Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Will there be a teabag emote? I really don't like pressing O a bunch of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUbWDEzKnw

Also,

quote:

"We're not committed to a PC date yet, but at Bungie we're totally committed to making a PC build as great as we can," Smith said. "Our partnership with Blizzard and being on Battle.net, we want to make sure that this version of the game has the time it needs to bake in the oven so it's a delicious piece of bread when it comes out."

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-release-date/

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

They really say player made custom emblems at one point too? Or was I just imagining things?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I am hearing at 6pm PST all the streamers and youtubers can start posting their gameplay from today.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Solo raid group finder?

Who's laughing now motherfuckers?

Lol, I hope all +1 dudes get bagged every time they die.

I will probably be the one getting bagged

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

strike gameplay for the lazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_PwEJom5YE

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Do we know if the Moon, Mars, Dreadnought and Venus are returning in this game, or are the only locations the four new ones that they mentioned?

I dont see any of those returning probably just the 4 mentioned today. I assume at least one of the expansions planned for Decemeber 2017 and Spring 2018 add a new patrol area.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the 4v4 only thing is weird but overall they all look like good changes and theres some salty whiny babies in here

Agreed, all the people who got to play said the gun feel was the same which is the most important thing for me. The PVE stuff seems to be greatly improved, especially with the story. The in game lfg seems cool too, I normally raid with goons but finding six people can be a pain in the rear end at times. The changes to pvp will cause salt but everything in pvp causes salt so whatever.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

they're not actual improvements if you're just removing the unnecessary layers of obfuscation that shouldn't have been there to begin with, oh and why not just have some new layers of stupid poo poo while we're at it

that little bitch munchkin luke smith is so up his own rear end it's like we really sat around and thought about this "LFG" problem and wondered how we could put our own unique stamp on something that's been solved for 20+ years, and here it is! can't wait til destiny 3 gets rid of this stupid clan poo poo and I can just queue up without it being a pain in the rear end, only took 3 games to stumble upon the correct solution! what fuckin' geniuses!

this series is going to be 10 years of great art design wasted by the most amateur gameplay design retards I have ever seen.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

the somethingawful forums D2 PC thread

or

The bitch munchkin thread

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I really hope all the sweaty tryhards find a home on the PC, would make crucible more fun for regular scrubs like me.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The new tower space which isn't a tower has another soccer ball but also has a pitch and goals that light up when the ball goes inside (just like your mom's face when I freak dat bitch, 'tone) so there might be some emergent gameplay going down

we all know what "bone" crew is really all about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1tzr0n_Usk

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I wanna see what they did to voidwalkers, looks like the one shot supers are over. I wonder if all supers are roaming now.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Destiny has weapon foundries omolon, hakke, suros​, etc.... Each foundry has their own similar designed weapons, perk trees, flavor text etc... This is part of the reason the weapons look the same. It all helps the world building too.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I'm sure this has already been discussed and I just missed it but how does the new weapon layout work? Like I know it's kinetic, elemental, power and shotties and snipes are in power now, but can only certain guns be kinetic or elemental? Like are kinetic weapons always AR/Scout/Pulse/HC or is it less divided than that?

No one really knows yet

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Has Bungie announced the next info dump? I figure we might get a timeline next Thursday in the TWAB but it will most likely be an announcement for the next announcement, which is probably related to E3.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

Is there another gun like the dead orbit hung jury but better? I like that gun a lot

Cryptic dragon can drop with similar rolls, gotta play crucible for it

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

Im just glad they confirmed dedicated servers for D2.

That will make a big difference i think to peoples perception of this game.

Wait what? I thought they confirmed there won't be dedicated servers.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Logged into OG destiny and it feels officially dead and gay, like 8 people in the tower and 2 red bars and today is a reset today.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well yeah but red bar dudes in the tower is new to me, I only saw one and he was moving all funny and poo poo. Never seen that in the tower of all places.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I got all my AoT patches and had fun doing it too, just couldn't figure out what else to do and logged out. The doubles I played was fun one dude was afk and everyone was using necrochasm, I got the necrochasm ornament this week.

CoE is super kills with trickle this week... gently caress you too bungie.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have yet to get a single AoT armor.

