Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm crazy excited for matchmaking for raids.

Sure, they'll be dud groups, but at least now I can at least attempt to run raids. Instead of sifting through the100 or LFG trying to cobble a group together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tensokuu posted:

Might be the wrong thread to ask in but any PS4 bros that are around mind helping me knock out the Sunless Cell strike for the exotic swords? Need to get solar and void, so we can wreck the arc knight when we drop in and try and kill the other two together + alak hul at the end to do it all in one go.

I'm getting a whole lot of nothing from Fireteams on reddit. :sigh:

My roommate and I are planning on doing it too.

He needs the void sword, I need the arc and solar.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tensokuu posted:

If you want to add Tensokuu if you haven't I'll gladly help you guys too

Awesome, shot you a friend request.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My vault's pretty much full of stuff from when I freshly hit 400.

Just tons of "well, this is good infusion fodder, better save it if I get a good roll from an engram"

Now I just don't want to bother cleaning it out.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Menstrual Show posted:

Somebody post the "how to level in ROI" jpg please, I'm on bone and am 335 light zzzz.

Warlock jump is extra terrible unleveled lmao

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

limaCAT posted:

That is obsolete because blues get you up to 385, purples to 390 and gently caress you packages to 400.

I just googled and grabbed the first image.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I hope options open up for Titans. I enjoy playing them, but Defender is pretty much the only choice for raids and such. I'd like to be able to mix it up a bit.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Skeleton Key chests will also drop blues up to 400 light

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yup, exotic engrams and crucible rewards too.

I got from 385 to 400 really quick during an Iron Banner week. Got my poo poo kicked while my LL was still a little low, but it has good drop rates.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I used to go to PAX prime every year, haven't gone for a couple years just due to time and finances.

PAX is cool and good, but not if you just sit in lines to play games. The fun is in panels and the tabletop gaming areas.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

RIP original grand plan for the Destiny universe.

From what I understand the original plan for Destiny was dead before the release when they were forced to change the story.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The default in the Halo games was 4v4. I don't find it that surprising. Though since they like multiples of 3 for Destiny I'm kind of surprised they didn't do 3v3.

Maybe we'll end up with an 8v8 Big Team Battle sort of playlist down the road?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

ugh seeing the new pew pew emote in action makes me want to get the digital deluxe version but I already got the regular one

The physical deluxe doesn't get that poo poo? Well that blows.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

AAB posted:

Clan Link
Click interact, then join clan. You may need to set it as active or primary once you are accepted.

the discord that goes with it

Put in a join request. PSN is Daarst

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Daric posted:

I assume you can still get the exotics that you didn't pick from the quest rewards at some other point in the game.

I want every exotic.

At the very least you can roll a new character in a different slot and keep playing through and shoving the exotics in your vault.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got bamboozled by Kelloggs. I picked up some pop tarts for the XP boost and all I got was some points in their rewards program, no Destiny code.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The NPCs are gone from The Farm after the campaign?? I'm surprised they have the ability to do that. I wonder if you literally go to a different Farm before and after Campaign.

(Does Hawk Lady have a faction that increases in any way? I'm trying to think if there's ever any reason at all to go back there)

Hawk lady deals with clan stuff. Which currently seems to be not working correctly.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So what should I be spending my Glimmer on? So far I've just been buying the "random mod" from Banshee.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I don't think the drop rate is too high. I'm 270 and yet to get an exotic from a public event. Of the 3 exotic engrams I've gotten one was the freebie, one from an adventure, and the other from a lost sector.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

right now my biggest complaint is that none of the guns i've gotten feel very...good. like, i'm constantly using mida because it's just 'a gun that shoots straight' and not a whole lot of legendaries honestly seem to do that. maybe i'm spoiled by destiny 1 god rolls.

Nameless Midnight is a pretty drat good. I prefer it over the MIDA. I just use the MIDA because it has higher light.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this ties into the other problem: even if there was a gun that looked cool, if there's not a quest to get it, what the gently caress am i supposed to do? the gunsmith only gives me lovely suros elemental scouts and hawthorne's shotgun. the fact there's no way to acquire a gun that you want is absolutely mind-boggling to me. what am i supposed to if i keep getting SMGs? accept the fact i'll never damage an enemy more than four feet away?

You get it from rep packages from Zavala.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

It's called Legend of Acrius, it's an exotic shotgun, the quest currently hangs up on a step called "await the world eater," but will eventually require doing something in the raid, then completing last week's nightfall, then completing a bunch of strikes.

Its an arc shotgun that overpenetrates.

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Legend_of_Acrius

You have to complete The Arms Dealer with 7 minutes remaining. That's going to suck.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

the good fax machine posted:

On that note, anyone know if it's possible to get a +5 kinetic mod, or do they only exist on exotics?

I've had legendaries drop with them equipped, and I've gotten them from Banshee level up packages.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Finally got an exotic sparrow.

Shame I'll never use it because giving up my instant summon legendary one isn't going to happen.

Real bummer too because the exotic one looks kick rear end (it's the jousting one) and my legendary is the lotus flower one.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Titan cosmonaut set from Titan is also all mobility gear. Not sure if you care.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

How dare people fight as a team in team based PVP.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Roman posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312

Destroying Enemy Supplies: Only the player that destroyed an enemy supplies will receive a Faction reputation token. Players will not receive Faction reputation tokens for any enemy supplies destroyed by a Fireteam member, enemy combatant damage, or other means.

I noticed that when I blew up a barrel and it took out some supplies. No token.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

What the hell is an orange bar? Pretty sure there are only red and yellow health bars for enemies.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

-IB rewards require merely showing up, not performing to any standard

To be fair, you get 5 tokens for winning and 2 for losing. So there an incentive to win.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do they? They seem like they do very low damage and have very low ammo capacity.

If you land all the shots they can do a fair amount of damage though. I've been having fun with the FWC one.

The single-shot flashbang is fun in PVE too just for blinding the mini-bosses on patrol.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A new season just started in Diablo 3 as well.

A loot grinding game where you actually have to grind for loot.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wait is Destiny 2......insanely loving shallow and bad?

It's not insanely bad.

It's a fun game, just shallow. D1 was at launch though. Hopefully the expansions for D2 fix it like they did for D1.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Guess that's clogging my inventory for the foreseeable future.

Don't worry. Even if the you get the Acrius both it and a quest clog your inventory until you clear the prestige raid.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

The War Beast ornament that I got from eververse is way better than the one you get for prestige

I got that one too.

I'd love to ditch the quest and be able to vault the Acrius. I don't really care about the ornament, and I don't really care to take the time to find a group for the prestige raid. Running it on vanilla wasn't that fun to begin with.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kind of kicking myself for churning through all my planetary tokens/mats now. I had ~1500 when CoO dropped. I burned through them all to try and get new weapons.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Colony is hilarious in mayhem.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Suppressor grenades are hilarious in Mayhem. Between that and the ridiculously good recharge rate on the shield throw defender is a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Is this ghost shell worth throwing all of my dust at or no

I've had one since the day CoO dropped.

I haven't noticed any more loot. It's probably like the 3oC where your chance goes up by a fraction of a percent.