Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I love how everything looks but I'm not really feeling the huuuge pauldrons and tiny waists on every Titan armor we've seen so far. It looks too stylized and cartoonish for me. Hunters and Warlocks look basically the same as before, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I suppose not all armor will be like that but who knows. I want my magical space barbie to look cool, drat it.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Way too big. I don't want to be a world of warcraft character.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I hope we get little origin stories for all of the Vanguard, like we did for Zavala.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
That Playstation exclusive Titan armor is so cool. It still has the enormous pauldrons but at least it looks like it is enormous all around. Too bad I'm on xbox.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, Taken and SIVA powers mite b cool. They even have distinctive colors, black/white and red. Fund it.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm betting Ghaul's counselor is going to be Charlemagne. Warminds are "made to win" and we've seen that Rasputin didn't give a gently caress and literally allowed 90 percent of humanity to die. So Charlemagne decided to gently caress off and find a way to win and he found it: a more powerful race than humans, who could face the Darkness better if they only had the Light.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Also, the Consul is voiced by Frank Langella, who is, I think, the biggest name in the whole game. I think we'll see some more of him.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm a little disappointed about no patrol during the beta. Maybe they'll announce some surprises while it's ongoing.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Just loving freeze me for a week. Hate being 30 and getting so excited about videogames.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Sentinel confirmed as most OP subclass. I'm excited to see the new, bigger bubble. And now I'm wondering if all other subclasses also have an alternate mode to their super.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Nice

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

CheeseFactory posted:

Also I'm going to main sentinel titan. Shits cool as gently caress

Cool As gently caress. I wasn't liking the new Titan armor, but well, we can't have it all.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Policenaut posted:

I'm sure there'll be non-WoW shoulders in some of the armor going forward.

It's kinda sad but that's my main grip with the whole game. There's just something about those enormous shoulders that I don't like. Too cartoony. They kept the overall shape of the other classes but Titans got a little hosed up.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Sentinel apparently also has some form of shoulder charge?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm liking how loving euphoric Shaxx gets now.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm seeing that the instructions for the strike during the Inverted Spire don't disappear after a while and instead stay onscreen the whole time. I don't like that.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Also I'm one of those lore guys and the flavor text seems really lackluster from what little we've seen.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, they need to increase weapon and melee damage and decrease ability cooldowns. At least for PvE.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I went exploring by myself in the strike and it's the most fun I've had in the beta. I got to the lost sector door, killed a beefy minotaur dude, got in a three-way war with cabal, the minotaur and some fallen, got killed by a fallen with a lance. Really cool and makes me want to patrol very much. The open world seems really improved design-wise, it didn't seem like just a space to run across on our bikes.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
PvP feels a little boring. I'm just standing around with my teammates shooting one guy all at the same time.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Well, we used bullets to kill a billion-years old god and his son. Bullets are the Final Shape

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually we used a sword for the kid and the light for the dad, owned much?

Very much owned

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I just wanna know if we're gonna fight Light-enhanced Cabal. I want to see Bungie try something different, I don't wanna shoot minotaurs, big minotaurs and biggest minotaurs forever

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

the good fax machine posted:

We already got enhanced versions of all the enemies, and they loving sucked balls. 90% of them teleport, yeah that's good gameplay!

Yeah, the teleporting was kinda bullshit. But maybe they can think of enemies that are more fun to fight

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Policenaut posted:

If they do it'll probably be something like Ghaul has become a Guardian with the power of the light and at the end of the campaign you kill him but welp he's a loving Guardian so he just comes back and in the raid fight to actually kill him you have to blow up a bunch of generators or throw bombs into vent holes or something to make the robot spider attached to the traveler blow up so you can shoot him.

Yeah, maybe I'm hoping for too much. It will just be a mechanic implemented in like one story mission and parts of the raid, maybe

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Plenty of normal-sized Titan pauldrons spotted on that PVP trailer. Friendship Regain With Destiny

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm liking the new world design. Terrain in the EDZ looks really varied and different from what we've seen. A lot of verticality.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I hope enough people complain about having no lore that they bring the grimoire back in some form for the next expansion.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, I meant only as a complement. I get that we're getting more story in-game and that's really good, but I still want to read all the cool flash fiction that was the grimoire. The books of sorrow were specially cool and there is no other way of getting that in a game than in text form. Like that dude said, just put some lore stations where you can read it.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
You guys saw that Nessus gamplay video? The table flip emote is really cool.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I hope armor variety really opens up when you get to 20, because I saw some of the stream and the dude's titan looked the same all the way up to level 17. Green and blue armors in Destiny 1 were really cool, but I get that maybe they decided to use the cool designs for when you will actually use them for some time.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So Bungie said they didn't know exactly what the Darkness was but at the end they show that it maybe really is those ships from pre-D1 concept art?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
As if Rasputin could have stopped the Traveler even if he wanted to. She "held power over him", he wasn't powerful enough. But now he's not longer just a Warmind, so...

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I hope they revive the grimoire because there is a lot of crazy lore that we just get too little of, like that mission on Nessus with the Red Legion defectors where we learn that the cabal emperor is actually batshit crazy and wants to grind up the planet in order to drink it as wine. I need more of that stuff.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I don't think we should have to choose between story and grimoire. Give me both, like practically every other RPG/thing out there

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Synthocepts are really fun. I've now cleared several lost sectors just by non-stop punching guys.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So the Darkness is just going to be the Galactus from the Ultimate universe? Just a bunch of city sized drones that are actually a single entity that hates life and destroys civilizations?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I don't remember Destiny 1 having so many problems with the servers at launch, but maybe I just don't remember. This week I've been having lots of trouble getting people to do strikes, constantly appearing alone and having to wait for people to join, also empty worlds, 3 or 2 man teams vs 4 mans in pvp, obtaining chests and planetary materials and then just never getting anything out of them, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Do public events not count toward clan xp? I did a bunch yesterday for the milestone and they didn't give any clan xp.