I haven't gotten any yet either, probably a bug that never gets fixed.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Wonder what is in the TWAB later today? Probably an announcement of when they are going to make an announcement.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Yeah 6v6 will need new maps if I am hearing bungie correctly, will probably be a "feature" in whatever expac kicks off the 2nd year of D2. Hell we could possibly get an 8v8 mode with vehicles n poo poo.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

They should do mayhem combined arms but increase the mobility of interceptor and increase the rate at which vehicles spawn.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

PathAsc posted:

I kinda want that lighthouse pulse, I am a bad.

Bads can get the weapons pretty easily now, I have all the trials weapons from the gold bounties. The bounties should take 2 cards max, managed to complete them twice on one card last week but took two cards this week. I blame people camping with icebreaker, frontier is a great map for the sweaty icebreaker bros. The shrinking player base hurts too. The trials pulse is basically the old vendor y2 hawksaw but with HCR and a better/hightlighting sight, if pulses are your thing it is a must have. Also gently caress the heavy kills on the trials page. I think I will end up at the lighthouse before getting 15 heavy kills :negative:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Amazon prime members getting 20% off on digital and physical pre-orders right now, all three platforms apparently.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-preorder-20-percent-off/

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Here is my two cents on the subclasses,

So far we have seen gunslinger, striker, dawncaller, sentinel and poledancer. No more support supers all will be roaming/offensive supers. Luke Smith is so far up his rear end that the classes taken king added will stay the same, all of them are roaming supers. I think voidwalker sticks around but gets reworked, nightstalker will get the voidbow. It makes sense if you think about it too, everyone starts(destiny 1) out at level 1 as a gunslinger, striker, or voidwalker and they all stay but get reworked. The classes that you get at level 15 sunsinger, bladedancer, and defender all got completely redone more or less. The taken king classes will be tweaked but won't be renamed or have their basic mechanics changed.

They hopefully are doing this to make all classes viable in the raid. The raids are at they best imo with light mechanics and a poo poo load of ads like confluxes and oracles in VoG, roaming supers are the most fun here imo. Hopefully the bosses are more like Oryx but not as procedural, the orges and light eating knights are actually a pretty cool mechanic and require skill and coordination/communication. Jumping on the pedestals in order is pretty stupid, just let me shoot poo poo. Bullet sponge raid bosses are pretty stupid and a big reason I don't like running the raids more often.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 30, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Bungie just announced the Official Destiny 2 gaming chair, get it while its hot

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

CoE is small arms and primary kill bonus, none of the bosses are annoying. Bring a quillims terminus to take out the wizards in the first round, otherwise just use first curse.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

it should do what the flavour text says it does and blow you up randomly when you shoot it sometimes

This would be perfect make it like a 15% chance.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

TWAB was a whole lotta nothing this week. Poledancer playable at E3 and they confirmed again no more updates for D1 if that wasn't obvious enough already.

Is anyone here going to E3?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Important question: is Amanda Holliday still alive and if so, will there be a minigame to make her your waifu?

She picks up you up in her ship during the gameplay reveal mission, no idea if you can gently caress her.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

What other games are worth playing while we wait for the beta? Was mass effect andromeda any good? I see alot of people playing Horizon event?? on my friends list.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Tuesday the 13th

quote:

Noon — 12:30 PM:
Inside Bungie
For over 25 years, Bungie has pushed the video game industry in bold new directions. Join Bungie CEO Pete Parsons for a wide-ranging discussion about his career, the industry, and Bungie’s next release, Destiny 2. Moderated by WWE superstar (and devoted Destiny fan) Big Show.

https://medium.com/@geoffkeighley/the-full-schedule-for-e3-coliseum-2017-a89045ffbd9a

Also apparently iron banner is this week?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Bungie bounties should be with peeps like the big show and Lance Reddick.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWETheBigShow/status/662001994543054848

Lol, Get rekt scrub

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Pretty sure it was a cocoon glitch that gave you unlimited rockets

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

eonwe posted:

i cant wait to play destiny 2

Agreed, hopefully the beta is early summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

We had a 6 man going last night, crushed a squad, got "we're breaking up these teams..." and were immediately matched up against the same opponents.

Had that happen to me once but I was on the losing team....