Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
I was hoping cross play would save me from having to make new friends on PC but apparently a PC save cloud can't possibly talk to a console save cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
There's a permanency to the games in Battle.net which seems at odds with how Bungie has dealt with Destiny. Blizzard keeps plugging away on updates/expansions of WoW/SC/Diablo when they're 5-13 years old (even SC1/D2 get love from outside the launcher), but Destiny 1 is essentially being dumped after 3 years.

The Blizzard model doesn't really work in with the console centric-ness of Bungie; even 5 years of support would be a stretch on this generation of console (PS4 was only 3 years old when PS4Pro came out etc). So maybe this is just Activision making GBS threads on Blizzard's impeccably manicured lawn

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Winged Orpheus posted:

Any word on how to register for beta on pc yet? I have a code but don't see a way to make an account without an xbox or psn account.

I punched the code that came with my PC preorder into my (PSN & Microsoft linked) Bungie account and it says the following when it accepts the code "Platform selection and download code generation will be available later this year for the Destiny 2 Beta. An email will be sent to your verified email address when beta download codes are available".

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Winged Orpheus posted:

The problem is I don't have a psn or xbox account, and I can't make a bungie.net account without one for some reason

I'm sure Battle.net will eventually make this straightforward, but if you're itching in the meantime you might be able to enter your Microsoft account where it's asking for a Xbox account. If you've got a "Go to your Xbox profile" button on your Microsoft account profile page it may work.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

limaCAT posted:

I loved thorn because it was a good weapon and it made thousands of people insanely mad because you had to play crucible to win it. I also helped a goon to win his thorn by suiciding myself in rumble again and again and again.

this was my favourite year 1 weapon because it felt so hefty for a imaginary thing and even though I far prefer kb+m I know that without any vibration feedback the d2 spaceguns will never feel as good

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Console release pushed forward to Sept 6th, and PC release announced to be October 24th.

PC Beta is "Late August", console beta is mid-July

:tif:

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Destiny/Destiny-2-Lights-Up-E3-with-a-New-Trailer-New-Launch-Date-Beta/ba-p/10282050

e: And it's up on battle.net under shop now

sadnessboner fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 13, 2017

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Keep it chill m8, thanks to us Xbone got promoted from Bungie's least favourite, to second to least favourite :hf:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
The confirmation of no cross save is a knife to the heart

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

enjoy 30fps on your tallest midget most powerful console

:eyepop:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wrong again sport.
\

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

Are all the XIM losers picking up the PC version this time around or are they still pretending that it's not to have an unfair advantage on console?

We all know the answer here

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Goddamn, show us on the doll where the PC users touched you.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

subclasses are freely switchable, so you can be nova bomb warlock and then switch to fire sword warlock and the only cost is the time going into your character screen and maybe some cool downs and I guess the exp needed to get them fully operational

but if you don't three characters, one of every class then you don't deserve to be thread OP :colbert:
having three characters all of the same class for poop socking reasons is barely acceptable too, I guess

all three classes badly is how I've always played in the past and will continue to play in the future

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

Because I have a 2600k and 1070 and have trouble running several games at a rock solid 1080p60? And doubt a PC port will be well optimized?

If you're able to do a bit of monitoring it might be worth comparing your CPU/GPU utilisation. I upgraded recently and thought an overclocked i5 would be an okay pairing with a 1070, but some games (GTA5, PUBG) will max out my CPU before my GPU. When the framerate drops in these games I can see that my CPU is stuck at 100% utilisation, while the GPU is often hovering around 70-80%

Tei posted:

- bored milfs

poopsock milf is my favourite roleplay

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

A 2500k with a 970 isn't going to do better.

I never said it would little buddy. But if it runs like trash on your computer you'll be able to identify what's bottlenecking you.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
It's all good, Noseworthy just misspoke.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Destiny 2 won "Best PC Game" of E3 at the Game Critic Awards and idk how we should be feeling about that

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
like, the best thing we've got to look forward to in yool 2017 is some late arriving console game the dev couldn't even be bothered working on themselves

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
it's arguable that Destiny's most memorable guns were ones with fixed stats (raid/exotic weapons), so it can work. But historically there hits a point between content updates where the only thing that kept me playing was the off chance I'd stumble upon some white whale of a roll

Making the game more casual friendly was probably unavoidable but bungie don't make my poopsock redundant pls

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/TrialsReport/status/882035061616508928

an advent calendar with salt sachets instead of chocolate

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
"Late August" is a specific as they've been about the PC beta

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
IGN's tour video of the new social space is up:

http://au.ign.com/videos/2017/07/05/destiny-2-a-tour-of-the-new-social-space-the-farm-ign-first

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm not going to lie, the farm footage that IGN showed off today looked loving terrible. Janky animations, bad graphics, dull atmosphere. I know I'm gonna spend 1000s of hours on the final game but that wasn't a great start to the month-long reveal from IGN.

I'm hoping it's just IGN's pisspoor video encoding, the game looked ROUGH.

I was expecting to see more than 5 minutes of video, where they spend half the time talking about features they weren't willing to show. It looked really light on atmospheric effects after watching all that post E3 PC footage so it was probably running on a Playstation

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Waffle House posted:

Hmmm. Do I realllly care about the Playstation version, considering I basically only invested in a PS4 to play destiny, or am I just going to pre-order specifically on the PC and wait for the beta there

My PS4 was from the destiny bundle and in that time I've finished one other game. Be a dumb idiot and preorder for both platforms like idid

while we're on dumb idiots: http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/07/06/destiny-2-bungies-vision-for-the-sequel-ign-first

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

we don't know specs, right? i want to either upgrade my cpu (currently an i7 6700k) or my gpu (1080) before this comes out, and i'm not sure which would be closer to being a bottleneck

About the only facts we do have is that the rigs used at the initial reveal and E3 were running 7700K and 1080ti to achieve 4k@60fps. IIRC it was capped at 60fps in settings

sadnessboner fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 12, 2017

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

PathAsc posted:

I don't even plan on looking at the game graphics. I'll have a separate program poo poo the running code and stuff in a borderless window. Green font black background.

Destiny 219

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Many outlets said the frame rate was capped in the settings of the E3 systems. Plus capturing to 4K. It's pretty hard to gauge where performance is at

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Who needs a September release when you can have an October release PLUS bad peripherals with destiny written over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pL2Y061jfo

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QlGmv8-5c

Seems like they've made the world a bit more interesting/fruitful to be in outside of missions/strikes/etc

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
The base requirements being so low bodes well for the quality of the port. Assuming they actually return playable frames.

Having already played the PS4 beta I think the only thing I'm really looking forward to in the PC beta is seeing what kind of frames I can push

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He said, playing the beta a month late

yuo: super salty/bitterly disappointed by surprise bad beta. sometimes just cry out irl
us: not an angry babby, expectations/specs managed, tranquil@60fps, fingergun strangers in the street

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm gonna play this game both on my PlayStation 4 and on my Personal Computer

:hfive:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
pls stop engaging this unfunny dummy in our nice pc thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Let's join hands and pray for literally any kind of D2 news so we can get to a new page and not have to look at this pathetic slapfight any longer

• Locked thread