give extra orbs and group heals. Both of which have limited use.

Id take the full health regen any day.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This would make IB hella awkward

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Destiny 3 screen shots leaked i see.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You've crossed over into my territory now.

I prefer 4s over D2 6s. More strategy, better ability to Lone Wolf, etc.

I don't think either is "bad" but this iteration of 6s isn't close to being what people pretend it is.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

D2 pvp is loving garbage because bungo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I forget which gun regularly does 187 but it makes me happy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This game is... fun?
edit:

oh I just saw the 69's, lol, hell ya the sex gun

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Is there a reason only some Exotics can be Masterworked and some can't or am I just missing something, like I just got Sleeper Stimulant (again) and there's no masterwork for it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Judge Tesla posted:

Is there a reason only some Exotics can be Masterworked and some can't or am I just missing something, like I just got Sleeper Stimulant (again) and there's no masterwork for it.

Not really, Bungie didn't have the competence time to implement a masterwork for every exotic so the patch only adds it for some of them. Presumably there will be new batches of catalysts released every time they think a patch needs to add a few more dozen hours of grind.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have dropped 0 catalysts lol

Oh well. That worldline ornament is gorgeous though

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

Not really, Bungie didn't have the competence time to implement a masterwork for every exotic so the patch only adds it for some of them. Presumably there will be new batches of catalysts released every time they think a patch needs to add a few more dozen hours of grind.

Nah, it was definitely a design choice, with certain masterwork catalysts being gained from pledging to certain factions (ex. DO for Graviton Lance)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

Nah, it was definitely a design choice, with certain masterwork catalysts being gained from pledging to certain factions (ex. DO for Graviton Lance)

Yeah, there's a few more that have been datamined, but I don't think every exotic in the game has been accounted for at this point.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sorry fwc, I'm do come time for my fave shooty him

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The IB energy SMG seems pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011